Great bands with weak vocalists?

Texas King

rush

:outtahere:

main argument for all them :rush: haters :beathorse:

RUSH SUCKS!!! Should have been an instrumental prog band.

Speaking of SUCK..

Primus fits the bill here. Crap singing, but a very cool band that makes it all work. :haz:

But they still suck!

rush

:outtahere:

main argument for all them :rush: haters :beathorse:

RUSH SUCKS!!! Should have been an instrumental prog band.

Speaking of SUCK..

Primus fits the bill here. Crap singing, but a very cool band that makes it all work. :haz:

But they still suck!

HAHAHA!!! I get it and I was lucky enough to see PRIMUS open for RUSH three times! 1992! Both vocalists SUCK in these bands! LOL!

"Sailing The Seas Of Cheese" > "Moving Pictures"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Surprised no one has mentioned Mastodon.....outstanding musically, but vocally not terribly good.

Vocals suit the music perfectly in the studio.

I'm not a big fan of this band but I really liked the first three records. Not a fan of the singer but his vocals totally fit the music.

Listen to some CIRCLE JERKS goose! The goose is loose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnHm4ro_l8s&sns=em

No no no, that's a weak band with a great singer.

Hang me, shoot me, I don't give a f**k.

Amon Amarth would sound a billion times better with clean vocals in the vein of Jeff Scott Soto or Bruce Dickinson. The death growls doesn't really fit it.

And I'm not dissing Johann, he's an absolute sweetheart from what I've seen and heard. But I never liked that Cookie Monster stuff.

Then stop listening to Amon Amarth and go listen to some pussy ass weak radio metal like you always boast about for fcuk sake

Coming from the guy who loves Styx

Dead Kennedys, X, Sex Pistols...pretty much any punk band?

No fuckking way man! JELLO AND JOHNNY ROTTEN RULE!!!!!

:yes: I love punk and all those bands...but the genre's not really known for it's vocal chops. :P

Amon Amarth would sound a billion times better with clean vocals in the vein of Jeff Scott Soto or Bruce Dickinson. The death growls doesn't really fit it.

And I'm not dissing Johann, he's an absolute sweetheart from what I've seen and heard. But I never liked that Cookie Monster stuff.

Then stop listening to Amon Amarth and go listen to some pussy ass weak radio metal like you always boast about for fcuk sake

I like commercial music. I also completely respect extreme music and don't tell fans of those genres their taste is piss poor or the bands are wrong because aspects of their sound do not suit my idea of what great music is.

You bitch about Amon Amarth. Stop listening to them then. Metal is full of bands with equal complexity minus the extreme vocals. So go to them.

I don't like Queen. I am vocal about that. But at the same time I don't start threads about how pissed off I am that Queen fans don't share my view on something and I think they should listen.

Extreme vocals are an art form. Some vocalists are better than others. That doesn't mean you have to like it. But you can appreciate that many do, and bands like Opeth and Amon Amarth use or have used such techniques to create their sound and portray what they want to bring across using their personal choices. Fans of that style of music flock to it and the bands succeed because for many they are doing what is right.

You listen to shit hair metal that was as manufactured as any boy band. You proselytize to us all the time that we are wrong. Many here grew up knowing those bands and hearing them all the time. We can even enjoy them because they can be fun.

But to hear someone who takes that style of music so seriously come and whine that bands that offer a lot more creatively away from the mainstream do not sound the way a Poison fan expects them to sound is really monotonous. It is like hearing a casual music fan listen to Nightwish once and ask why they don't sound more like Britney Spears because, hey!, they would sell a lot more if they used a female singer like that.

You either embrace new forms of metal as you discover them or you can just piss off. Because the more you talk about music the more a dumbass you come across and the problem is you spread yourself so thickly across this forum, one can never truly avoid it.

I'm not saying you should stop listening to these bands, but if you are so well informed on music, and know so much, then why would you pick a single band like Amon Amarth and endlessly criticise them? Why not look elsewhere for another band more suited to your palate? Why even bother listening to extreme vocals if you know you don't like them?

I don't seen pages and pages of forum members here whining about pop artists because they don't sound like the music they like. I don't see "wouldn't Mariah Carey have been better if she stopped what she is doing to sound more like Celtic Frost?".

Like...what is the point of you talking about music if you can never open your mind and embrace differences?

You can be really interesting at times, but then you can be really dumb.

My boyfriend hates Bruce Springsteen because he doesn't like his voice. He doesn't sit there going "I wish he sounded more like Morrissey". Instead, he chooses not to listen to Springsteen and listens to Morrissey instead.

Job done.

And if he wants to listen to something like Springsteen that isn't Springsteen? He can use the internet to find similar artists more suited to his palate.

I do like Styx. They are comparable to Queen. I don't like Queen so I listen to Styx.

If I talk about Queen, it's in response to someone else. I don't start threads about them, or complain constantly.

But the thing is, I like a lot of music comparable to Queen which makes what I say easier to digest for others.

