What Are We Cooking for the Super Bowl?

pjbear05

Cooking anything special for the game?

I'm making Mexican Pizza. Flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening like for a pie dough. Add milk and mix until it forms a dough ball and chill. While it's chilling cook ground beef and minced garlic. Add oregano and cumin, and drain off the fat. Pat the dough out onto a pizza pan. Spread a can of refried beans over the dough, followed by the ground beef. Scatter a small can of diced chilies over that, followed by some diced green onions. Pour a bottle of taco sauce over everything. Finish with cheese to cover - I use a mix of Cheddar and Monterey Jack. Into the oven for 20 minutes. Cut into slices and enjoy with a cold cervezca.

• Like 2

Cooking anything special for the game?

I'm making Mexican Pizza. Flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening like for a pie dough. Add milk and mix until it forms a dough ball and chill. While it's chilling cook ground beef and minced garlic. Add oregano and cumin, and drain off the fat. Pat the dough out onto a pizza pan. Spread a can of refried beans over the dough, followed by the ground beef. Scatter a small can of diced chilies over that, followed by some diced green onions. Pour a bottle of taco sauce over everything. Finish with cheese to cover - I use a mix of Cheddar and Monterey Jack. Into the oven for 20 minutes. Cut into slices and enjoy with a cold cervezca.

That sounds delicious! We have stuff for homemade burritos but I might hijack some of it and try your recipe!

whatever pizza hut delivers.

hey the kid is paying for it and said he share so what the hell...

edit: just finished my portion of the doughy gluten bomb. is it against their corporate policy to put sauce on their pizzas? ugh...feel like i ate a loaf of bread.

Edited by HemiBeers