Is that how I was at that age? With Rush I wasn’t anyway. I was already hardcore by the time I was 9. I knew all the lyrics, all the trivia, etc. I can’t exactly remember what I actually said about them to classmates though.
A year later as a 5th grader, I was considered cool because I was going to the Signals concert. That might’ve been the last time anyone thought I was cool.
The Signals concert, I'm kinda surprised anyone thought you were cool then.
I love Signals, but it's not exactly their "coolest" album, lol.
Some Rush history in perspective...
- Signals followed Rush’s most well-known album. So naturally, Signals wasn’t considered uncool.
- Subdivisions and Countdown were played like crazy on the still relatively new, immensely popular MTV. All the Moving Pictures hits were still being played on MTV too.
- “Video Killed the Radio Star” was MTV’s first video played but Subdivisions was MTV’s first video played under the later, often used heading “World Premiere Video”. Why can’t I find confirmation of this somewhere online? No idea. My memory is solid.
- There were many Rush fans who were nerds but nobody thought you were uncool BECAUSE you liked Rush. At that time anyway.
- a 5th grader in ‘82-‘83 going to a Rush show? That’s cool baby!
Look how cool I was back in 5th grade! (sitting in the front row, far right)
Great pic JB !!
ok, sitting in the front row, dead center - I guess every school had that one big kid who appeared older and larger than everyone else ... We had that same kid in the 5th too !!!