Jump to content


How many people on here own a pair of these?

to hell with goodhell

  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

    The Gun Crank

  • Moderator
  • 22300 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The firing line.
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 26 February 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostJack Aubrey, on 26 February 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 February 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

View PostJack Aubrey, on 26 February 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 February 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 26 February 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 February 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

I no longer wear any of those because I'm an adult over the age of 30.
You mean you look like an old man so you would look ridiculous in them?
I've been told I look like a typical 50 something male so wearing Chucks would make it appear I would be trying to hard to hold on to my youth. Frankly, I don't care what people wear but if you're well into middle age and look like it, I'm going to laugh under my breath if you're wearing Chuck Taylors or have purple hair or are wearing a halter top or have numerous piercings or any number of other things. And if you're a woman of a certain age and are wearing those with a dress or skirt, I may laugh out loud. Roll the bones!

What kind of shoes do you typically wear?
At work I wear a couple of different pairs of running type shoes and outside of there, I wear similar ones or lace up casual shoes and the occasional boot.

Thanks, I was just wondering. I'm not a shoe fetishist so don't worry about that! :D Personally, I like Merrells.
You just like the idea of Merrells taking over the world don't you?? :eh:

:D

Everybody should wear 'em, they're great shoes! The MOABs are the best hiking boots are the best I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot!

Sponsored Post

#42 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87186 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

View PostJack Aubrey, on 26 February 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 26 February 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostJack Aubrey, on 26 February 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 February 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

View PostJack Aubrey, on 26 February 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 February 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 26 February 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 February 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

I no longer wear any of those because I'm an adult over the age of 30.
You mean you look like an old man so you would look ridiculous in them?
I've been told I look like a typical 50 something male so wearing Chucks would make it appear I would be trying to hard to hold on to my youth. Frankly, I don't care what people wear but if you're well into middle age and look like it, I'm going to laugh under my breath if you're wearing Chuck Taylors or have purple hair or are wearing a halter top or have numerous piercings or any number of other things. And if you're a woman of a certain age and are wearing those with a dress or skirt, I may laugh out loud. Roll the bones!

What kind of shoes do you typically wear?
At work I wear a couple of different pairs of running type shoes and outside of there, I wear similar ones or lace up casual shoes and the occasional boot.

Thanks, I was just wondering. I'm not a shoe fetishist so don't worry about that! :D Personally, I like Merrells.
You just like the idea of Merrells taking over the world don't you?? :eh:

:D

Everybody should wear 'em, they're great shoes! The MOABs are the best hiking boots are the best I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot!
I've got a couple of pairs of Salomons.

#43 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87186 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 February 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 26 February 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 February 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

View PostJack Aubrey, on 26 February 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 February 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 26 February 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 February 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

I no longer wear any of those because I'm an adult over the age of 30.
You mean you look like an old man so you would look ridiculous in them?
I've been told I look like a typical 50 something male so wearing Chucks would make it appear I would be trying to hard to hold on to my youth. Frankly, I don't care what people wear but if you're well into middle age and look like it, I'm going to laugh under my breath if you're wearing Chuck Taylors or have purple hair or are wearing a halter top or have numerous piercings or any number of other things. And if you're a woman of a certain age and are wearing those with a dress or skirt, I may laugh out loud. Roll the bones!

What kind of shoes do you typically wear?
At work I wear a couple of different pairs of running type shoes and outside of there, I wear similar ones or lace up casual shoes and the occasional boot.
Are you not too old for running shoes too? And what shoes are you supposed to be wearing according to whoever it is that you take notice of? Brogues? Hush puppies?
Men should wear leather shoes of a loafer or lace-up variety and women shouldn't be wearing shoes unless their kitchen floor is cold. Of course I kid. This is my opinion here, but when I see adults well into adulthood wearing Chucks, I think they're trying to avoid getting older. Obviously that wouldn't be the case for all of them, and right or wrong, that's often what goes through my head. The same goes for Crocs, although again, imo, no adult should wear those outside of the house unless it's to work in the garden.  But hey, that's just me. wear whatever you want or what makes you happy. I saw a guy last week who was wearing what appeared to be hand stitched pants, that looked like they were assorted quilt squares with the seams on the outside. Apparently he liked them.  :bump:
I'd look foolish in a pair of those type of shoes, I'd look too young for them! :16ton:

#44 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6719 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:

    Dead & Co. - June
    Foo Fighters - Jul
    Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Jul
    Tedeschi Trucks Band - Oct
    Brian Wilson - Dec

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:12 PM

Do What You Like.   That's my motto. :codger:

#45 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31679 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:20 PM

View Postcustom55, on 26 February 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Do What You Like.   That's my motto. :codger:

treeduck’s motto is:

Do Who You Like.

