Joey Votto = greatness

Syrinx

I was at an indoor baseball practice facility the other day, in the suburbs of Toronto with my son's baseball team. Close to 10 pm at night, one of the greatest players in the game walked in with his bag and proceeded to stretch, throw the ball against the wall, practice fielding ground balls with a machine etc. On his own, 10pm on a dreary January week night. There is a reason he is consistently one of the best players in the game.
  • Like 6

I was at an indoor baseball practice facility the other day, in the suburbs of Toronto with my son's baseball team. Close to 10 pm at night, one of the greatest players in the game walked in with his bag and proceeded to stretch, throw the ball against the wall, practice fielding ground balls with a machine etc. On his own, 10pm on a dreary January week night. There is a reason he is consistently one of the best players in the game.

Probably the most underrated player in MLB....often an afterthought due to playing in Cincinnati. Incredibly underappreciated player

• Like 1

Probably the most underrated player in MLB....often an afterthought due to playing in Cincinnati. Incredibly underappreciated player

Not among anyone who follows the NL Central and knows that the guy never has a bad at bat... But yeah, the guy is underrated nationally. He's THE most feared hitter for me, and the only one close is Goldschmidt.

• Like 2

Not among anyone who follows the NL Central and knows that the guy never has a bad at bat... But yeah, the guy is underrated nationally. He's THE most feared hitter for me, and the only one close is Goldschmidt.

Yeah if there's any hitter I hate playing against it's Votto, Goldy, or Daniel Murphy.

• Like 2

That's cool! I never liked to see him come up when the Pirates were playing Cincinnati- it was usually bad news for Pgh!

• Like 1

One of my better pix from the several Reds-Brewers games I've attended:

ViTrvTl.jpg

That is a fantastic pic PM

Thanks. :) I got 3rd row tix right next to the Brewer dugout down in Cincinnati, and my Canon Rebel telephoto lens did the rest!

I got three shots of Prince Fielder hitting a home run: Start, middle and end of his home run swing. Had them enlarged and framed on my wall. :ebert:

• Like 3

Joey is an awesome guy. I remember seeing him play with the Reds' minor league Dayton team and knew he would be in the majors doing great things. I've met him a few times as well, great dude.
  • Like 1

Joey is an awesome guy. I remember seeing him play with the Reds' minor league Dayton team and knew he would be in the majors doing great things. I've met him a few times as well, great dude.

I also saw him play when he was with the Dayton Dragons, pre-Reds.

• Like 1