Jump to content


How To Spice Girls Up The Rush Forum Section? Steve Hackett Does Genesis Revisited Tours So What if Alex Did A Rush Revisited Tour? Would You Go....


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32022 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

View PostRod in Toronto, on 20 February 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 20 February 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

View PostRod in Toronto, on 20 February 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

I'd go...and I would interview him!!!!

Hahahaha!!!  Yes you would!!  Lucky dog!

Hey Rod!  Life through music is so connected.  My buddy actually has his own interview online site out here in the Bay Area.  He is going to interview Steve Hackett at 1 pm on Thursday in San Francisco!  He invited me to go!!!

Go meet him, and ask about the nerdy dude he met at the hotel in Toronto...

Whaddya mean? Earl IS the nerdy dude! :P

Sponsored Post

#22 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

View PostRod in Toronto, on 20 February 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 20 February 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

View PostRod in Toronto, on 20 February 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

I'd go...and I would interview him!!!!

Hahahaha!!!  Yes you would!!  Lucky dog!

Hey Rod!  Life through music is so connected.  My buddy actually has his own interview online site out here in the Bay Area.  He is going to interview Steve Hackett at 1 pm on Thursday in San Francisco!  He invited me to go!!!

Go meet him, and ask about the nerdy dude he met at the hotel in Toronto...

Hahaha!  I just might!  Us nerds must stick together!

#23 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:21 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 20 February 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

View PostRod in Toronto, on 20 February 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 20 February 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

View PostRod in Toronto, on 20 February 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

I'd go...and I would interview him!!!!

Hahahaha!!!  Yes you would!!  Lucky dog!

Hey Rod!  Life through music is so connected.  My buddy actually has his own interview online site out here in the Bay Area.  He is going to interview Steve Hackett at 1 pm on Thursday in San Francisco!  He invited me to go!!!

Go meet him, and ask about the nerdy dude he met at the hotel in Toronto...

Whaddya mean? Earl IS the nerdy dude! :P

Hahaha!  Yep!  I responded to Rod first before seeing this!  Of course I'm a nerd!

Proud of it.

"REVENGE OF THE NERDS!"

#24 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:21 PM

I'm a tall skinny guy with freckles who is in love with Rush music.

#25 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

    Crushed in Rio

  • Members *
  • 9349 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

#26 thizzellewashington

thizzellewashington

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 505 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:33 AM

I actually think Geddy is more likely to do a tour than Alex is. I'd go see whatever either of them decided to do.

#27 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32022 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:25 AM

View Postthizzellewashington, on 21 February 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

I actually think Geddy is more likely to do a tour than Alex is. I'd go see whatever either of them decided to do.

Same here. But Alex is more likely to appear two dozen times as a guest onstage for 1-2 songs with another band before Geddy gets any kind of tour going. :)

Edited by JohnnyBlaze, 21 February 2018 - 02:26 AM.


#28 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 9695 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

I would be interested.

I love victor. Throw in a few rush tunes
and a few covers and it would be awesome.



#29 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 9695 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

View Postthizzellewashington, on 21 February 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

I actually think Geddy is more likely to do a tour than Alex is. I'd go see whatever either of them decided to do.

I think ged did a short tour for MFH. Pretty sure of it. I dont recall alex touring for victor though?



#30 Lurkst

Lurkst

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 358 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:36 PM

View Posttangy, on 21 February 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

I think ged did a short tour for MFH. Pretty sure of it. I dont recall alex touring for victor though?

Neither of them played any of those albums live. Geddy did a promo tour of record stores I believe, but he was only signing stuff not singing stuff.


#31 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32022 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:53 PM

View PostLurkst, on 21 February 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 21 February 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

I think ged did a short tour for MFH. Pretty sure of it. I dont recall alex touring for victor though?

Neither of them played any of those albums live. Geddy did a promo tour of record stores I believe, but he was only signing stuff not singing stuff.

Correct.

#32 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2223 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

I'm there.  A little Rush, a little Victor, a little MFH, oh hell forking yeah I'm there!

#33 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 9695 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

View PostLurkst, on 21 February 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 21 February 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

I think ged did a short tour for MFH. Pretty sure of it. I dont recall alex touring for victor though?

Neither of them played any of those albums live. Geddy did a promo tour of record stores I believe, but he was only signing stuff not singing stuff.

I stand corrected. Working at perfekt!
D'oh....

It is weird/sad how they never branched out more either as solo or with other players.

#34 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32022 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

View Posttangy, on 21 February 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

View PostLurkst, on 21 February 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 21 February 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

I think ged did a short tour for MFH. Pretty sure of it. I dont recall alex touring for victor though?

Neither of them played any of those albums live. Geddy did a promo tour of record stores I believe, but he was only signing stuff not singing stuff.

I stand corrected. Working at perfekt!
D'oh....

It is weird/sad how they never branched out more either as solo or with other players.

Not really. It mostly means that they were fulfilled with what they were doing in Rush. It’s the reason they stayed together for so long: They were fulfilled and didn’t need another outlet to say more.

