Former JUDAS PRIEST Drummer Dave Holland Dead At 69

Permanent-Rush

Here's an article on Dave Holland

http://rockandrollgarage.com/what-happened-to-judas-priest-ex-drummer-dave-holland/

And here's an article short article and pic on the band he managed and produced ( Shutlanger Sam )

I believe that is Dave in the photo

Take what you will from that

http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/Northamptonshire/Towcester/NN12/News/Local-News/226650-Towcester-Rockschool-Band-Korrozion-Make-Final

It is unfortunate that Mr Holland passed before he had the opportunity to write his autobiography, which, apparently, he had been working on ..

What is most unfortunate is that, if the charges were in fact true, there are victims that will live the rest of their lives with the scars from Dave Holland's actions ...

And if true, at least he is no longer able to victimize anyone else

• Like 2

Good riddance to this piece of scum.

He played on some legendary records but f--- him Attempted rape against a 17 year old boy with learning disabilities! Good for Iommi for deleting the drum tracks on his record.

Honestly, Dave's drumming NEVER impressed me. He was like a British Herman Rarebell. Straight forward time keeper with no pizazz!

R.I.H.

REST IN HELL!

• Like 1

Here's the official Priest statement:

"It is with regret that we hear of the passing of Dave Holland. Despite his actions since working with the band, his time with us was amongst the most productive and successful in the band's career and for that alone he shall be missed."

• Like 1

And K.K. Downing:

"It is with deep regret that I have to accept the sudden and unexpected news that Dave Holland has passed away. Dave was a solid friend in life and solid musician both on the stage and in the studio; I will cherish the many gigs we played together and the albums that we made and I will always be grateful to the indelible contribution that Dave gave to JUDAS PRIEST.

"My sincere condolences to all of Dave's loved ones family and friends and to all of the fans that so much appreciated Dave's musical ability and his life's work.

"R.I.P. Dave."

• Like 1

He played on some legendary records but f--- him Attempted rape against a 17 year old boy with learning disabilities! Good for Iommi for deleting the drum tracks on his record.

Honestly, Dave's drumming NEVER impressed me. He was like a British Herman Rarebell. Straight forward time keeper with no pizazz!

R.I.H.

REST IN HELL!

:16ton:

R.I.H.

REST IN HELL!

I was waiting for your response! LOL!!

Rarebell and Holland aren't that good. Lars is better. LOL!

R.I.H.

REST IN HELL!

Priest clearly should have kept Les Binks.

• Like 2

R.I.H.

REST IN HELL!

Agreed Pat.

However.

Let's face facts.

Judas Priest has their best drummer in all MK FORMATS!

SCOTT TRAVIS!

He fuckking rules. Perfect for the band. I love his double bass work. He kept the "Lighting Strike" of Judas Priest alive back when they could have thrown in the towel! "PAINKILLER" put them back on the MAP OF METAL!

I saw that tour with my best buddy! IT RIPPED THROUGH OUR SOULS!!!!

I told you I got After Party passes for the "British Steel" Album Tour right?

I met Scott.

He was a fuckking dick.

Kind of funny right?

I've met all of my mentor drummers in my life. I am very lucky.

But alas like Neil Peart, Scott also blew me off.

Both did it at the Concord Pavilion too! LOL!

BLESSED!

CURSED!!!!

We all are!

GHOST RULES!

This live album is kicking my ass Pat. INCREDIBLE!

R.I.H.

REST IN HELL!

Agreed Pat.

However.

Let's face facts.

SCOTT TRAVIS!

He fuckking rules. Perfect for the band. I love his double bass work. He kept the "Lighting Strike" of Judas Priest alive back when they could have thrown in the towel! "PAINKILLER" put them back on the MAP OF METAL!

I met Scott.

He was a fuckking dick.

Kind of funny right?

BLESSED!

CURSED!!!!

We all are!

GHOST RULES!

I wonder what his problem was?

Hey on another subject what went wrong with the Scorpions on the Savage Amusement album??

• Like 1

R.I.H.

REST IN HELL!

Agreed Pat.

However.

Let's face facts.

SCOTT TRAVIS!

I met Scott.

He was a fuckking dick.

Kind of funny right?

BLESSED!

CURSED!!!!

We all are!

GHOST RULES!

Hey on another subject what went wrong with the Scorpions on the Savage Amusement album??

Ok so Pat....

I was hanging out backstage with many cool Priest fans. I was with Phil Kennemore RIP and his wife. We were just shooting the shit waiting to meet the band.

I will admit when Scott came up to us he looked stressed out. He said hi to Phil. I said hi to Scott, he just looked at me and split.

Something was obviously wrong.

Whatever. It was still an amazing night Pat. Phil Kennemore and his beautiful wife drove me home that night!!

