Fates Warning Or "Hates" Warning! Which Is It????

RUSHHEAD666

I'll Take "The Warning" Any Day Over Anything Fates Warning Has Ever Done.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Into Fates Warning Or "Hates" Warning? Do We See "Eye 2 Eye?"

• I Love Fates Warning!
    • I Think This Band Is A Queensryche Rip Off Prog Band! No Thanks!

I really like this band but man, I put on "Parallels" remaster tonight. Not really feeling it. Like Triumph is to Rush, it seems to my ears that Fates Warning is to Queensryche.

Always the bride's maid, never the bride like Rush and the Ryche.

What do you think????

I don't "hate" this band, I just used that to find a rhyme.

That's how I roll beyotches........

They're ok but I find the big weakness for is vocal melodies which aren't very melodic and very meandering, no matter who the vocalist is. Queensryche never had this problem, until Tate used up his talent and turned vest model.
  • Like 2

They're ok but I find the big weakness for is vocal melodies which aren't very melodic and very meandering, no matter who the vocalist is. Queensryche never had this problem, until Tate used up his talent and turned vest model.

Hahaha! Well stated mate! You are spot on.

Tate was my top three vocalist of all time until I had to witness the "Promised Land" Tour. The fuckking stupid bar scene play on stage and then "Taint" had to break out the sax and do some lame ass solo.

He's worse than a vest model. His EGO makes Trump look like Mother Teresa.

Tate was my top three vocalist of all time until I had to witness the "Promised Land" Tour. The fuckking stupid bar scene play on stage and then "Taint" had to break out the sax and do some lame ass solo.

I think Tate wants to be David Bowie, he likes the idea of being as important to pop fans like Bowie is. He's been trying to dress like a fashion pioneer but he looks more like a guy who dresses in the dark. And playing the sax is the final piece in the puzzle only he plays it like donkey farts. There's one other problem with all this Tate is a heavy metal singer, not a pop chameleon genius.

I think Tate wants to be David Bowie, he likes the idea of being as important to pop fans like Bowie is. He's been trying to dress like a fashion pioneer but he looks more like a guy who dresses in the dark. And playing the sax is the final piece in the puzzle only he plays it like donkey farts. There's one other problem with all this Tate is a heavy metal singer, not a pop chameleon genius.

Jesus Pat, then what you are saying here instantly made me think of Joe Elliott. He was another singer that started out with METAL in his veins who turned into a glam pop diva in the end as well. SO LAME!

FUCKK THEM!

Give me Bowie and some New York Dolls any day over those posers.

• Like 2

Jesus Pat, then what you are saying here instantly made me think of Joe Elliott. He was another singer that started out with METAL in his veins who turned into a glam pop diva in the end as well. SO LAME!

FUCKK THEM!

Yeah that's what I'd say if Joe Elliot said he preferred to be known as an important pop singer than a metal vocalist. I'd say I'd rather listen to real pop singers like Bowie rather than a tool who's too scared to call himself a heavy metal singer anymore because it might ruin his new rep with his pansy buddies in Beverly Hills. :16ton:

• Like 1

FUCKK THEM!

Yeah that's what I'd say if Joe Elliot said he preferred to be known as an important pop singer than a metal vocalist. I'd say I'd rather listen to real pop singers like Bowie rather than a tool who's too scared to call himself a heavy metal singer anymore because it might ruin his new rep with his pansy buddies in Beverly Hills. :16ton:

Absolutely mate.

Def Leppard was hailed as a band from the NWOHM genre!!

Glam Pop????

UGH!

Yep! They are now!!! SUCKS!

Vivian Campbell makes me sick too. A one time Guitar God. Now a pop poser collecting a fuckking check so he can live in Beverly Hills!

WANKER

• Like 2

FUCKK THEM!

Absolutely mate.

Glam Pop????

UGH!

Vivian Campbell makes me sick too. A one time Guitar God. Now a pop poser collecting a fuckking check so he can live in Beverly Hills!

WANKER

Aye!

