JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32022 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:40 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 28 February 2018 - 03:41 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 28 February 2018 - 02:12 AM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 26 February 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

I still don't understand why people like this band...

Some people don’t understand why I love Rush.

Some people don’t understand why I hate Axl Rose’s voice.

Individually, I wouldn’t put any Metallica member near the top of their respective instrument BUT they have 2 albums that I love, 3 that I like. That’s enough for me, and more than most bands in the grand scheme of things.

I love RUSH.
I love Axl Rose and Guns N Roses.
I love the first ok four METALLICA records.

"It's a matter of opinion...."

Love

PRIMUS

Fun Fact:   Did you know Les Claypool tried out for Metallica?  As they were all impressed with his audition they all told him that he would be better off finding his own niche.  

He did!

Yes, I read an article on that way back when Sailing the Seas of Cheese was new.

Sponsored Post

#42 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32022 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:13 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 28 February 2018 - 03:37 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 28 February 2018 - 02:00 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 28 February 2018 - 01:32 AM, said:

If Metallica would ever think about the old school fans for once and do "Master Of Puppets" all the way through.  I would go.

Does this make me a hypocrite?

Probably.

Who cares.

They played all of Master of Puppets at Summer Sonic (summer music festival) in Osaka in 2006. EVERY track and in a row. I was there and so close to the stage that the sweat from Kirk Hammett’s curls was spraying my area. I let it slide though because he had some Marvel character design on one of his guitars. :P

They played almost nothing from Re-Load and St. Anger. Good! Towards the end, they played a track off the then-unreleased Death Magnetic.

Excellent show.

:hail:

You lucky bastard!  No wonder I love you!  METALLICA USED TO RULE!

Saw Metallica just twice (in 2013 and 2006) at that same summer festival.

The 2013 festival had more bands I was interested in:
((I went both days of the festival))
http://www.summerson...neup/osaka.html

But the 2006 festival was the one when they played all of Master of Puppets:
((Just went on the day Metallica played; wasn’t really interested in many other bands but I’m glad I went because of the Puppets surprise treat - it was MoP’s 20th anniversary soooo they played it all))
http://www.summersonic.com/06/

And here’s that 2006 gig’s setlist:
http://www.setlist.f...n-5bd6dfe0.html
Just ONE song (total) played from Load, ReLoad, and St. Anger! Excellent! That’s fewer than I remembered! :hail:

#43 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 10988 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:19 AM

View PostLeanne, on 27 February 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

I plan on going to Tulsa or Wichita show.  Can't get tix when they go on sale so I hope there is some available later.

This might be one of those tours where waiting to buy tickets on stubhub as the show gets closer might be the best option. There are a ton of presales and it looks like nothing will be left for anybody once they officially go "on sale to the public" friday morning. There are at least six presales for the show here and I imagine it's the same everywhere else. My brother even signed up for the Metallica fanclub to get tickets for the show with their presale and he couldn't even log in the site was so jammed up. He tried later and the presale for our show was sold out. Not even joining the fanclub helped. The ticket sale system for these big arena/stadium shows has become a complete mess over the last few years.

Good luck getting tickets.

View PostCygnus 2112, on 28 February 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

No Western Canada shows :(

And by that I mean BC, Alberta.  No way I'm travelling to Saskatoon or Winnipeg

Last summer they did a stadium tour that hit a lot of the bigger markets. Did they play anything in Western Canada last year? If they did then that's probably why there's no dates for you or in the bay area (Earl brought that one up). This tour is hitting a lot of the secondary cities they haven't been to in a long time.

#44 GeddyLeeRoth

GeddyLeeRoth

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1301 posts
  • Interests:My family. Music- Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, and Metal. Revisionist History and Anthropology, UFOlogy, Astronomy, Tolkein, Game Of Thrones (books), 60s-early 90's comic books.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

I haven't seen Metallica since the '98 Reload Tour, but then again they've been pretty scarce around KC. I wasn't about to drive 8 hours round trip last year to STL to hear Lars NOT play double-bass. But, I gotta go this time. But WTF??!!! I seriously have to lay down money A FULL YEAR before they come here? Tix go on sale 3/2/18 and they play KC 3/6/19! The chrome plated balls on those f***s.

For those of you that don't get Metallica--particularly their first 4 albums...you are mental midgets.

#45 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 34550 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

View PostGeddyLeeRoth, on 28 February 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

I haven't seen Metallica since the '98 Reload Tour, but then again they've been pretty scarce around KC. I wasn't about to drive 8 hours round trip last year to STL to hear Lars NOT play double-bass. But, I gotta go this time. But WTF??!!! I seriously have to lay down money A FULL YEAR before they come here? Tix go on sale 3/2/18 and they play KC 3/6/19! The chrome plated balls on those f***s.

For those of you that don't get Metallica--particularly their first 4 albums...you are mental midgets.

I love nearly everything they have ever done

#46 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 10988 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 28 February 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

Saint Anger was really the only misfire for me.

#47 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 34550 posts
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 28 February 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

Some of Reload for me...is less than good.

#48 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5584 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

I've yet to see Metallica but hope to remedy that on this tour, with hope being the key word. As a member of the 2nd tier fan club, I had access to the 2nd pre-sale yesterday (the 1st one was for the long time, hard core, paying fan club members). I logged on about 27 minutes after it started (freaking work getting in the way again) and there were no tickets available and I only wanted 1.   So I guess I'll try Friday when the general sale starts. :rage:

#49 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 10988 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:45 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 28 February 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

I enjoy most of that. Load is the one that's a little up and down for me.

#50 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 34550 posts
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:08 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 28 February 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 28 February 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

I enjoy most of that. Load is the one that's a little up and down for me.

I love Load front to back! Tbh I really enjoy both albums. No real misses on either.

#51 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4693 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:12 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 28 February 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

View PostCygnus 2112, on 28 February 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

No Western Canada shows :(

And by that I mean BC, Alberta.  No way I'm travelling to Saskatoon or Winnipeg

Last summer they did a stadium tour that hit a lot of the bigger markets. Did they play anything in Western Canada last year? If they did then that's probably why there's no dates for you or in the bay area (Earl brought that one up). This tour is hitting a lot of the secondary cities they haven't been to in a long time.

Yes they played Vancouver and Edmonton last year, and I saw the Edmonton show.   Would love to see them again.

#52 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4693 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:14 AM

I bought tickets for Roger Waters on October 21st 2016, for his show October 28th 2017.  I agree, anything longer than six months is a long time to wait for a concert.

#53 GeddyLeeRoth

GeddyLeeRoth

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1301 posts
  • Interests:My family. Music- Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, and Metal. Revisionist History and Anthropology, UFOlogy, Astronomy, Tolkein, Game Of Thrones (books), 60s-early 90's comic books.

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:24 AM

View PostCygnus 2112, on 01 March 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

I bought tickets for Roger Waters on October 21st 2016, for his show October 28th 2017.  I agree, anything longer than six months is a long time to wait for a concert.
These big acts are grossing a million bucks a show and turning around an investing that money for 6-12 mos before they even come to town. So anyway....anyone know who might be opening?

#54 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

Member titles are overrated!

• Members *
  • 17331 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:35 AM

/yawn

They should have quit after the Black Album.

#55 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 22103 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Bradford PA)

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:01 PM

$310 for two tickets in the upper nosebleeds. No thanks....
I paid less than that per ticket for Rush and I was ridiculously close.

#56 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 10988 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 02 March 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

Where are you trying to buy tickets from?

#57 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

• Members *
  • 22103 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 02 March 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

KeyBank Center's website

#58 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 10988 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:01 PM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 02 March 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

KeyBank Center's website

Wow, if they're charging that much for the upper level then where are the $65 seats that are listed on the site? I'm not sure I'll be going to this show now. My brother got shut out on three of the presales and they're charging that much for the upper level? I'd love to see them again but it just doesn't seem worth it. Maybe I can luck out and get something cheap on stub hub as the show gets close.

#59 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

• Members *
  • 22103 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 02 March 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

KeyBank Center's website

Wow, if they're charging that much for the upper level then where are the $65 seats that are listed on the site? I'm not sure I'll be going to this show now. My brother got shut out on three of the presales and they're charging that much for the upper level? I'd love to see them again but it just doesn't seem worth it. Maybe I can luck out and get something cheap on stub hub as the show gets close.
I'll go see Ozzy in Syracuse or something instead. I'm seeing Anthrax tonight so I get to see a few of the Big 4 before they retire

#60 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 10988 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 02 March 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 02 March 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

KeyBank Center's website

I'll go see Ozzy in Syracuse or something instead. I'm seeing Anthrax tonight so I get to see a few of the Big 4 before they retire

Oh cool. I hope you enjoy their stale, run of the mill, ignore a ton of our best stuff setlist they always play.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metallica, earl n ducks favorite band

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users