Let's Do This! Which Movie Do You Adore The Most? "Airplane!" Or "Blazing Saddles!"

RUSHHEAD666

When the captain hears about this the shit is really gonna hit the fan.... 73  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which classic comedy do you love the most?

• "Airplane!"
    • "Blazing Saddles!"

Blazing. Airplane is great too but I give my vote to Blazing Saddles. It's so racist though.

I don't think it is racist. There was once a time when we could make light of our differences. Now we are turning into PC robots.

Blazing Saddles is the opposite of racist. It's satire.

We're from different schools.

I was in a elevator ( with a TV screen ) in NYC a few years back that was playing Blazing Saddles. Why that movie was playing but probably some cable feed.

A few black people got on the elevator and the slave scene was on. They were "what the f**k is that ?" and went down to complain.

Satire is often misinterpreted by the very people that are being defended in it. That's one of the big risks of irony. Not everyone gets the joke.
  • Like 4

Blazing. Airplane is great too but I give my vote to Blazing Saddles. It's so racist though.

I don't think it is racist. There was once a time when we could make light of our differences. Now we are turning into PC robots.

Blazing Saddles is the opposite of racist. It's satire.

We're from different schools.

I was in a elevator ( with a TV screen ) in NYC a few years back that was playing Blazing Saddles. Why that movie was playing but probably some cable feed.

A few black people got on the elevator and the slave scene was on. They were "what the f**k is that ?" and went down to complain.

Satire is often misinterpreted by the very people that are being defended in it. That's one of the big risks of irony. Not everyone gets the joke.

Folks, all of us, tend to spend far too much time analyzing our own feelings, and not enough time analyzing the intent of others.

This! Love both films but Airplane wins.

• Like 1

I actually own both but airplane for me. If the choice was young frankenstein vs airplane though I would chose the former.

Young Frankenstein works on many, man levels. Just brilliant.

Lots of funny scenes in both but Airplane is my winner. The disco playing radio station getting blown off the air when the plane crashes into the antenna tower - precious!

WRONG!!!

It's all about Blazing Saddles. Love the chaos at the end. Particularly the drunk knocking someone out with his breath.

I just surfed my way into an airing of Blazing Saddles, and it's my favorite scene: Madeline Kahn's "I'm Tired".

"They start with Byron and Shelley, then jump on your belly..."

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

I just surfed my way into an airing of Blazing Saddles, and it's my favorite scene: Madeline Kahn's "I'm Tired".

Let's face it, everything below the waist is kaput!

• Like 1

Let's face it, everything below the waist is kaput!

:LOL: