Jump to content


Worst Five Rush Songs in Your Opinion


  • Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#21 lifeson90

lifeson90

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1252 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

All on clockwork angels:

Halo effect
Wish them well
Bu2b2
Carnies
Seven Cities of Gold




Sponsored Post

#22 Alien Girl

Alien Girl

    So Far So Good

  • Members *
  • 2279 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Event Horizon
  • Interests:Interests?...I have no interests...I'm not an interesting person. Very one dimensional...like cardboard...or toast.

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

View Postlifeson90, on 22 February 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

All on clockwork angels:

Halo effect
Wish them well
Bu2b2
Carnies
Seven Cities of Gold


Oh yeah, total agreement here w/ those two.  Bleh.

#23 On TheRoad To Adventure

On TheRoad To Adventure

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 502 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia, Canada

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

1. Dog Years
2. Face Up
3. Superconductor (SO repetititious!)
4. Wish Them Well
5. You bet your life

#24 jnoble

jnoble

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1193 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:40 PM

The Speed Of Love
Second Nature (SO wussy)
Virtuosity (SO dated)
Bravest Face
Good News First

#25 Disk98

Disk98

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3936 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:08 AM

5.  Cygnus X-1, Book II: Hemispheres
4.  You Bet Your Life
3.  Anagram (for Mongo)
2.  The Necromancer
1.  The Fountain of Lamneth

Honorable Mentions: Need Some Love, Carve Away the Stone, Hand Over Fist

Edited by Disk98, 24 February 2018 - 02:09 AM.


#26 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32034 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:11 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 22 February 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

Probably in this order...

1) Bravest Face...yodeling garbage

2) You Bet Your Life...sounds like Billy Joel’s  “We Didn’t Start the Fire” - Buddy Holly Ben Hur bla bla bla suck

3) Speed of Love...(underserving of a comment)

4) Rivendell...Necromancer is an example of a good song made when drugged up; Rivendell is an example of a shit song when drugged up

5) Face Up...these lyrics kill this song for me. If it were an instrumental or just a bunch of humming I'd pass it. It’s a shame as the music behind the words is decent

I think I’m going to have to replace Face Up with Wish Them Well as there’s nothing in it that I enjoy. Nothing.
At least Face Up has the stuff I said previously.

#27 jnoble

jnoble

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1193 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

Face Up would've sounded much better with the beefier Kevin Shirley Counterparts sound

#28 jnoble

jnoble

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1193 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

Wish Them Well starts off just like a Green Day song who's name I can't recall at the moment

#29 jnoble

jnoble

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1193 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

The Color Of Right belongs on a list too. I've never understood the point of the lyrics of it and its the beginning of Geddy's "I couldn't sing a good hook or melody to this" phase that would only get worse as time went on

#30 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 59574 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:42 PM

View Postjnoble, on 24 February 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

The Color Of Right belongs on a list too. I've never understood the point of the lyrics of it and its the beginning of Geddy's "I couldn't sing a good hook or melody to this" phase that would only get worse as time went on
T4E is a treasure trove of lyrical garbage.

Can't do the time?
Don't do the crime
And wind up in the perp walk on TV


Half of us divided
Like a torn-up photograph

I'd rather be a tortoise from Galapagos

Astronauts in the weightlessness of pixellated space

and of course...

A quality of justice
A quantity of light
A particle of mercy
Makes the color of right


#31 bootruss

bootruss

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • Location:Rotherham, England,UK

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

Bravest Face is one of my favourite songs from the recent albums, as is colour of right! Each to their own I guess! 👍

#32 Rushman14

Rushman14

    Mr. Hollywood

  • Members *
  • 11751 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:55 PM

Anagram
Tai Shan
Face Up
Color Of Right
Heresy

#33 vital signz

vital signz

    Médico en La Villa

  • Members *
  • 5382 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

View Postgoose, on 24 February 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

View Postjnoble, on 24 February 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

The Color Of Right belongs on a list too. I've never understood the point of the lyrics of it and its the beginning of Geddy's "I couldn't sing a good hook or melody to this" phase that would only get worse as time went on
T4E is a treasure trove of lyrical garbage.

Can't do the time?
Don't do the crime
And wind up in the perp walk on TV


Half of us divided
Like a torn-up photograph

I'd rather be a tortoise from Galapagos

Astronauts in the weightlessness of pixellated space

and of course...

A quality of justice
A quantity of light
A particle of mercy
Makes the color of right



Check out this video made to Test for Echo.  I'll guarantee you will change your mind about the lyrics regarding at least that song.




#34 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4250 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

View Postedhunter, on 22 February 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

This thread is not fair. There are 11 equally,utterly, totally, completely, entirely shitty songs on Test For Echo. 6 of them shouldn't be let off the hook because you only want 5!

My 11:

Can't Fight It

Need Some Love

Working Man

Fly By Night

Closer To The Heart (studio version only...kicks ass live)

Limelight

Superconductor

Ghost Of A Chance

Face Up

Neurotica

The Speed Of Love

Carve Away The Stone


Oh wait....that's not 11.

#35 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 24383 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

View Postytserush, on 25 February 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 22 February 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

This thread is not fair. There are 11 equally,utterly, totally, completely, entirely shitty songs on Test For Echo. 6 of them shouldn't be let off the hook because you only want 5!

My 11:

Can't Fight It

Need Some Love

Working Man

Fly By Night

Closer To The Heart (studio version only...kicks ass live)

Limelight

Superconductor

Ghost Of A Chance

Face Up

Neurotica

The Speed Of Love

Carve Away The Stone


Oh wait....that's not 11.

Something from side 1 of their masterpiece is among their worst songs?

Fly By Night and Working Man are probably in my 25 favorite songs by them.

#36 taurus

taurus

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 323 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

Not Rivendell
Not Roll the Bones
Not I Think I'm Going Bald

The weakest 5 tracks from T4E/VT/S&A and you got your answer

#37 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1677 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

My 5 least favorite:

Rivendell
Sweet Miracle
Halo Effect
Tai Shan
High Water

#38 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1677 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:18 PM

View PostAlien Girl, on 22 February 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

The worst to me, and in my opinion, off albums I listen to regularly...

The Mission (blah, the intro makes me cringe)
Bravest Face
We hold on
Good News First
Middletown Dreams
Emotion Detector

I don't care if the rest of you lot love them, I don't care if they speak to you, I don't care if they strike a chord.  I don't care, I don't like 'em.
Middletown Dreams???  WTF!!!  That's TOP TEN Rush for me...

#39 Geddy Jazz

Geddy Jazz

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 237 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mexico
  • Interests:Rush/World History

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:18 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 22 February 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

View PostUltimate Rush Tribute, on 22 February 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Even the Beatles had a few clunkers.  Everyone makes mistakes.  What were Rush's top 5 worst songs?

1 ) Roll the Bones (has to be the worst I can think of with the horrible orchestra hits and the "rapping" if you can call it that.  Why are we here? Because we're here.  Really?
2)  I think I'm going bald - Cheesemania
3)  Face Up
4) Dog Years
5) Leave that thing Alone - Lazy

Not surprised by #1-4.

But to #5’s one word comment I reply, “Holy shit. ‘Lazy’?! Rush?! They were like three hyperactive bees for their entire career.”
#1-4 + Faithless...love all :rush: instrumentals

#40 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 59574 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

View PostMithrandir, on 01 March 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:


Sweet Miracle
GASP!!!!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users