What are you binge watching lately?

goose

Marvelous Mrs. Maivel, season 2.

I love Rachel Brosnahan and Alex Borstein in this. Wish I could say the same about the supporting cast. Good show because of those two but I find the supporting characters annoying and unlikable.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I love Rachel Brosnahan and Alex Borstein in this. Wish I could say the same about the supporting cast. Good show because of those two but I find the supporting characters annoying and unlikable.

I thought her parents were great in the season 2 openers (the Paris stuff).
  • Like 1

I just don't like how controlling they are of Midge and how unaccepting they are of what she wants to do with her life. Being a very independent person myself it just makes them thoroughly unlikable to me.

• Like 1

I just don't like how controlling they are of Midge and how unaccepting they are of what she wants to do with her life. Being a very independent person myself it just makes them thoroughly unlikable to me.

I think that's part of the picture their painting, though, hat a woman would have a hard time making it in a man's world.

Escape at Dannemora- 7 part series on Showtime.

It is based on the Clinton NY prison break a few years ago, where a woman employee helped 2 convicts escape. The cast is awesome- Patricia Arquette, Benicio del Toro, Paul Dano. It's a little slow here and there but only because the story is told in great detail that makes it more understandable. Paul Dano is especially good so far- I'm halfway through.

They set the tone at the very beginning with an ELP song- how can you not love that??

Edited by blueschica

Lauren Lake's Paternity Court. Reality paternity beefs with an in-studio audience and their accompanying vocalizations. It comes on in the early afternoon, when I'm visiting Karen at rehab. She turned me on to it.

Watching the parents of the subject progeny duking it out has its merits-legal and otherwise. The arguments for and against, the intervening third party, the tension as the DNA results are announced, the releived or crestfallen look on the parents-especially the alleged baby daddy- is priceless. Judge Lauren Lake is skilled and compassionate, but doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Yeah, I know it's serious business. But this beats the snot out of Judge Judy!

Wow. Finished CSI Original, been through "NCIS" Original, and now I'm almost fully done with CSI:NY. I think I'm gonna purchase CSI:Miami next month. Looking at Ironside, and maybe Magnum P.I. [The Original] in the future. Been looking for The Avengers, The British special Police one, but I can't seem to find Mrs. Peel thru to the end of the '60s in a bunch. Star Trek: Deep Space 9 and Voyager are possibilities also.....Guess I'm a VIDEO Freak, like my Grandfather predicted!

ZbM0uko.png

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Wow. Finished CSI Original, been through "NCIS" Original, and now I'm almost fully done with CSI:NY. I think I'm gonna purchase CSI:Miami next month. Looking at Ironside, and maybe Magnum P.I. [The Original] in the future. Been looking for The Avengers, The British special Police one, but I can't seem to find Mrs. Peel thru to the end of the '60s in a bunch. Star Trek: Deep Space 9 and Voyager are possibilities also.....

ZbM0uko.png

So you are buying them on DVD? Or buying the seasons streaming from Amazon?

• Like 1

Still watching the latest seasons of Vera (BBC mystery) and in the middle seasons of Shetland (another BBC mystery.) Both are really well written and the places they are filmed (Shetland Islands and northern Britain) are beautiful.

Also a friend that grew up in the Detroit suburbs recommended Investigation Discovery's "Children of the Snow" to me. It's a very, very somber investigation of what were called the Oakland County Child Killings in 1976 and 1977 in the Detroit suburbs. It's a little hard to watch, but the killings have never been solved and the investigators are trying to bring more publicity to them.

The original spiderman on youtube.

Smiling stan lee at his finest. Amaxing animation and even better music

On net flix

Larry davids comedy in dangerous places. Excellent and thought provoking

Umbrella academy. Seemed ok but i said efff it after episode 4.

On amazon

Still overdosing on lancelot link.

Wow. Finished CSI Original, been through "NCIS" Original, and now I'm almost fully done with CSI:NY. I think I'm gonna purchase CSI:Miami next month. Looking at Ironside, and maybe Magnum P.I. [The Original] in the future. Been looking for The Avengers, The British special Police one, but I can't seem to find Mrs. Peel thru to the end of the '60s in a bunch. Star Trek: Deep Space 9 and Voyager are possibilities also.....

ZbM0uko.png

So you are buying them on DVD? Or buying the seasons streaming from Amazon?

DVD, but if they're in Blu-Ray, I buy that. I bought my first Blu-Ray player in about 2009, when I bought my 51 inch Samsung TV. I'm saving up for my next TV since this is a plasma, but it's lasting longer than plasmas were supposed to...

j2CVBP3.png

• Like 1

Forged in Fire. A contest of people forging knives, swords, and edged weapons from raw materials, and having them tested for strength, durability, and of course, killing power. Testing is brutal, and if not up to snuff, a blade will be broken. Nothing better than judge and tester Doug Marcaida's statement of "This blade will keel" (kill).
  • Like 1

Forged in Fire. A contest of people forging knives, swords, and edged weapons from raw materials, and having them tested for strength, durability, and of course, killing power. Testing is brutal, and if not up to snuff, a blade will be broken. Nothing better than judge and tester Doug Marcaida's statement of "This blade will keel" (kill).

Fun show. Kinda gross when they test for flesh (hacking a hog carcass)
  • Like 1

Fun show. Kinda gross when they test for flesh (hacking a hog carcass)

I was kind of a casual watcher until my 89 year old dad started watching it! He loves it and calls to discuss who his favorites are. :heart: :heart: Now we tune in pretty regularly.

The original spiderman on youtube.

Smiling stan lee at his finest. Amaxing animation and even better music

On net flix

Larry davids comedy in dangerous places. Excellent and thought provoking

Umbrella academy. Seemed ok but i said efff it after episode 4.

On amazon

Still overdosing on lancelot link.

Its larry charles not david. He did borat . Highly recommended

I forgot about schitts creek. This show is funny as hell

Then i tried another canadian show called corner gas. Its ok.