Poll: The atmosphere at the 16th at Scottsdale TPC, do you like it?

laughedatbytime

16th at Scottsdale TPC  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the atmosphere at the 16th at the Scottsdale TPC?

• Yes, it should be that way everywhere on Tour
    • Yes, it's a nice change of pace but it should be limited to that one hole
    • No, this type of fan behavior has no place in golf

Votes are public.

My vote is a resounding no. I don't enjoy it and think it's obnoxious. I know that much worse things are done in other sports, and I wouldn't mind it so much if it was just limited to that one hole at that one course; it's not like players don't know what they're getting into and they can pretty easily avoid the tournament if they don't like it.

But the problem is that it seems to have emboldened other blowhard fans at other tournaments (well, maybe not the Masters) to constantly yell at the top of their lungs as they can at other places such inanities as "you da man" (though I haven't noticed that as much lately) or "get in the hole" a millisecond after contact.

Just shut up. Nobody wants to hear that. Or do they? I guess that's what this poll is all about. I know I certainly don't.

• Like 1

I voted no. To quote an old teacher, "There are certain conventions we follow in civil society; without them we are animals." (although she was probably talking about hall passes!) Who wants a golf tournament to be like the Tour de France with yelling, cowbell and before you know it, those foam fingers?? :LOL: