The Oracle

• Members
  • 11099 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

View Posttangy, on 04 October 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 04 October 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 04 October 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

Seriously.

No else has the constitution to check out paradie pd on netflix?

Didn't even know of this show. How dare you question my constitution lol.

Well third time is the charm!

If you can survive the first episode it mellows out a bit. But not much.

Survive? What kind of show is it?

Sponsored Post

#242 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9762 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:22 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 04 October 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

Seriously.

A seriously offensive yet incredibly funny cartoon. I thinks its the same animators that did the regular show.

#243 Airship2112

Airship2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:08 PM

Posted Image Great series, highly recommend, already ordered the great bites collection

#244 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 8168 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun.

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:15 PM

Just got done going through the Harry Potter series of movies....seriously have to read the books again for all the good stuff the movies left out.
Posted Image

#245 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 34791 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:04 AM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 04 October 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Just got done going through the Harry Potter series of movies....seriously have to read the books again for all the good stuff the movies left out.
Posted Image

The movies are charming but not really aging well for me. The books are still fantastic!

#246 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 8168 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun.

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostSegue Myles, on 05 October 2018 - 04:04 AM, said:

Posted Image

The movies are charming but not really aging well for me. The books are still fantastic!

I have the same problem with these movies as The Lord of The Rings and Hobbit movies.  The LoTR was almost a total reWrite of the Original books,  and the stuff left out was BETTER then the stuff the writers came up with to replace it.  J.R.R. Tolkien was phenominal in writing all this work, I've read ALL the major works, and own most of it. I grew up about ten years after TV was first on the scene, and so VIDEO is the way I take this stuff in, my best way to learn how to do stuff, etc.
Posted Image

#247 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 34791 posts
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:59 AM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 05 October 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Posted Image

I have the same problem with these movies as The Lord of The Rings and Hobbit movies.  The LoTR was almost a total reWrite of the Original books,  and the stuff left out was BETTER then the stuff the writers came up with to replace it.  J.R.R. Tolkien was phenominal in writing all this work, I've read ALL the major works, and own most of it. I grew up about ten years after TV was first on the scene, and so VIDEO is the way I take this stuff in, my best way to learn how to do stuff, etc.
Posted Image

I've read the books and I have to say, I wouldn't change anything about the movies. I love fantasy but I don't think Tolkien is the greatest. His world is amazing but his books were for me emotionally stunted.

#248 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 8168 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 05 October 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 05 October 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've read the books and I have to say, I wouldn't change anything about the movies. I love fantasy but I don't think Tolkien is the greatest. His world is amazing but his books were for me emotionally stunted.

Congrats on getting through the books,  Not many people I know have done that.   I LOVED the books.  Covered a LOT of ground, and I think you have to have to be able to look at implied content as well.
Guess I had the  wherewithall to do that with Tolkien's writing in his books...
Posted Image

#249 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 11099 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:06 PM

View Posttangy, on 04 October 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Seriously.

A seriously offensive yet incredibly funny cartoon. I thinks its the same animators that did the regular show.

Started on this show last night. Very funny and I must be numb from years of watching South Park and Family Guy but there's nothing here I find offensive. If somebody is offended by a cartoon then they've got some serious issues anyways.

#250 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9762 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:18 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 05 October 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 04 October 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Seriously.

Started on this show last night. Very funny and I must be numb from years of watching South Park and Family Guy but there's nothing here I find offensive. If somebody is offended by a cartoon then they've got some serious issues anyways.

Good deal. Keep watching.

I am not surprised at your reaction though. If breaking bad wasnt violent then this shit is like mr rogers neighborhood?

#251 Todem

Todem

Brosaucerous

• Members
  • 2343 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:24 AM

Ozark Season 2 almost done.

Then on to Season 3 of Man In The High Castle.

In my man cave I have been binge watching the 1979-1981 series Buck Rodgers In The 25th Century.

Edited by Todem, 09 October 2018 - 11:25 AM.

