Jump to content


Ski Legend Warren Miller Rides the Great Final Lift

RIP Film Legend

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 55539 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

:D-13:

Ski film legend Warren Miller has passed on, at 93.  Miller's films are a ski industry tradition, with the release of his new films recognized as a kickoff to each new season.  They also serve as a great record of the evolution of skiing/boarding over the decades.



Sponsored Post

#2 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 55539 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:59 AM

Warren is also known for capturing the goofier side of snow sports...



#3 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 6394 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

I just saw this this morning.  :(    R.I.P.  Warren.   :rose:   We lived in Colorado for a number of years and he and his son used to come to town every fall with that year's latest ski movie; lots of fun!  He'll be missed.

#4 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 80822 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

:rose:

#5 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

    The Dream Police

  • Members
  • 42237 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Down on Fascination Street
  • Interests:Pearl Thompson, Perry Bamonte, my girlfriend Mary whom is my Cure.

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

:( :rose:

#6 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6341 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:




    The Musical Box w/TRF CAT3 - Feb ***
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Leo Kottke - Apr
    Dead & Co. - June
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

Spent MANY MANY MANY apres ski happy hours drinking beer ( duh ) and watching Warren Miller films.  RIP

Edited by custom55, 26 January 2018 - 07:35 PM.


#7 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 55539 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:58 PM

View Postcustom55, on 26 January 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Spent MANY MANY MANY apres ski happy hours drinking beer ( duh ) and watching Warren Miller films.  RIP
Had a killer day today at Jackson Hole.  there was 7" of fresh at the summit, and I got some first tracks in a couple of bowls.

:D-13:

#8 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6341 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:




    The Musical Box w/TRF CAT3 - Feb ***
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Leo Kottke - Apr
    Dead & Co. - June
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:26 PM

View Postgoose, on 26 January 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

View Postcustom55, on 26 January 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Spent MANY MANY MANY apres ski happy hours drinking beer ( duh ) and watching Warren Miller films.  RIP
Had a killer day today at Jackson Hole.  there was 7" of fresh at the summit, and I got some first tracks in a couple of bowls.

:D-13:

Ah !!! Perfect.

Hard to believe but I had a powder day last week in NJ.   6" and I took out my Fish board.

#9 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 31110 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

View Postgoose, on 26 January 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

:D-13:

Ski film legend Warren Miller has passed on, at 93.  Miller's films are a ski industry tradition, with the release of his new films recognized as a kickoff to each new season.  They also serve as a great record of the evolution of skiing/boarding over the decades.



He is a Legend!!  I love his films!  I've seen most!  RIP!

#10 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 9469 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Skiing is the king of mountain sports and no one documented it better. RIP.

Glad to see that goose and custom are hitting the slopes. Well done boys.

I am having a great winter . The southeast
Is having its best season since i moved back to this shithole from colorado.

Day 17 tmmrw for this telemarking chimp!





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RIP, Film Legend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users