Campbell got scared into Def Leppard after getting ripped by Coverdale for posing when he was in Whitesnake!

• Like 1

FUCKK THEM!

Absolutely mate.

Glam Pop????

UGH!

WANKER

Aye!

Campbell got scared into Def Leppard after getting ripped by Coverdale for posing when he was in Whitesnake!

Hahaha!

Aye Mate!

Also!

FUKK VIVIAN CAMPBELL for ripping on the late great Ronnie James Dio!!!!!

Vivian also ripped about the Dio Disciples band for going out on tour a few months after Ronnie passed.

But then the hypocrite Vivian decided to join the Dio Disciples on their tour and jam with them during a few shows!!

FUKK VIVIAN CAMPBELL!!!

You can keep the LAST IN LINE cd Pat.

I have a meet and greet to see the Last In Line in San Jose.

I also have a ticket to see them live in Sacramento at the Holy Diver! Really! That's the club's name!

I really want to go but I may light my tickets on fire instead.

I've already met Vinnie Appice once. He's a goofy mother fukker. Like me. Great guy. Crazy.

• Like 2

FUCKK THEM!

Absolutely mate.

Glam Pop????

UGH!

WANKER

Aye!

Hahaha!

Aye Mate!

Also!

FUKK VIVIAN CAMPBELL for ripping on the late great Ronnie James Dio!!!!!

Vivian also ripped about the Dio Disciples band for going out on tour a few months after Ronnie passed.

But then the hypocrite Vivian decided to join the Dio Disciples on their tour and jam with them during a few shows!!

FUKK VIVIAN CAMPBELL!!!

You can keep the LAST IN LINE cd Pat.

I have a meet and greet to see the Last In Line in San Jose.

I also have a ticket to see them live in Sacramento at the Holy Diver! Really! That's the club's name!

I really want to go but I may light my tickets on fire instead.

I've already met Vinnie Appice once. He's a goofy mother fukker. Like me. Great guy. Crazy.

There's a new Last in Line CD coming out soon, May I think. Phil Sousan has replaced Jimmy Bain RIP on bass.

Night On Brocken and Awaken The Guardian are enjoyable enough ... I don't even know who is still in the band, but their recent stuff is unlistenable for me ..

I'll take a generic 80s metal band over a generic 10s band anyways, any day

• Like 1

Night On Brocken and Awaken The Guardian are enjoyable enough ... I don't even know who is still in the band, but their recent stuff is unlistenable for me ..

Just give me Queensryche until Chris left the band.

DONE!

Fate's Warning actually says it all about this band.

I saw them live once at the Concord Pavilion.

I decided to grab a beer and take a leak instead of watch them.

Drummer is solid.

That's about it

• Like 1

Fates Warning rules!!! I saw them live twice: in São Paulo with Mike Portnoy on drums, and last year here in Toronto with Bobby Jarzombeck. I wish I'd seen them with Mark Zonder though. But I love Parallels/Perfect Symmetry/Inside Out, and A Pleasant Shade of Grey to a lesser extent. Their most recent album is great too.
  • Like 3

I absolutely love Fates Warning. One of the most consistent bands of the progressive metal genre, without the absolute cheese. I still prefer Queensrÿche with Geoff and Chris overall, but Fates are more purely metal anyway.

They have one of the best live albums with Still Life, and their "reunion" album with John Arch under the Arch/Matheos name is one of the best modern progressive metal albums out there. Technical, heavy, but tight and concise at the same time. A lot of bands in the genre should listen to that album and learn to trim their own fat.

• Like 2

You should check out the Arch/Matheos album.

Just give me Queensryche until Chris left the band.

DONE!

Fate's Warning actually says it all about this band.

I saw them live once at the Concord Pavilion.

I decided to grab a beer and take a leak instead of watch them.

Drummer is solid.

That's about it

Who, Fates or QR?

Did I ever tell you about the time I saw QR in London on rhe Promised Land tour?

FUCKK THEM!

Those first 3 albums are great. Hysteria and Adrenalize are solid.