Of course, they did do a few things such as Victor, MFH, and the Burning for Buddy stuff + some minor side stuff with other artists but not as much as other musicians of their longevity and reputation.

#35 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 9695 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:25 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 February 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 21 February 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

View PostLurkst, on 21 February 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 21 February 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

I think ged did a short tour for MFH. Pretty sure of it. I dont recall alex touring for victor though?

Neither of them played any of those albums live. Geddy did a promo tour of record stores I believe, but he was only signing stuff not singing stuff.

I stand corrected. Working at perfekt!
D'oh....

It is weird/sad how they never branched out more either as solo or with other players.

Not really. It mostly means that they were fulfilled with what they were doing in Rush. It’s the reason they stayed together for so long: They were fulfilled and didn’t need another outlet to say more.

Of course, they did do a few things such as Victor, MFH, and the Burning for Buddy stuff + some minor side stuff with other artists but not as much as other musicians of their longevity and reputation.

Your last sentence is what i am talking about.

Surely they had many opportunities to do so.

#36 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32022 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

View Posttangy, on 21 February 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 February 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 21 February 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

View PostLurkst, on 21 February 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

View Posttangy, on 21 February 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

I think ged did a short tour for MFH. Pretty sure of it. I dont recall alex touring for victor though?

Neither of them played any of those albums live. Geddy did a promo tour of record stores I believe, but he was only signing stuff not singing stuff.

I stand corrected. Working at perfekt!
D'oh....

It is weird/sad how they never branched out more either as solo or with other players.

Not really. It mostly means that they were fulfilled with what they were doing in Rush. It’s the reason they stayed together for so long: They were fulfilled and didn’t need another outlet to say more.

Of course, they did do a few things such as Victor, MFH, and the Burning for Buddy stuff + some minor side stuff with other artists but not as much as other musicians of their longevity and reputation.

Your last sentence is what i am talking about.

Surely they had many opportunities to do so.

My first bit is my main point though: they probably felt fulfilled enough in what they were doing in Rush

#37 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:36 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 21 February 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

I'm there.  A little Rush, a little Victor, a little MFH, oh hell forking yeah I'm there!

Could you imagine if Alex and his band covered "Anesthetize" live?  I would shit to see Alex play that solo!!!

Alex could pick one of the three songs he played on with Gowan.  "Lost Brotherhood."

Also I think it would be cool if he and his band played one of the two cuts from Platinum Blonde's "Alien Shores."

I will just contact Alex and write the set list for him.

Of course that new Rik Emmett cut will also be played live on the tour.

#38 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32022 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:38 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 21 February 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 21 February 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

I'm there.  A little Rush, a little Victor, a little MFH, oh hell forking yeah I'm there!

Could you imagine if Alex and his band covered "Anesthetize" live?  I would shit to see Alex play that solo!!!

Alex could pick one of the three songs he played on with Gowan.  "Lost Brotherhood."

Also I think it would be cool if he and his band played one of the two cuts from Platinum Blonde's "Alien Shores."

I will just contact Alex and write the set list for him.

Of course that new Rik Emmett cut will also be played live on the tour.

You know that the Emmett/Lifeson gigs are the realistic way to go.

#39 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 February 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 21 February 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 21 February 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

I'm there.  A little Rush, a little Victor, a little MFH, oh hell forking yeah I'm there!

Could you imagine if Alex and his band covered "Anesthetize" live?  I would shit to see Alex play that solo!!!

Alex could pick one of the three songs he played on with Gowan.  "Lost Brotherhood."

Also I think it would be cool if he and his band played one of the two cuts from Platinum Blonde's "Alien Shores."

I will just contact Alex and write the set list for him.

Of course that new Rik Emmett cut will also be played live on the tour.

You know that the Emmett/Lifeson gigs are the realistic way to go.

I know!  Could you imagine throwing some Triumph into that set list.  I would have a stroke!  Rush music, Triumph music and Alex and Rik's solo stuff too!!!  WOW!!!!  They would make the BIG MONEY!  I need to contact both of their agents at once!

#40 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32022 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:45 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 21 February 2018 - 10:41 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 February 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 21 February 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 21 February 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

I'm there.  A little Rush, a little Victor, a little MFH, oh hell forking yeah I'm there!

Could you imagine if Alex and his band covered "Anesthetize" live?  I would shit to see Alex play that solo!!!

Alex could pick one of the three songs he played on with Gowan.  "Lost Brotherhood."

Also I think it would be cool if he and his band played one of the two cuts from Platinum Blonde's "Alien Shores."

I will just contact Alex and write the set list for him.

Of course that new Rik Emmett cut will also be played live on the tour.

You know that the Emmett/Lifeson gigs are the realistic way to go.

I know!  Could you imagine throwing some Triumph into that set list.  I would have a stroke!  Rush music, Triumph music and Alex and Rik's solo stuff too!!!  WOW!!!!  They would make the BIG MONEY!  I need to contact both of their agents at once!

Since Geddy’s not part of this hypothetical, which Rush songs would you be okay with Rik singing?

And remember, this fantasy is simply Rik & Alex on stage with maybe Dave Dunlop on there providing even more guitars.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users