Jump to content


Super Bowl LII Thread


  • Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: Super Bowl LII (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you want to win?

  1. The New England Patriots (10 votes [35.71%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 35.71%

  2. The Philadelphia Eagles (18 votes [64.29%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 64.29%

Who do you expect to win?

  1. The New England Patriots (17 votes [60.71%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 60.71%

  2. The Philadelphia Eagles (11 votes [39.29%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 39.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 57609 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:41 PM

I'll say that for this Super Bowl they should have ditched the Roman Numerals.  LII just sucks.

Sponsored Post

#42 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

    Testing the Fences

  • Members *
  • 17517 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:43 PM

View Postg under p, on 03 February 2018 - 04:33 AM, said:

View PostCrimsonmistymemory, on 02 February 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

View PostHemiBeers, on 01 February 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Posted Image
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
  ^THIS!^
:LMAO:
Personally I can't stand either team! The Pats have been there too many times and it would be nice to see other teams other than the Pats represent the AFC (seems like) every year :P
Eagles fans guise their fandom as passion but in reality they are some of the most obnoxious fans in the world!
So I am not rooting for the Pats to win as much as I am rooting for the Eagles to lose. It would be so nice to be able to say to some of my eagles fan buddies ( who constantly talk crap about my team (even though my team makes it quite easy for one to do so )) Well at least my team made it to the Superbowl one time and won & not made it there 3 times and lost!. Other than that I will be mainly enjoying cooking (& eating) yumyums enjoying Americas most popular "unofficial Holiday" and trying to remind myself this is the one time of the year I do want to watch the commercials :lol: Even though most reports are indicating it's going to be lackluster this year. Oh and another trend that I am not enamored with is all this hype previewing the ads! I mean is this going to turn into like when stores start putting Christmas stuff out before it's even Halloween? It's ridiculous!!! Oh I will also be adding to the statistic that the Monday after the Superbowl is the most missed day of work in the USA! Tuesday is my 54th birthday so it is going to be a nice long weekend for me :yay:
Go Puppy Bowl!!! :P

Actually in my store we start a trickle of Christmas items in AUGUST. When I first saw this I thought corporate management had lost their minds but I've come to find out it's the norm...my club is BJS. THAT said this year I'm actually going to watch the game unlike last year I didn't watch it at all.
We have a store here that specializes in Christmas all year long ( http://www.robertscw.com/ ). It is great for an instant Christmas fix if you need one, and that is fine with me. But rushing things :finbar: is like putting more emphasis on the hype than the actual event what ever it may be.
GO Snacks 'N'Such!  :D

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 03 February 2018 - 11:43 PM.


#43 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 31976 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:48 AM

"WHERE EAGLES DARE!"

Love,

IRON MAIDEN


F YOU TERRIFIC TOM AND BELLICHEAT!  GO EAGLES!

#44 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 31976 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:49 AM

View Postgoose, on 03 February 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

I'll say that for this Super Bowl they should have ditched the Roman Numerals.  LII just sucks.

So dumb.

I agree.

Looks like "Lil" Super Bowl.

Pass the bowl if Tom Brady wins another one and I don't even smoke that shit.

#45 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 31976 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:54 AM

View Postgoose, on 03 February 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

I'll say that for this Super Bowl they should have ditched the Roman Numerals.  LII just sucks.

Man too bad we will all be dead and I am sure the way things are going now for the "NOT FOR LONG" league the NFL will be out of business in 30 years.

That being said wouldn't it be cool to watch Super Bowl DCLXVI.

Yup!

Of course!

Leave it to me!  Super Bowl 666!  Iron Maiden could have done the half time show!!

Too bad everyone alive now will look like Eddie by then!  LOL!

Poltergeist anyone?

#46 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 31976 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:56 AM

Not even sure the earth will be around thanks to stupid humans by the year 2112.
But could you imagine if Neil was wrong and we were all immortal?

Rush could play the halftime show at Super Bowl MMCX!!!

Could you imagine?

I can!

Signed,

"DAWN OF THE DEAD"

#47 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 62222 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:27 AM

View Postgoose, on 01 February 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 01 February 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 31 January 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 30 January 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

With Super Bowl hype in full swing, it's probably time to get this thread up and running.

I'm guessing no more than 5 votes for the Patriots on the "want" question.
Well, there's 9 so far, including mine.  

Posted Image

I'm actually stunned by that.
Posted Image

f**k you all,

Love,

Lerxt.