I don't talk smack about a band I barely know in a style of music I never listen too because what would be the point?

I don't slag off hip hop because I know little about it and what I do like is very little. But I don't expect rappers to stop rapping because I would prefer they sound more like Stevie Wonder.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 4

I like commercial music. I also completely respect extreme music and don't tell fans of those genres their taste is piss poor or the bands are wrong because aspects of their sound do not suit my idea of what great music is.

You bitch about Amon Amarth. Stop listening to them then. Metal is full of bands with equal complexity minus the extreme vocals. So go to them.

I don't like Queen. I am vocal about that. But at the same time I don't start threads about how pissed off I am that Queen fans don't share my view on something and I think they should listen.

Extreme vocals are an art form. Some vocalists are better than others. That doesn't mean you have to like it. But you can appreciate that many do, and bands like Opeth and Amon Amarth use or have used such techniques to create their sound and portray what they want to bring across using their personal choices. Fans of that style of music flock to it and the bands succeed because for many they are doing what is right.

You listen to shit hair metal that was as manufactured as any boy band. You proselytize to us all the time that we are wrong. Many here grew up knowing those bands and hearing them all the time. We can even enjoy them because they can be fun.

But to hear someone who takes that style of music so seriously come and whine that bands that offer a lot more creatively away from the mainstream do not sound the way a Poison fan expects them to sound is really monotonous. It is like hearing a casual music fan listen to Nightwish once and ask why they don't sound more like Britney Spears because, hey!, they would sell a lot more if they used a female singer like that.

You either embrace new forms of metal as you discover them or you can just piss off. Because the more you talk about music the more a dumbass you come across and the problem is you spread yourself so thickly across this forum, one can never truly avoid it.

I'm not saying you should stop listening to these bands, but if you are so well informed on music, and know so much, then why would you pick a single band like Amon Amarth and endlessly criticise them? Why not look elsewhere for another band more suited to your palate? Why even bother listening to extreme vocals if you know you don't like them?

I don't seen pages and pages of forum members here whining about pop artists because they don't sound like the music they like. I don't see "wouldn't Mariah Carey have been better if she stopped what she is doing to sound more like Celtic Frost?".

Like...what is the point of you talking about music if you can never open your mind and embrace differences?

My boyfriend hates Bruce Springsteen because he doesn't like his voice. He doesn't sit there going "I wish he sounded more like Morrissey". Instead, he chooses not to listen to Springsteen and listens to Morrissey instead.

Job done.

And if he wants to listen to something like Springsteen that isn't Springsteen? He can use the internet to find similar artists more suited to his palate.

I do like Styx. They are comparable to Queen. I don't like Queen so I listen to Styx.

If I talk about Queen, it's in response to someone else. I don't start threads about them, or complain constantly.

But the thing is, I like a lot of music comparable to Queen which makes what I say easier to digest for others.

I don't talk smack about a band I barely know in a style of music I never listen too because what would be the point?

I don't slag off hip hop because I know little about it and what I do like is very little. But I don't expect rappers to stop rapping because I would prefer they sound more like Stevie Wonder.

Rebuttal Fraroc.........hmmmmmm? what? thought so, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Job done.

Usually I just ignore theses kinds of posts, but that was thoroughly logical and probably a bit necessary.

Fraroc, coming from someone who is interested in your take on things from time to time, and who enjoys some hair metal and doesn't have much of a palate for extreme vocals, I think you'd be wise to really listen to what Segue is saying here.

• Like 5

Listen to some CIRCLE JERKS goose! The goose is loose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnHm4ro_l8s&sns=em

No no no, that's a weak band with a great singer.

Only put it there because Earl said “loose”

lol

That is a great song though, always forget about that one.

• Like 1

I'm not one from Extreme/growel vocals. but i do see the appeal and will dabble in it from time to time. Still don't really get it.

but i will never make large posts shitting on it or those who like it.

nor do i tear into people who don't get the same enjoyment out of music i adore.

Fraroc you really have growing up to do brother. i'd say seriously work on it.

you wear a lot of us down.

Mick

• Like 5

Job done.

Mick

He never has a reply when someone has a good logical post that counters his thoughts. This post by Segue was so well done that it probably caused frarocs brain to explode.

• Like 3

Job done.

Mick

He never has a reply when someone has a good logical post that counters his thoughts. This post by Segue was so well done that it probably caused frarocs brain to explode.

He won't listen and will either ignore it, whine about it, or throw another band in my face and be like "BUT YOU LIKE DIS AND DAT!".

But glad it got a good response...it felt like letting go of a massive shit I'd held in for hours writing that.

• Like 4

f**k these f***ing f***s that don't wanna see a f***ing Enuff Z'Nuff reunion featuring a f***ing Chip Z'Nuff hologram. Stay at f***ing home grandpas, I'll be there enjoying real f***ing rock!

:fury: :fury: :fury: :fury: :fury: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Mick

• Like 2