#1 pjbear05

pjbear05

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1716 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

Cooking anything special for the game?  
I'm making Mexican Pizza. Flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.  Cut in shortening like for a pie dough.  Add milk and mix until it forms a dough ball and chill.  While it's chilling cook ground beef and minced garlic.  Add oregano and cumin, and drain off the fat.  Pat the dough out onto a pizza pan.  Spread a can of refried beans over the dough, followed by the ground beef.  Scatter a small can of diced chilies over that, followed by some diced green onions.  Pour a bottle of taco sauce over everything.  Finish with cheese to cover - I use a mix of Cheddar and Monterey Jack.  Into the oven for 20 minutes.  Cut into slices and enjoy with a cold cervezca.

Sponsored Post

#2 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 6392 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:41 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 03 February 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

Cooking anything special for the game?  
I'm making Mexican Pizza. Flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.  Cut in shortening like for a pie dough.  Add milk and mix until it forms a dough ball and chill.  While it's chilling cook ground beef and minced garlic.  Add oregano and cumin, and drain off the fat.  Pat the dough out onto a pizza pan.  Spread a can of refried beans over the dough, followed by the ground beef.  Scatter a small can of diced chilies over that, followed by some diced green onions.  Pour a bottle of taco sauce over everything.  Finish with cheese to cover - I use a mix of Cheddar and Monterey Jack.  Into the oven for 20 minutes.  Cut into slices and enjoy with a cold cervezca.
That sounds delicious!  We have stuff for homemade burritos but I might hijack some of it and try your recipe!

#3 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 4079 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

whatever pizza hut delivers.

hey the kid is paying for it and said he share so what the hell...

edit: just finished my portion of the doughy gluten bomb. is it against their corporate policy to put sauce on their pizzas? ugh...feel like i ate a loaf of bread.

Edited by HemiBeers, 04 February 2018 - 06:05 PM.

#4 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4313 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

I was going to heat up some mini tacos I got from Costco but they are in a freezer in the garage and I completely forgot about them. Oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users