Jump to content


Kansas vs Blue Oyster Cult - someone made a poll earlier, now I'm going to extend that poll

to hell with goodhell KANSAS kerry livgren steve walsh rich williams phil ehart

  • Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Poll: KANSAS vs Blue Oyster Cult - Who do you like more? Who is the better band? (47 member(s) have cast votes)

KANSAS vs Blue Oyster cult - Who is better? Who have the better albums and songs?

  1. KANSAS - They're way, way better (21 votes [44.68%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 44.68%

  2. Blue Oyster Cult - They're superior (21 votes [44.68%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 44.68%

  3. This is a draw for me, I can't split them (4 votes [8.51%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.51%

  4. I don't like either band but I'll vote for Blue Oyster Cult because I hate them less (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  5. I hate both but I'll vote for Kansas they have slightly better songs and more talent (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  6. I don't care about either band I'm only in the thread because I'm bored (1 votes [2.13%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.13%

  7. I don't know much about either band (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  8. I haven't listened to these two bands as yet (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 04 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 31 January 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

17-15 BOC BABY!
It's a fluke poll score Earl with about five lobotomized vegetables and a couple of cadavers among the BOC voters.

Hahahaha!

Yet BOC still leads 17-16!

Veteran Of The Psychotic Wars

Sponsored Post

#62 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:36 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 February 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 04 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 31 January 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

17-15 BOC BABY!
It's a fluke poll score Earl with about five lobotomized vegetables and a couple of cadavers among the BOC voters.

Hahahaha!

Yet BOC still leads 17-16!

Veteran Of The Psychotic Wars
Aye!

#63 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:14 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 05 February 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 February 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 04 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 31 January 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

17-15 BOC BABY!
It's a fluke poll score Earl with about five lobotomized vegetables and a couple of cadavers among the BOC voters.

Hahahaha!

Yet BOC still leads 17-16!

Veteran Of The Psychotic Wars
Aye!

HAHAHA!

Talk about a FIX!

17-17

#64 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:25 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 February 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 05 February 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 February 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 04 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 31 January 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

17-15 BOC BABY!
It's a fluke poll score Earl with about five lobotomized vegetables and a couple of cadavers among the BOC voters.

Hahahaha!

Yet BOC still leads 17-16!

Veteran Of The Psychotic Wars
Aye!

HAHAHA!

Talk about a FIX!

17-17
Now who's reached the Point of Know Return Earl?

#65 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:43 PM

It's dead even at 18-18!

#66 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:53 AM

Incredible.

I'm fine with a tie.

#67 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:58 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

Incredible.

I'm fine with a tie.
It might not be over yet, every time this is thread is bumped some sneak jumps in and votes!

#68 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:11 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 05 March 2018 - 12:58 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

Incredible.

I'm fine with a tie.
It might not be over yet, every time this is thread is bumped some sneak jumps in and votes!

Sneaky little bastards.  No Poll is ever safe here!

#69 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:30 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 05 March 2018 - 12:58 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

Incredible.

I'm fine with a tie.
It might not be over yet, every time this is thread is bumped some sneak jumps in and votes!

Sneaky little bastards.  No Poll is ever safe here!
Aye!

#70 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 34223 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:33 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 05 March 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 05 March 2018 - 12:58 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

Incredible.

I'm fine with a tie.
It might not be over yet, every time this is thread is bumped some sneak jumps in and votes!

Sneaky little bastards.  No Poll is ever safe here!
Aye!

BOC is lucky to be in a tie!

#71 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:44 AM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 05 March 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 05 March 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 05 March 2018 - 12:58 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

Incredible.

I'm fine with a tie.
It might not be over yet, every time this is thread is bumped some sneak jumps in and votes!

Sneaky little bastards.  No Poll is ever safe here!
Aye!

BOC is lucky to be in a tie!


HAHAHA!

Yo 73!!!

You Kansas Lover!!

BLUE OYSTER CULT RULES!

Rub my Soft White Underbelly Mr. "Monolith!"

Throw the old "Leftoverture" into the garbage and get "In Thee!"

Love,

"THE VIGIL"  :P

Edited by RUSHHEAD666, 05 March 2018 - 01:45 AM.


