Interviewing Steve Hackett...

Rod in Toronto

I'd have been shitting bricks if it were me and I'm not even a total Genesis maniac like some people on here! :16ton:

Believe me, I was!!!

You didn't look it you looked as cool as a cucumber!

I´m glad i gave you that impression, but look at my hands as I ask him questions...

I'd have been shitting bricks if it were me and I'm not even a total Genesis maniac like some people on here! :16ton:

Believe me, I was!!!

I´m glad i gave you that impression, but look at my hands as I ask him questions...

Oh no you looked good there and Hackett was acting like he was dealing with a veteran.

• Like 2

Believe me, I was!!!

Oh no you looked good there and Hackett was acting like he was dealing with a veteran.

He was quite cool. I think he enjoyed it, and appreciated the fact that I knew what I was talking about. I faked it just right!!! :16ton:

• Like 3

Believe me, I was!!!

He was quite cool. I think he enjoyed it, and appreciated the fact that I knew what I was talking about. I faked it just right!!! :16ton:

Nah you did good. :hail:

Looking forward to the inevitable theater release of Almost Famous 2: The Rodrigo Story.

:ebert:

Yeah, that would be an amazing story. Brad Pitt wanted to play me, but I think we need someone prettier.

Pitt’s not good enough!

As I told you many times before, Antonio Banderas as Rod!

...but now he’s too old for you. So currently I’m going with Edgar Ramirez.

Good stuff with the interview!

:hail:

• Like 1

Rooooood!!!!!!! Fantastico. :notworthy:

I love the interview. Absolutely a pro job. My favourite part is where you safely found a way to sail round the reunion question. That was brilliant. :cool:

Rooooood!!!!!!! Fantastico. :notworthy:

I love the interview. Absolutely a pro job. My favourite part is where you safely found a way to sail round the reunion question. That was brilliant. :cool:

Thanks man! I thought about how to approach the subject of reunion for the longest time...

• Like 1

Did Hackett happen to play any of his acoustic stuff, like from Momentum or A Midsummer Night's Dream? I have those two albums, and they're awesome!

No, he only used an acoustic guitar in the intro of certain Genesis songs.

*cough* The Cinema Show *cough* Great song though.

So now you all have heard me speak and have seen me on video. For those of you with whom I interact a lot here: do I look/talk like you expected?

I said that to my husband last night when I was watching the Hackett interview! I said, "I don't know how it worked out but Rod's voice sounds like I thought it would!" :) :)

And you sound polished and professional- there are interviewers in the US here that could learn from your technique. Great job on the interview- I enjoyed it a lot!

• Like 2

So now you all have heard me speak and have seen me on video. For those of you with whom I interact a lot here: do I look/talk like you expected?

I said that to my husband last night when I was watching the Hackett interview! I said, "I don't know how it worked out but Rod's voice sounds like I thought it would!" :) :)

And you sound polished and professional- there are interviewers in the US here that could learn from your technique. Great job on the interview- I enjoyed it a lot!

Wow, thanks!!!! I´m still learning this as I do it...in some cases I find myself interrupting the artists a little bit, so I need to work a little bit on that. But your compliment means a lot!

• Like 1

Rod, I just watched the interview, and I cannot tell you how good it is - Great job !!

You lead Steve with your great questions and Steve took it and ran with it .. He opened up and every bit was extremely interesting.. It is obvious that Steve was very comfortable and you provided him a great vibe- you got him to cover a lot of ground and I loved what he said about the importance of staying current with writing new music and at the same time not giving up on your past accomplishments ...

He's definitely not just living on his name, and the fact that he continues to put out new material is what it is all about being an artist ... He one of a handful of greats who have aged very well

A+ Rod, great stuff

• Like 1

Rod, I just watched the interview, and I cannot tell you how good it is - Great job !!

You lead Steve with your great questions and Steve took it and ran with it .. He opened up and every bit was extremely interesting.. It is obvious that Steve was very comfortable and you provided him a great vibe- you got him to cover a lot of ground and I loved what he said about the importance of staying current with writing new music and at the same time not giving up on your past accomplishments ...

He's definitely not just living on his name, and the fact that he continues to put out new material is what it is all about being an artist ... He one of a handful of greats who have aged very well

A+ Rod, great stuff

Yeah Rod did a good job of listening and just letting Steve talk and he answered and expanded on his answers into other areas.

Edited to remove God! :AlienSmiley:

Edited by treeduck

Thanks Lucas! I've been watching the interview over and over again, and still pinching myself...as much as it's painful to watch a video of me, I have to do it to believe it actually happened!

I hate seeing videos of myself! :facepalm:

• Like 1

Thanks Lucas! I've been watching the interview over and over again, and still pinching myself...as much as it's painful to watch a video of me, I have to do it to believe it actually happened!

Rod, you did great, believe me - and I think you impressed Steve by having a great deal of knowledge of his entire career ..

I am the same way with seeing pictures / videos of myself or hearing my voice played back, so don't worry about the way you came across on the video ... I think we have the habit of being WAY too hard on ourselves when there is absolutely nothing to worry about ..

The chemistry was great and Steve was a gentleman and a great guest

• Like 1

Duck, I am the same way ... and my voice too

It is painful, and it goes all the way back to the 80s when everyone started getting answering machines for the phone .. My friend Ralph was relentless with this - I'd call him and he'd intentionally not answer so I'd leave a message - and when I went to his house, he'd leave me for a minute standing there alone, and then he'd playing the message that Id just left - loud enough for everyone to hear ..

And video is even worse !!

:LOL:

• Like 1

It is painful, and it goes all the way back to the 80s when everyone started getting answering machines for the phone .. My friend Ralph was relentless with this - I'd call him and he'd intentionally not answer so I'd leave a message - and when I went to his house, he'd leave me for a minute standing there alone, and then he'd playing the message that Id just left - loud enough for everyone to hear ..

When I hear my voice played back I always think oh God I sound like an asshole! :LOL: When I see a video of myself I think Jesus who the hell is that weirdo? Not seen him before! :LOL: and then it's whoop it's me! :smoke: :LOL:

• Like 1

When I hear my voice played back I always think oh God I sound like an asshole! :LOL: When I see a video of myself I think Jesus who the hell is that weirdo? Not seen him before! :LOL: and then it's whoop it's me! :smoke: :LOL:

hahahaha

I am the exact same way

• Like 1

hahahaha

I am the exact same way

I think most people are, although all these people who take selfies all day long must be different.

• Like 1