Slayer farewell tour

Permanent-Rush

Reading between the lines from various interviews it seems Arraya and King don’t much like each other.

I never got the impression that King likes much of anything or anyone.

If I see this tour I would be more interested in seeing LOG, Anthrax and Testament than Slayer. With a lineup like this I don't know how any of the crowd will have any energy left once Slayer takes the stage. Especially when there will be a good portion of them that are north of 40. That's a badass lineup for Slayer to try and follow too.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

It's about time they called it quits. With not only Lombardo gone again, but Jeff having passed away a few years ago, and especially with Tom being so averse to touring on account of wanting to be with his family, the band's really been running on Kerry King's passion for thrash and big head. And I haven't heard anything after Seasons, but I'm told they never really made another great (some say even good) album again. Good for Tom, I hope he lives many more years to enjoy his family life.

Araya is a very old man at this point so yes it's time for the rocking chair.

What about Mustaine who's the same age and Belladonna who's a year older than Tom?

Mustaine and Belladonna still love touring and making awesome new music. Arya is an old Catholic family man tired of pretending he enjoys being on the road for most of the year.

FAREWELL!!!!!

I remember when OZZFEST was in town years ago Judas Priest and Slayer did an off shoot show in Marysville. My buddy and I raced there to see the mighty PRIEST! I remember they played "The Ripper" that night. Was the greatest Priest show I have ever seen so far!!

Anyway, Slayer opened. We waited in the parking lot until that crap was over. Very talented musicians. Not my bag. I do have "Reign In Blood." That's about it.

• Like 2

I saw Slayer twice: on the Christ Illusion Tour, which was insanely good, and sandwiched between Ghost and Maiden in 2013, when they weemed to be on autopilot. They actually played on a Monsters of Rock in Sao Paulo that I went to - headliners, no less, promoting the Diabolus in Musica album. But the bill had Glenn Hughes, Manowar, Savatage, Dream Theater, Saxon and Megadeth. By the time they hit the stage I was so tired that I left without seeing them. Honestly, no regrets there.

With that said, I´ll go see this tour if they make it to Toronto. While Slayer seems to be going through the motions for a long time now, Anthrax is killing it!!! And I´ve seen Lamb of God and Testament live, both put on great shows. Testament, in particular, when I saw them promoting Dark Roots of Earth, was insane!!!!

• Like 2

I saw Slayer twice: on the Christ Illusion Tour, which was insanely good, and sandwiched between Ghost and Maiden in 2013, when they weemed to be on autopilot. They actually played on a Monsters of Rock in Sao Paulo that I went to - headliners, no less, promoting the Diabolus in Musica album. But the bill had Glenn Hughes, Manowar, Savatage, Dream Theater, Saxon and Megadeth. By the time they hit the stage I was so tired that I left without seeing them. Honestly, no regrets there.

With that said, I´ll go see this tour if they make it to Toronto. While Slayer seems to be going through the motions for a long time now, Anthrax is killing it!!! And I´ve seen Lamb of God and Testament live, both put on great shows. Testament, in particular, when I saw them promoting Dark Roots of Earth, was insane!!!!

I'm thinking Ricoh colosseum in Toronto would be a good place for this show. Air Canada centre would be too big of a venue but Ricoh would be perfect.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I'm thinking Ricoh colosseum in Toronto would be a good place for this show. Air Canada centre would be too big of a venue but Ricoh would be perfect.

Great, because I´ve never been there. Dream Theater played here at the Sony Centre, and it was a perfect size for their concert, but way too polished for Slayer, I think.

What about Mustaine who's the same age and Belladonna who's a year older than Tom?

Mustaine and Belladonna still love touring and making awesome new music. Arya is an old Catholic family man tired of pretending he enjoys being on the road for most of the year.

He looks knackered, he looks like Santa Claus and he moves like him. Santa could probably out-play him now too. That's why he's old not his calendar years. Also after the neck injury he can't headbang as he plays anymore, and apparently that was a big thing for him.

• Like 2

He looks knackered, he looks like Santa Claus and he moves like him. Santa could probably out-play him now too. That's why he's old not his calendar years. Also after the neck injury he can't headbang as he plays anymore, and apparently that was a big thing for him.

Hahahahaha! You crack me up mate! More like SATAN CLAUS! LOL!!!!!

• Like 1

Hahahahaha! You crack me up mate! More like SATAN CLAUS! LOL!!!!!

He's also pissed that Petrucci has a bushier beard than him AND his wife!

• Like 2