Y&T "FOREVER" Pat!

I may have been a thorn in Meniketti's side but I love that band.

I can't believe how I musically connect with many on here Pat.

I put on "Savage Amusement" a few weeks ago! The remaster!

Half way through it I had to turn it off!

It's too melodic and overproduced.

It's so clean and so poppy.

It's sadly just an MTV album.

I will always buy a Scorpions record but after "Savage Amusement" this band was FINNISH! Wait they are GERMAN! LOL!!!!!! My ex wife is Finnish. Hell ever we are FINISHED! LOL!

Les Binks is amazing but Pat as you know "Sad Wings Of Destiny" is my favorite Priest record. ALAN MOORE!

It's mine too! I don't think much about the drumming when comparing Priest albums really.

Dude!

I totally agree!

It's not about the drumming in Priest but that's what makes me love Scott Travis in Priest.

I think Scott is the best drummer Rob has had!

I mean dude, I loved RACER X with Paul Gilbert and Travis. So perhaps that's why!!!

Travis has amazing double bass skill.

It's an amazing addition to Priest music.

I love "LIGHTNING STRIKE!"

• Like 1

Les Binks is amazing but Pat as you know "Sad Wings Of Destiny" is my favorite Priest record. ALAN MOORE!

It's mine too! I don't think much about the drumming when comparing Priest albums really.

Dude!

I totally agree!

It's not about the drumming in Priest but that's what makes me love Scott Travis in Priest.

I mean dude, I loved RACER X with Paul Gilbert and Travis. So perhaps that's why!!!

I do like his drumming. Do you prefer him to Simon?

• Like 1

R.I.H.

REST IN HELL!

Agreed Pat.

However.

Let's face facts.

SCOTT TRAVIS!

I met Scott.

He was a fuckking dick.

Kind of funny right?

BLESSED!

CURSED!!!!

We all are!

GHOST RULES!

Ok so Pat....

I was hanging out backstage with many cool Priest fans. I was with Phil Kennemore RIP and his wife. We were just shooting the shit waiting to meet the band.

I will admit when Scott came up to us he looked stressed out. He said hi to Phil. I said hi to Scott, he just looked at me and split.

Something was obviously wrong.

Whatever. It was still an amazing night Pat. Phil Kennemore and his beautiful wife drove me home that night!!

Y&T "FOREVER" Pat!

I may have been a thorn in Meniketti's side but I love that band.

I can't believe how I musically connect with many on here Pat.

I put on "Savage Amusement" a few weeks ago! The remaster!

Half way through it I had to turn it off!

It's too melodic and overproduced.

It's so clean and so poppy.

It's sadly just an MTV album.

I will always buy a Scorpions record but after "Savage Amusement" this band was FINNISH! Wait they are GERMAN! LOL!!!!!! My ex wife is Finnish. Hell ever we are FINISHED! LOL!

The thing I do like about Savage amusement is JABS. I think he's an underrated beast. He's overshadowed by the spectres of Uli Roth and Michael Schenker so he never gets his due. His style is different he's more like Eddie Van Halen than Schenker.

Dude!

I totally agree!

That's extremely interesting that I just learned Scott Travis played in Racer X while Bruce Bouillet was in the band...

• Like 1

Dude!

I totally agree!

That is an amazing question Pat.

Heck NO!

You know my top fiver drummers are:

NEIL PEART

SIMON PHILLIPS

STEWART COPELAND

DAVE WECKL

TIM ALEXANDER

Scott is not even in my top ten.

Sorry mate.

Dude!

I totally agree!

That's extremely interesting that I just learned Scott Travis played in Racer X while Bruce Bouillet was in the band...

Travis is in shape too!

• Like 1

Dude!

I totally agree!

Yes my friend! Excellent METAL Knowledge!!

I have all the Racer X records!!

Dude!

I totally agree!

Heck NO!

NEIL PEART

SIMON PHILLIPS

STEWART COPELAND

DAVE WECKL

TIM ALEXANDER

Sorry mate.

Well you're the one who's bigging him up! I prefer Les Binks! :LOL:

• Like 2

Dude!

I totally agree!

Travis is in shape too!

Yes he is! STUD

• Like 1

Dude!

I totally agree!

Heck NO!

NEIL PEART

SIMON PHILLIPS

STEWART COPELAND

DAVE WECKL

TIM ALEXANDER

Sorry mate.

Well you're the one who's bigging him up! I prefer Les Binks! :LOL:

HAHAHAHA!

Cum on Pat! You know I'm a drummer's whore!

I just think for what it's worth Scott is the perfect fit for the band NOW!

LES RULES!

PRIMUS SUCKS!

LOL!

• Like 1