My St. Mary's Gaels Are "ON FIRE!" VAN HALEN! Randy Bennett! "MEN AT WORK!" Aussie Awesomeness! 20-2! F THE ZAGS!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 32160 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:09 PM

BYU TONIGHT!!!!

I'm nervous!

Sponsored Post

#22 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 58205 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:22 AM

Meanwhile, news from my alma mater...

Eastern Washington men’s basketball riding hot streak into Big Sky Tournament

http://www.spokesman...iding-hot-stre/

...Eagles were picked to finish seventh in the Big Sky Conference.
Four months later, EWU heads into this week’s conference tournament as a trendy pick to win it all – mostly because the Eagles are, well, trending.
Since suffering their only back-to-back Big Sky losses of the year, to Portland State and Idaho, the Eagles (18-13 overall and 13-5 in the conference) have reeled off six straight.
That includes a sweep of the Montana schools, their first road sweep in two years at Weber State and Idaho State, and a convincing final home stand to clinch the No. 3 seed in the 12-team tournament.

#23 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 32160 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:04 PM

View Postgoose, on 06 March 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

Four months later, EWU heads into this week’s conference tournament as a trendy pick to win it all – mostly because the Eagles are, well, trending.
Since suffering their only back-to-back Big Sky losses of the year, to Portland State and Idaho, the Eagles (18-13 overall and 13-5 in the conference) have reeled off six straight.
That includes a sweep of the Montana schools, their first road sweep in two years at Weber State and Idaho State, and a convincing final home stand to clinch the No. 3 seed in the 12-team tournament.

Nice amigo!  

My season is OVER!

#24 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 58205 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 06 March 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

Nice amigo!  

My season is OVER!
Why?  St Mary's still has a good shot to get in.  Check this source...

[Coach] Randy Bennett has more to worry about than merely whether his Saint Mary’s College basketball team will be included when the NCAA tournament field is announced Sunday.
After losing 85-72 to BYU in the semifinals of the West Coast Conference tournament Monday night, the Gaels coach must be wondering how to fix his defense. Saint Mary’s hadn’t allowed so many points to anyone other than Gonzaga in more than seven years.
And then there’s this — the penalty for losing Monday night could be postseason banishment to Detroit.
At least that’s what ESPN’s Joe Lunardi suggested Tuesday. The man who virtually invented the term “bracketology” says the Gaels (28-5) will get good news on Selection Sunday. He projects them as a No. 10 seed, with a first-round matchup against Texas A&M in the Motor City.

https://www.mercuryn...ament-jeopardy/

#25 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 73168 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:33 PM

View Postgoose, on 06 March 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

Nice amigo!  

My season is OVER!

[Coach] Randy Bennett has more to worry about than merely whether his Saint Mary’s College basketball team will be included when the NCAA tournament field is announced Sunday.
After losing 85-72 to BYU in the semifinals of the West Coast Conference tournament Monday night, the Gaels coach must be wondering how to fix his defense. Saint Mary’s hadn’t allowed so many points to anyone other than Gonzaga in more than seven years.
And then there’s this — the penalty for losing Monday night could be postseason banishment to Detroit.
At least that’s what ESPN’s Joe Lunardi suggested Tuesday. The man who virtually invented the term “bracketology” says the Gaels (28-5) will get good news on Selection Sunday. He projects them as a No. 10 seed, with a first-round matchup against Texas A&M in the Motor City.

I would be totally shocked if they DIDN'T get in.

#26 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 58205 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 07 March 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

Nice amigo!  

My season is OVER!

Well, it will come down to major conference teams with bad records making a big run in their tournaments, I think.  The fact that Zags blew out BYU doesn't help.

This guy concurs...

The Gaels are in some trouble after losing to BYU in the WCC semifinals early this week. They may have a gaudy overall record, but nothing else about their résumé jumps out in a good way. In fact, the only other elements that stand out are negative: a strength of schedule barely inside the top 200; two Q1 victories, only one of which came over an at-large quality team; two ugly losses to San Francisco and Washington State. If multiple bubble teams from the power conferences make runs in their tournaments, Saint Mary’s could be left out of the field.

https://www.si.com/c...8-teams-updates

Edited by goose, 07 March 2018 - 07:45 PM.