:P

#46 edhunter

edhunter

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2725 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

The uniform...

https://youtu.be/wx_zFg_MlMo

#47 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31679 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

Haven’t owned any Chuck’s in many years because they’ve never been that comfortable for my wide feet.

Additionally, given my geography and the national custom of taking shoes on and off in homes, some restaurants, some offices, and many other places, tying and untying shoes at entrances gets to be a burden. So yeah, most of my shoes are laceless.

Oh, I’m with Jack Aubrey in regards to Merrell’s. I’ve been buying them for years now. I got Mrs. B hooked on them too.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze, 26 February 2018 - 06:26 PM.


#48 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 58230 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

Mine...

Posted Image

#49 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 5071 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 26 February 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

Haven’t owned any Chuck’s in many years because they’ve never been that comfortable for my wide feet.

Additionally, given my geography and the national custom of taking shoes on and off in homes, some restaurants, some offices, and many other places, tying and untying shoes at entrances gets to be a burden. So yeah, most of my shoes are laceless.

Oh, I’m with Jack Aubrey in regards to Merrell’s. I’ve been buying them for years now. I got Mrs. B hooked on them too.
You don't wear regular shoes with the heel part folded under your heel for easy on and off? When I lived over that way, I saw a lot of folks wearing sneakers as slip-ons.

#50 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 4890 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:14 PM

Used and low tops and falling apart...but heck yes I do.

#51 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31679 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 February 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 26 February 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

Haven’t owned any Chuck’s in many years because they’ve never been that comfortable for my wide feet.

Additionally, given my geography and the national custom of taking shoes on and off in homes, some restaurants, some offices, and many other places, tying and untying shoes at entrances gets to be a burden. So yeah, most of my shoes are laceless.

Oh, I’m with Jack Aubrey in regards to Merrell’s. I’ve been buying them for years now. I got Mrs. B hooked on them too.
You don't wear regular shoes with the heel part folded under your heel for easy on and off? When I lived over that way, I saw a lot of folks wearing sneakers as slip-ons.

No. That’s uncomfortable, looks lazy, and slowly damages the design of the shoes. I just now thought of those last two reasons but I think that.

#52 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 7561 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic aircraft models, having fun.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:51 PM

Mine.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 11809 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:08 PM

I like Chucks, but you gotta get different insoles

But I prefer these

Posted Image

#54 Alien Girl

Alien Girl

    So Far So Good

  • Members *
  • 2208 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Event Horizon
  • Interests:Interests?...I have no interests...I'm not an interesting person. Very one dimensional...like cardboard...or toast.

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:46 PM

I own quite a few pairs of low top chuck taylors, that I wear now.  As for high tops, I was the first girl in my junior high to wear them...8th grade, 1982.  And boy did I get teased...although they were all the rage a couple years later.  
Many colors over the years...maroon, pink, purple, yellow, white, orange, navy blue, green, glow-in-the-dark green, lavender etc.  Both low and high-top.
Both my boys spent the early toddler to little kid years in black ones w/ flames on them.
I will never not wear converse.  ;)

#55 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87186 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

View PostLucas, on 26 February 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

I like Chucks, but you gotta get different insoles

But I prefer these

Posted Image
How about some like these?

Posted Image

#56 Tick

Tick

    Mr: 26,000!!!

  • Members *
  • 26480 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm not in this stove!
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:24 PM

My daughter owns several pairs. I wore them about 35 years ago. They were great as a carpet installer because the toes didn't wear out easily.

#57 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 82042 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:56 AM

Had a pair once. Though when I saw David Tennant in Doctor Who running in them, I wondered how the heck he could do that when I clearly couldn't. And they were a bit uncomfortable. No support. Looked nice though.

#58 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21897 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:27 AM

I have three pairs in my closet. I also put more supportive insoles in them.

#59 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87186 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:21 PM

View PostBabycat, on 28 February 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

Had a pair once. Though when I saw David Tennant in Doctor Who running in them, I wondered how the heck he could do that when I clearly couldn't. And they were a bit uncomfortable. No support. Looked nice though.
Baby what kinds of shoes do you run in??

#60 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 7935 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Britain
  • Interests:Reading, movies, knitting, cross stitch, playing my ukulele, the Seattle Seahawks and the New Orleans Saints.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:29 PM

Not me.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: to hell with goodhell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users