#48 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 62222 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:28 AM

View PostCrimsonmistymemory, on 02 February 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

View PostHemiBeers, on 01 February 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Posted Image
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
  ^THIS!^
:LMAO:
Personally I can't stand either team! The Pats have been there too many times and it would be nice to see other teams other than the Pats represent the AFC (seems like) every year :P
Eagles fans guise their fandom as passion but in reality they are some of the most obnoxious fans in the world!
So I am not rooting for the Pats to win as much as I am rooting for the Eagles to lose. It would be so nice to be able to say to some of my eagles fan buddies ( who constantly talk crap about my team (even though my team makes it quite easy for one to do so )) Well at least my team made it to the Superbowl one time and won & not made it there 3 times and lost!. Other than that I will be mainly enjoying cooking (& eating) yumyums enjoying Americas most popular "unofficial Holiday" and trying to remind myself this is the one time of the year I do want to watch the commercials :lol: Even though most reports are indicating it's going to be lackluster this year. Oh and another trend that I am not enamored with is all this hype previewing the ads! I mean is this going to turn into like when stores start putting Christmas stuff out before it's even Halloween? It's ridiculous!!! Oh I will also be adding to the statistic that the Monday after the Superbowl is the most missed day of work in the USA! Tuesday is my 54th birthday so it is going to be a nice long weekend for me :yay:
Go Puppy Bowl!!! :P

Obnoxious?  F-ck you.  lol.  Typical anti-Philadelphia nonsense.  Hahahaaa.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!

#49 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 62222 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

View Postgoose, on 31 January 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 30 January 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

With Super Bowl hype in full swing, it's probably time to get this thread up and running.

I'm guessing no more than 5 votes for the Patriots on the "want" question.
Well, there's 9 so far, including mine.  

Posted Image

View PostHemiBeers, on 01 February 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Posted Image

Talk shit?  Hey f-ck you!  BAHAHAHAAAAA

#50 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 23409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

Brady is the MVP.

Cheaters.  lol.

#51 Blue J

Blue J

    Official SOCN Designated Driver

  • Members *
  • 17886 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

Eagles all the way- I’d love to see them win after having it McNabbed from them the last time around.

I’d also love to see Brady lose another Super Bowl, so an Eagles win would be doubly delicious.

#52 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1864 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 04 February 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

"WHERE EAGLES DARE!"

Love,

IRON MAIDEN


F YOU TERRIFIC TOM AND BELLICHEAT!  GO EAGLES!
Today's Sun Sentinel had an article saying a Pat's win might also win over all the disgruntled haters.

Uh uh, not gonna f***in happen.  GO EAGLES!

#53 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 23409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

My dad is coming over to watch the game today.  It's a lot of fun to watch the game with him and my son.  My 14 year old son has no real concept of the Patriots NOT winning games like this.  My 82 year old dad has too much experience watching them be stumblebums to ever enjoy the game, he just waits for them to collapse, even after all the success of the the last 16 seasons.  So when they go 3 and out on the first series, he announces, "this game is over."  When they're down 28-3 late in the third quarter, my son still says, "I think they still got this."  

GO PATS!

#54 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 62222 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 04 February 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

Brady is the MVP.

Cheaters.  lol.

Is he actually gonna f-ck his dad on the field if they win?  ;)

#55 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 62222 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 04 February 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

My dad is coming over to watch the game today.  It's a lot of fun to watch the game with him and my son.  My 14 year old son has no real concept of the Patriots NOT winning games like this.  My 82 year old dad has too much experience watching them be stumblebums to ever enjoy the game, he just waits for them to collapse, even after all the success of the the last 16 seasons.  So when they go 3 and out on the first series, he announces, "this game is over."  When they're down 28-3 late in the third quarter, my son still says, "I think they still got this."  

GO PATS!

That's really awesome!  Enjoy the game!!!  Go Iggles!  My lack of confidence and heuristic models full of empirical data of losing will not allow me to even make a friendly bet with you :(

#56 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 23409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

View Postlerxt1990, on 04 February 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 04 February 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

Brady is the MVP.

Cheaters.  lol.

Is he actually gonna f-ck his dad on the field if they win?  ;)

LOL.   Made me think of that scene from European Vacation:  



#57 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 23409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

View Postlerxt1990, on 04 February 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 04 February 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

My dad is coming over to watch the game today.  It's a lot of fun to watch the game with him and my son.  My 14 year old son has no real concept of the Patriots NOT winning games like this.  My 82 year old dad has too much experience watching them be stumblebums to ever enjoy the game, he just waits for them to collapse, even after all the success of the the last 16 seasons.  So when they go 3 and out on the first series, he announces, "this game is over."  When they're down 28-3 late in the third quarter, my son still says, "I think they still got this."  

GO PATS!

That's really awesome!  Enjoy the game!!!  Go Iggles!  My lack of confidence and heuristic models full of empirical data of losing will not allow me to even make a friendly bet with you :(

Haha.  It's OK.  I've got enough experience like my dad's to not be comfortable taking it.  :)

#58 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 62222 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 04 February 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

View Postlerxt1990, on 04 February 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 04 February 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

Brady is the MVP.

Cheaters.  lol.

Is he actually gonna f-ck his dad on the field if they win?  ;)

LOL.   Made me think of that scene from European Vacation:  



Thats an average movie with about 5-10 hysterical scenes and thats one of them!!!  Love it.

#59 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 62222 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

See this?



HAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#60 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4908 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:55 PM

Often the best part of any skit is when 1 of the participants is trying very hard to not completely lose it as Pete Davidson was in that.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users