#27 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 73168 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

View Postgoose, on 07 March 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

Nice amigo!  

My season is OVER!

Well, it will come down to major conference teams with bad records making a big run in their tournaments, I think.  The fact that Zags blew out BYU doesn't help.

This guy concurs...

The Gaels are in some trouble after losing to BYU in the WCC semifinals early this week. They may have a gaudy overall record, but nothing else about their résumé jumps out in a good way. In fact, the only other elements that stand out are negative: a strength of schedule barely inside the top 200; two Q1 victories, only one of which came over an at-large quality team; two ugly losses to San Francisco and Washington State. If multiple bubble teams from the power conferences make runs in their tournaments, Saint Mary’s could be left out of the field.

Q1....uggghh.   The RPI shouldn't be used by anyone hoping to pick the best 36 at large teams.

Did I just imply that that was the goal of the committee?   My bad.

#28 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 58205 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:58 AM

Looking forward to watch some ACC games today, as well as NV in the Mountain West.

#29 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 32160 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

Nice amigo!  

My season is OVER!

This guy concurs...

I'll take a ten seed.

#30 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 32160 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:44 PM

Nice amigo!  

My season is OVER!

This guy concurs...

I know!  Damn ZAGS!!!  They own my soul!!

If the Gaels get bounced on Selection Sunday I would not be surprised.  I'm used to them not making it so I will live.

#31 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 32160 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:31 PM

Nice amigo!  

My season is OVER!

YEP!

Typical St Mary's SNUB!!!  SO PISSED!  Yet so used to it.

Yep!

Always the bride's maid, never the bride.

Story of my fuckking life.

#32 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 73168 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 11 March 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Nice amigo!  

My season is OVER!

YEP!

Yep!

Thats only because the Luddites at the  NCAA are using algorithms from 1985.

Idiots

#33 BenjaminW

BenjaminW

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Playing and listening to music, reading about history, and having a good time talking with other Rush fans.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

I happen to live a couple minutes from Gaels territory and I might as well consider it an option for college. Go Gaels!

#34 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 58205 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:28 PM

Virginia, Kentucky and Arizona stacked in the same group of 8?

#35 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 32160 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:22 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 11 March 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 11 March 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Nice amigo!  

My season is OVER!

YEP!

Yep!

Thats only because the Luddites at the  NCAA are using algorithms from 1985.

Idiots

You are funny!  Thank you for the laugh my friend.  I am not having a very good Sunday.  My Warriors are hurt and are losing again.  My Gaels didn't even make the Dance.  I hate the NIT.  I cold cry.  But I won't.

#36 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 32160 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:25 PM

View PostBenjaminW, on 11 March 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

I happen to live a couple minutes from Gaels territory and I might as well consider it an option for college. Go Gaels!

Ben!

I loved my 2.5 years there at St. Mary's.  I was a transfer student.  Majored in English.
You are so close so that is a total bonus for you!!  You must go!
I lived in Walnut Creek back then.  I even met my beautiful wife back then at St. Mary's and Safeway too.  We both worked there.
Sadly our marriage is over but it was a good 20 year run.
Lot's of great things happen there!  It's a beautiful campus and the professors are awesome!!!!

Hope you go there.

I love my GAELS!!!  

I'm a Gael until I die!

Cheers!!!

#37 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 32160 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:47 PM

It boggles my mind that the Gaels are ranked 25th in the country and get no bid.

Now they get to play in the NIT WIT Tournament.  WEAK!

#38 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 58205 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 13 March 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

It boggles my mind that the Gaels are ranked 25th in the country and get no bid.

Now they get to play in the NIT WIT Tournament.  WEAK!
One of the worst bracket selections overall I can remember.  Some very undeserving teams got the nod.

#39 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 58205 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:05 PM

^^^ My point made tonight, as UCLA falls to St. Bonaventure, who hadn't won since the 70s.  Bonnie doesn't advance vs. USC, Notre Dame or St. Mary's.

#40 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 73168 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:30 AM

View Postgoose, on 13 March 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

^^^ My point made tonight, as UCLA falls to St. Bonaventure, who hadn't won since the 70s.  Bonnie doesn't advance vs. USC, Notre Dame or St. Mary's.
Bob Lanier, mfers!

:haz:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users