Kino (UK band)

Rod in Toronto

I´m curious to find out how many here have heard Kino, a band with It Bites´ guitarrist John Mitchell and Marillion´s bass player Pete Trewavas. They issued their first album in 2005, and are now back with their sophomore album, "Radio Voltaire". They sound like a perfect balance between It Bites and Marillion, and have a good mix between prog and pop. The first song off the neew album is out:

More info on the new album here:

http://teamrock.com/news/2018-02-02/listen-to-brand-new-kino-track-the-dead-club

• Like 4

I have this on preorder. The first album was released at a time I wasn't into much prog, I'll probably check it out sometime. Been heavy into Mitchell's most recent stuff (Lonely Robot, Frost).

One of the greatest side bands in the land.

I have two of the rare digi-pack versions of there first masterpiece.

As a matter of fact I have been blessed enough to actually meet Pete a few times and talk to him on the phone.

Yep!

Name dropping.

Not in a good mood tonight. Tired of people on here ripping me for my love of music's past.

Anyway

The first KINO record is amazing.

Thank you Rod.

You are a real friend on here.

I had no idea about a sophomore release.

I will get it pronto.

Goodnight.

• Like 1

As a matter of fact I have been blessed enough to actually meet Pete a few times and talk to him on the phone.

Yep!

Name dropping.

Not in a good mood tonight. Tired of people on here ripping me for my love of music's past.

Anyway

Thank you Rod.

I will get it pronto.

Goodnight.

Honestly? I would love more of your older bands mentioned. Start a thread like me and Mick just for you and others to chat about old school stuff.

• Like 1

Yep!

Name dropping.

Anyway

Thank you Rod.

I will get it pronto.

Goodnight.

Honestly? I would love more of your older bands mentioned. Start a thread like me and Mick just for you and others to chat about old school stuff.

Haha! I never thought about that Myles. I might just do this! I just don't want some to think that I'm some lame egoist. I really am not. I just like to have a good time on here and talk about Rush N Rock and everything music. I just have no filter. I mean I am strange. Right now I'm listening to Gordon Lightfoot. Love him.

Haha! I never thought about that Myles. I might just do this! I just don't want some to think that I'm some lame egoist. I really am not. I just like to have a good time on here and talk about Rush N Rock and everything music. I just have no filter. I mean I am strange. Right now I'm listening to Gordon Lightfoot. Love him.

I'm not sure how useful the 427 page thread has become. Does anyone actually read all 427 pages to see what you think? I don't even click on it, fwiw.

So far so good with Radio Voltaire. It's not connecting quite as quickly as Big Dream or Falling Satellites. A couple of the heavier tracks have caught my ear, but need some more listens.