March 1, 1973

custom55

The Best Singer in the band......ever!

http://www.theartsdesk.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/mast_image_landscape/mastimages/Clare%20Torry_crop.jpg

• Like 2

http://www.theartsdesk.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/mast_image_landscape/mastimages/Clare%20Torry_crop.jpg

Clare

I admit it. When I was a teenager, and the album was new, I just didn't get The Great Gig In The Sky. It went over my head, so I would always skip it.

Not anymore! A masterpiece, it is. A magnificent display of emotion, passion, and pure joy ..... :notworthy:

• Like 2

Clare

I admit it. When I was a teenager, and the album was new, I just didn't get The Great Gig In The Sky. It went over my head, so I would always skip it.

Not anymore! A masterpiece, it is. A magnificent display of emotion, passion, and pure joy ..... :notworthy:

Clare's vocals on that are mind blowing...absolutely lost her shit.

Imagine what she was like in bed. Damn.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, Dark Side! And I'll forgive you for inspiring an ugly copy of the album cover that took up the whole wall in my friend Doug's house! I got a headache every time I saw it! :LOL:
  • Like 1

What happened then?

The first few posts are a little vague but I believe Dark Side Of The Moon was released on this date.

What a mind blowing experience it must have been to hear that album fresh and new upon release. I wasn't born until five years after this came out, so I already knew most of it from the radio when I first heard it. That doesn't make the album any less fantastic to me but it had to be otherworldly to hear it back then.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I have to skip "Money". It's been played to death on classic rock radio.

I found that once I stopped regularly listening to classic rock radio I had a new appreciation for all the overplayed songs I like after a few years. Of course I know that this may not work for everyone but it helped me out a lot.

• Like 2

DSOTM tour at Roosevelt stadium, NJ June 1973. I remember it well.

Quad sound with On The Run. It felt like the stadium was spinning and going to lift off its foundation. Floyd really knew how to toy with your head.

http://youtu.be/4WglzMzS-3g

Edited by custom55
  • Like 5

I have to skip "Money". It's been played to death on classic rock radio.

I found that once I stopped regularly listening to classic rock radio I had a new appreciation for all the overplayed songs I like after a few years. Of course I know that this may not work for everyone but it helped me out a lot.

I still have several songs on my Retired List. As the years pass, I slowly become able to listen to them again. Still can't listen to Stairway To Heaven and Freebird, though.... :LOL:

• Like 1

I have never been a big fan of Pink Floyd. In reading this thread I decided to give this record another go.

I still hate it.

Well then.....No Great Gig in The Sky for YOU!! ;) ;)

• Like 2

I have never been a big fan of Pink Floyd. In reading this thread I decided to give this record another go.

I still hate it.

Wow. Just not you cup of tea?
  • Like 1

I remember when Gilmore re-recorded Money in 1981, for their "Best Of" album, A Collection Of Great Dance Songs.

We thought it was pure blasphemy! You don't redo such a perfect song! :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I remember when Gilmore re-recorded Money in 1981, for their "Best Of" album, A Collection Of Great Dance Songs.

We thought it was pure blasphemy! You don't redo such a perfect song! :laughing guy:

I love that version.

I'm due to give Pink Floyd another go .. Genesis finally came around for me, so up nect is PF

I saw my friend Mike last week, and he's as big a Floyd fan as there is .. He knows me, and I told him that of the ones I know, I like Atom Heart Mother ... He said I should start with Animals ..

Anyways, Happy Birthday to The Dark Side

I'm due to give Pink Floyd another go .. Genesis finally came around for me, so up nect is PF

I saw my friend Mike last week, and he's as big a Floyd fan as there is .. He knows me, and I told him that of the ones I know, I like Atom Heart Mother ... He said I should start with Animals ..

Anyways, Happy Birthday to The Dark Side

Animals is my #2 PF

• Like 1