#72 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:47 AM

73!

You are from New York!
You can't even back the greatest band to ever come out of your state?  LOL!

Love,

"The Golden Age Of Leather"

#73 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:48 AM

ZILLAGOD!

#74 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:49 AM

For BOC to tie KANSAS.  Yes.

This Forum is a lot more smarter than I ever thought!  LOL!

18 BOC fans from around the world get it.

Amen.

ASTRONOMY WORKS!

#75 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:54 AM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 05 March 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 05 March 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 05 March 2018 - 12:58 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

Incredible.

I'm fine with a tie.
It might not be over yet, every time this is thread is bumped some sneak jumps in and votes!

Sneaky little bastards.  No Poll is ever safe here!
Aye!

BOC is lucky to be in a tie!
Aye!

#76 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:54 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 01:49 AM, said:

For BOC to tie KANSAS.  Yes.

This Forum is a lot more smarter than I ever thought!  LOL!

18 BOC fans from around the world get it.

Amen.

ASTRONOMY WORKS!
They're crazy Earl!

#77 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:55 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 01:47 AM, said:

73!

You are from New York!
You can't even back the greatest band to ever come out of your state?  LOL!

Love,

"The Golden Age Of Leather"
I was thinking about that fact.

#78 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 34223 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:07 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 01:47 AM, said:

73!

You are from New York!
You can't even back the greatest band to ever come out of your state?  LOL!

Love,

"The Golden Age Of Leather"

I saw BOC in a club in NY, under the name Soft White Underbelly, of course. Great show!

(Kansas is still better!)

#79 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:44 AM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 05 March 2018 - 02:07 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 01:47 AM, said:

73!

You are from New York!
You can't even back the greatest band to ever come out of your state?  LOL!

Love,

"The Golden Age Of Leather"

I saw BOC in a club in NY, under the name Soft White Underbelly, of course. Great show!

(Kansas is still better!)

Haha!  

Ok, I know I do love both.  Just BOC more.  

I am very jealous.  I have never seen BOC perform under Soft White Underbelly.  However I do make sure I see BOC once a year.

73!

I had a chance to see KANSAS in San Jose.  I chose to see UTOPIA instead.  Both bands are playing on the same night.

I've seen KANSAS.  Never seen 70's UTOPIA.

As I do adore KANSAS more, I figured this UTOPIA show is a rarer moment in musical time.

Cheers!

#80 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32266 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:53 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 05 March 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 01:49 AM, said:

For BOC to tie KANSAS.  Yes.

This Forum is a lot more smarter than I ever thought!  LOL!

18 BOC fans from around the world get it.

Amen.

ASTRONOMY WORKS!
They're crazy Earl!

Well you know I'm crazy Pat!!!

You know I love KANSAS!

But for my ears and my passion and how I was raised as a child it was always BOC first!!!

I remember sneaking out to my family room in Walnut Creek when I was a little boy to see some Midnight Show Live on TV!  It was BOC!!!!  I loved the "Godzilla" tune live!  It blew my young mind.  This was before I even knew about RUSH.  I think!
I don't know.
BOC is simply more hard rock. metal and melodic rock.  As a kid I never liked the violin or the sax in my prog or my rock.  Sorry.
It's how I was raised, and I found all of my music on my own.
My parents knew some big wig at CBS Records in the early 80's so my dad was given 100s of lps for free.  My parents liked music but didn't care.
For my young brain I was like a little kid in a rock and roll ear candy store!

I would spend hours and hours everyday listening to records.

I remember when I was little boy I picked up ELP's Brain Salad Surgery out of the crop just because the art looked cool.  Die Cut sleeve.  Giger art.  (figures I fell in love with ALIEN later)

But wow!  ELP blew my little mind away!!!

Its all how wet are raised I think.  Influenced.  

I could write a book, but no one would buy it so instead I write on here.  LOL!!

Right now I am watching "Mamma Mia" the movie version.

I love ABBA.

Am I strange?

ABBA TO ZZ TOP

It's how you are brought up perhaps!

Love it all!


Carry On My Wayward Sons And Daughters!





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: to hell with goodhell, KANSAS, kerry livgren, steve walsh, rich williams, phil ehart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users