Jump to content


Synthesized Grace takes on the organic Snakes


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Grace Under Pressure vs Snakes and Arrows (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Which album do you prefer?

  1. Grace Under Pressure (30 votes [81.08%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 81.08%

  2. Snakes and Arrows (7 votes [18.92%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 18.92%

Which track do you like the most?

  1. Distant Early Warning (3 votes [8.11%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.11%

  2. Afterimage (4 votes [10.81%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.81%

  3. Red Sector A (3 votes [8.11%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.11%

  4. The Enemy Within (3 votes [8.11%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.11%

  5. The Body Electric (1 votes [2.70%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.70%

  6. Kid Gloves (1 votes [2.70%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.70%

  7. Red Lenses (1 votes [2.70%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.70%

  8. Between the Wheels (8 votes [21.62%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 21.62%

  9. Far Cry (6 votes [16.22%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 16.22%

  10. Armor and Sword (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  11. Workin’ Them Angels (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  12. The Larger Bowl (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  13. Spindrift (1 votes [2.70%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.70%

  14. The Main Monkey Business (3 votes [8.11%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.11%

  15. The Way the Wind Blows (1 votes [2.70%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.70%

  16. Hope (1 votes [2.70%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.70%

  17. Faithless (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  18. Bravest Face (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  19. Good News First (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  20. Malignant Narcissism (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  21. We Hold On (1 votes [2.70%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.70%

Grade both Grace and Snakes (choose two)

  1. Grace is somewhere between an A- to A+. (19 votes [25.68%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 25.68%

  2. Grace is between a B- to B+. (15 votes [20.27%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 20.27%

  3. Grace is between a C- to C+. (4 votes [5.41%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.41%

  4. Grace is between a D- to D+. (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  5. Grace Under Pressure is an F! (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  6. Snakes is somewhere between an A- to A+. (4 votes [5.41%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.41%

  7. Snakes is between a B- to B+. (16 votes [21.62%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 21.62%

  8. Snakes is between a C- to C+. (11 votes [14.86%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.86%

  9. Snakes is between a D- to D+. (4 votes [5.41%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.41%

  10. Snakes and Arrows is an F! (1 votes [1.35%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 58771 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:12 AM

View Postdiatribein, on 10 April 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

I hate voting anything over Snakes & Arrows because it is so maligned on this forum, but it is going up against my favourite RUSH album here! It's funny though, even though I love every single song on Grace Under Pressure, my top 5 songs of the 21 available would ALL be from Snakes & Arrows. These are two of the best albums in their career.
Snakes suffers from being too long, but pare it down and there's a great album in there.

Sponsored Post

#22 diatribein

diatribein

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 390 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

View Postgoose, on 15 April 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

View Postdiatribein, on 10 April 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

I hate voting anything over Snakes & Arrows because it is so maligned on this forum, but it is going up against my favourite RUSH album here! It's funny though, even though I love every single song on Grace Under Pressure, my top 5 songs of the 21 available would ALL be from Snakes & Arrows. These are two of the best albums in their career.
Snakes suffers from being too long, but pare it down and there's a great album in there.

You say that, but I love some of the songs you would eliminate. It's not too long for me anyway, because I treat it as a 10 track album and ignore the instrumentals.


.

Edited by diatribein, 15 April 2018 - 03:50 PM.


#23 Fridge

Fridge

    The Freezable Fridge™

  • Members *
  • 10104 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:51 AM

I can remember pretty much every second of GUP whereas I have forgotten most of S&A, so it's pretty clear where my allegiance lies....

#24 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 73572 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:39 AM

Snakes should be known as Schroedinger's Rush album

It is and isn't a Far Cry (depending on capitalization) away from being a total waste.

#25 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31792 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:11 AM

View PostFridge, on 21 April 2018 - 03:51 AM, said:

I can remember pretty much every second of GUP whereas I have forgotten most of S&A, so it's pretty clear where my allegiance lies....

I’m trying to forget Spindrift and Bravest Face!

#26 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 73572 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 April 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

View PostFridge, on 21 April 2018 - 03:51 AM, said:

I can remember pretty much every second of GUP whereas I have forgotten most of S&A, so it's pretty clear where my allegiance lies....

I’m trying to forget Spindrift and Bravest Face!
I can reassure you that eventually you will.

And even Good News First, The Way the Wind Blows and The Larger Bowl will be flushed with time.

#27 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 58771 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

View Postdiatribein, on 15 April 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 15 April 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

View Postdiatribein, on 10 April 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

I hate voting anything over Snakes & Arrows because it is so maligned on this forum, but it is going up against my favourite RUSH album here! It's funny though, even though I love every single song on Grace Under Pressure, my top 5 songs of the 21 available would ALL be from Snakes & Arrows. These are two of the best albums in their career.
Snakes suffers from being too long, but pare it down and there's a great album in there.

You say that, but I love some of the songs you would eliminate. It's not too long for me anyway, because I treat it as a 10 track album and ignore the instrumentals.


.
:o

Edited by goose, 22 April 2018 - 05:06 PM.


#28 fraroc

fraroc

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2592 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:45 PM

"Organic" is such a f***ing elitist epithet designed to try and tear down good synthesizer music from the 80s.

Edited by fraroc, 23 April 2018 - 04:45 PM.


#29 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 58771 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

View Postfraroc, on 23 April 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

"Organic" is such a f***ing elitist epithet designed to try and tear down good synthesizer music from the 80s.
:lol:

#30 NewWorldScott

NewWorldScott

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

GUP is probably a Top 5 Rush album for me, so I knew this one right away.

I don't love nor hate S&A. GUP is a little more my speed, I feel.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users