OldRUSHfan stuff my form of social media tracking...

OldRUSHfan

I'm back to CSI:NY, season 2, when I realized one of the things I like so much about these type of shows. This episode has Carrion Beetles in it and they actually show one actually eating what they eat. TV magic to some extent I'm sure, but too cool, also!

juGSpj8.jpg

Today's deliveries...I bought some 'Saf-T-Pops' and they arrived to day,

FG7gskD.pngSomething else later, I don't know what...to be continued later...It was "EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS" The movie that Lorraine used a .gif of in a post she made this week. I remember looking up the movie since I've been here, but I didn't buy it for some reason. Like I said, I saw it in the sixties on a Horror Flick show for kids...The gentleman who played Sir Graves Ghastly [ Lawson J. Deming] died a little while ago [2007] and I'm one of those die hard Detroit fans from '67 on.

NAGAdFC.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Saw my first Woodpecker of the year today...smaller than the Downey Woodpecker of years before this one. I've HEARD a bigger one the last few weeks, but not in the same tree of the last few years...even the one I saw today was flitting around much younger trees...much quieter also....

5KYuiaJ.png

• Like 1

Saw my first Woodpecker of the year today...smaller than the Downey Woodpecker of years before this one. I've HEARD a bigger one the last few weeks, but not in the same tree of the last few years...even the one I saw today was flitting around much younger trees...much quieter also....

5KYuiaJ.png

:LOL: Not the Morton Downey Woodpecker I hope!

f8e175f5218d24857fe6a7b0996e9cf9.jpg

"On today's show, boobies and idiocy."

hqdefault.jpg

http://thehudsonvalleynewslies.weebly.com/uploads/8/4/4/4/8444794/6042201.jpg?444

RPvB.gif

http://www.mortondowneyjrhome.com/images/photos/albumcover2.jpg

• Like 1

5KYuiaJ.png

:LOL: Not the Morton Downey Woodpecker I hope!

f8e175f5218d24857fe6a7b0996e9cf9.jpg

"On today's show, boobies and idiocy."

hqdefault.jpg

http://thehudsonvalleynewslies.weebly.com/uploads/8/4/4/4/8444794/6042201.jpg?444

RPvB.gif

http://www.mortondowneyjrhome.com/images/photos/albumcover2.jpg

I saw Morton Downey Jr. on an episode of "Tales From The Crypt" back in the '80s one time! Laughed my arse off!

0g7A8yY.gif

I finally saw the Downey Woodpecker earlier this week in the same old tree, but not for long.There has been a larger Woodpecker, probably a yellow shafted Flicker around also, and it's a larger bird, and LOUDER. I've Heard this one the last two years also. It almost sounds mechanical in it's precision...

3o2AlIM.jpgZuOCIfM.jpg

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 4

Got to continue my MST3K type living these last couple of days....watching "Murder, She Wrote" and as a complete turnaround, GREAT WRITING as opposed to "Miami Vice"'s substandard attempt, I'm feeling MUCH better, this show being 'egged on' to continue my 'comments' With a GREAT show!

j2CVBP3.png

• Like 1

Well, since this is a MUSIC BASED BOARD, I'm gonna say anything I want to. [within reason, of course.]

I've been re-arranging my iTunes library, my SYNERGY albums specifically, and now I'm still watching "Murder, She Wrote" and boy am I getting a KICK out of it! I'm not too Thrilled with "Miami Vice" anymore, the writing was abysmal after a couple years..."Diagnosis, Murder" was also a great show from the writing standpoint and acting standpoint too. "Magnum P.I," is also a plus in my collection! I'm looking for a complete "Dark Shadows" DVD package. That was a BIG part of my life from '66 on after school...There's one on Amazon, $400 plus for the entire series....I'm also looking for "The Avengers", British spy serial. Done for this month, as far as any bills to be paid, and such....gotta renew my plate on my car before my birthday...even though it's raining out, I'm having a good day!

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 1

I finally saw the Downey Woodpecker earlier this week in the same old tree, but not for long.There has been a larger Woodpecker, probably a yellow shafted Flicker around also, and it's a larger bird, and LOUDER. I've Heard this one the last two years also. It almost sounds mechanical in it's precision...

3o2AlIM.jpgZuOCIfM.jpg

NAGAdFC.gif

Nice, ORF!

So far, I've seen robins, cardinals, pileated peckers, turkey vultures, and a couple of blue herons. Yay Spring!

I'm no ornithologist, but it's fun to try to figure out "just what the hell is that flying thing?" :LOL:

35f755c3d8fd3ceb11986a344ca9e0d9.jpg

• Like 2

More stuff from my life..... This is from a post in the Random Occurences thread I made just a few months after my return [for good] Here on TRF.

I had asked if anyone had heard of a toy that came out un the end of the '60s called "Mad Models". Well, Yesterday, I FOUND PICTURES ON THE WEB! Here's tne one I had, 0VRMwpH.jpgbtANyzl.jpgThe Pink Cadillac El Dorado was my neighbor friend's. We used to tie them to the backs of our bikes and drag them down the street in the summer of '69.