#252 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 7338 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:20 PM

Getting ready to binge seasons 1 and 2 of Superstore! The premiere of season 4 tonight reminded me how hilarious it is. :lol:

#253 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 34791 posts
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:41 AM

Not really binging...

The Good Place season 3.

Honestly? Not having the full season released at once has seriously affected my enjoyment. This is a show perfect for watching all afternoon on a lazy day. Having one episode a week makes it a more frustrating watch.

I was going to wait until the full season was over but people like to talk about it. I'm not sure really why Netflix do this with some of their more popular shows, as part of the appeal for having Netflix has always been that you can have full seasons on demand (like they did with the first two seasons).

So far I am finding it disappointing, but I think when it is all out and I can rewatch it in my preferred way, it will win me back over.

Also rewatching season one of Friends. It never gets old for me.

#254 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 11099 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:34 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 12 October 2018 - 05:41 AM, said:

Not really binging...

The Good Place season 3.

Honestly? Not having the full season released at once has seriously affected my enjoyment. This is a show perfect for watching all afternoon on a lazy day. Having one episode a week makes it a more frustrating watch.

I was going to wait until the full season was over but people like to talk about it. I'm not sure really why Netflix do this with some of their more popular shows, as part of the appeal for having Netflix has always been that you can have full seasons on demand (like they did with the first two seasons).

So far I am finding it disappointing, but I think when it is all out and I can rewatch it in my preferred way, it will win me back over.

The Good Place isn't a Netflix original. It airs on a major network here in the US. That's why you're not getting the full season right away. It's airing here right now. I've enjoyed the first three episodes so far. But do wish they would get off earth and go back to the afterlife which I'm sure will happen.

#255 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9762 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

Buzzards on a buzz saw...

One of my faves is on amazon. The dukes of hazard.

James best RIP is the star imo

#256 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 34791 posts
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:28 AM

J2112YYZ, on 12 October 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Segue Myles, on 12 October 2018 - 05:41 AM, said:

Not really binging...

The Good Place season 3.

The Good Place isn't a Netflix original. It airs on a major network here in the US. That's why you're not getting the full season right away. It's airing here right now. I've enjoyed the first three episodes so far. But do wish they would get off earth and go back to the afterlife which I'm sure will happen.

Oh I see! I thought it was...and yeah glad I am not alone. Janet is less...Janet-ey too...so far season 3 is my least favourite. But I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the season it blows us all away again.

#257 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 11099 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 13 October 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 12 October 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Not really binging...

The Good Place season 3.

Oh I see! I thought it was...and yeah glad I am not alone. Janet is less...Janet-ey too...so far season 3 is my least favourite. But I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the season it blows us all away again.

Yeah, Janet isn't quite the same. On the newest episode she did use her knowledge of everything to help a random stranger though. As long as Eleanor continues to be awesome it's all good.

#258 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 34791 posts
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:54 AM

J2112YYZ, on 13 October 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Segue Myles, on 13 October 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

J2112YYZ, on 12 October 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Segue Myles, on 12 October 2018 - 05:41 AM, said:

Not really binging...

The Good Place season 3.

Yeah, Janet isn't quite the same. On the newest episode she did use her knowledge of everything to help a random stranger though. As long as Eleanor continues to be awesome it's all good.

Agreed. It's still good, and like I said this show would work better for me if I could just binge it like the first two seasons. It's too intricate and addictive for one half hour a week!

#259 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 34791 posts
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:54 AM

The Haunting Of Hill House

This is an amazing show!

#260 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 11099 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:07 AM

View PostSegue Myles, on 17 October 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 13 October 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 13 October 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 12 October 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Not really binging...

The Good Place season 3.

Agreed. It's still good, and like I said this show would work better for me if I could just binge it like the first two seasons. It's too intricate and addictive for one half hour a week!

I do enjoy binge watching and having whole seasons available right away. But the draw back is that once you're done it's a year before the next season. By then I've forgotten what happened. So, the traditional once a week show I don't mind because it draws it out for longer and there's not such a huge gap between seasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users