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 2

Saw my first Amefican Goldfinch last week, and the second one today! SRMCLNU.jpgV1R87oP.gif
  • Like 4

More stuff from my life..... This is from a post in the Random Occurences thread I made just a few months after my return [for good] Here on TRF.

I had asked if anyone had heard of a toy that came out un the end of the '60s called "Mad Models". Well, Yesterday, I FOUND PICTURES ON THE WEB! Here's tne one I had, 0VRMwpH.jpgbtANyzl.jpgThe Pink Cadillac El Dorado was my neighbor friend's. We used to tie them to the backs of our bikes and drag them down the street in the summer of '69.

NAGAdFC.gif

Were those the best days of your life? :D

R-453175-1265077318.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

NAGAdFC.gif

They came with a sheet of stickers "STP, Crane Cams, Moon wheels, etc."

kAE9Zkv.gif

• Like 1

More stuff from my life..... This is from a post in the Random Occurences thread I made just a few months after my return [for good] Here on TRF.I had asked if anyone had heard of a toy that came out un the end of the '60s called "Mad Models". Well, Yesterday, I FOUND PICTURES ON THE WEB! Here's tne one I had, 0VRMwpH.jpgbtANyzl.jpgThe Pink Cadillac El Dorado was my neighbor friend's. We used to tie them to the backs of our bikes and drag them down the street in the summer of '69.NAGAdFC.gif
Were those the best days of your life? :DR-453175-1265077318.jpeg.jpg
The First Summer in our second New home. It was built durring our first year in Saline. The house in Ypsi we lived in was also new, and the house I was born into.Yes, "The Summer of '69" Has been an Ironic song for me since it came out.

AKCDpmn.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Well folks, it's back again! My Blabber Thread! Today, I had A ROOT CANAL! The amazing thing is, that there was NO PAIN! Lots has changed with dentistry since I was a child! The Doctor showed me what was involved, and even the shot of anestheia wasn't painful. He had a machine that allowed him to use two microscopic eye pieces to guide a light that was not blinding,[he gave me polarized glasses] and after he and his attendant were done, he took an X-ray, and showed me what he'd done for almost an Hour... GREAT GUY!

NAGAdFC.gif

3o2AlIM.jpgZuOCIfM.jpg

NAGAdFC.gif

Saw my first Amefican Goldfinch last week, and the second one today! SRMCLNU.jpgV1R87oP.gif

They're pretty! :D

• Like 1

More stuff from my life..... This is from a post in the Random Occurences thread I made just a few months after my return [for good] Here on TRF.I had asked if anyone had heard of a toy that came out un the end of the '60s called "Mad Models". Well, Yesterday, I FOUND PICTURES ON THE WEB! Here's tne one I had, 0VRMwpH.jpgbtANyzl.jpgThe Pink Cadillac El Dorado was my neighbor friend's. We used to tie them to the backs of our bikes and drag them down the street in the summer of '69.NAGAdFC.gif
The First Summer in our second New home. It was built durring our first year in Saline. The house in Ypsi we lived in was also new, and the house I was born into.Yes, "The Summer of '69" Has been an Ironic song for me since it came out.

AKCDpmn.gif

Did you "wake up the neighborhood"..? :P

• Like 3

AKCDpmn.gif

Why is the Bryan Adams song ironic for you?

• Like 1

Hey ORF!

I saw this crazy thing today. A weird-looking wasp with a long "tail."

DK4K1K5KEK1QA0GQF0UQY09QF0GKBK8KLSGKTK8KDK9QBKNQTKNQJ09Q1KLK9KRK9KSKWK0KB0UQAK8KF0VQDKMKTK.jpg

It's an Ichneumon wasp. I was outside reading, and one of these was crawling on my shirt. :o It's now climbing my screen door. I measured it, and it's 13 cm long (about 5 inches). Cool!

• Like 2

Hey ORF!

DK4K1K5KEK1QA0GQF0UQY09QF0GKBK8KLSGKTK8KDK9QBKNQTKNQJ09Q1KLK9KRK9KSKWK0KB0UQAK8KF0VQDKMKTK.jpg

It's an Ichneumon wasp. I was outside reading, and one of these was crawling on my shirt. :o It's now climbing my screen door. I measured it, and it's 13 cm long (about 5 inches). Cool!

Yes. An Ichneumon Wasp!

JZ1jGEV.gif

• Like 1

Hey ORF!

Yes. An Ichneumon Wasp!

JZ1jGEV.gif

I'd never seen one before. Are they common in your neck of the woods, ORF?

And I've seen lots of foxes around here this summer. Dunno why. Never really seen them in this area before. Maybe they brought the wasps! :P

GettyImages-671702530-d9032ee.jpg?quality=45&resize=620,413

• Like 1

Hey ORF!

Yes. An Ichneumon Wasp!

JZ1jGEV.gif

And I've seen lots of foxes around here this summer. Dunno why. Never really seen them in this area before. Maybe they brought the wasps! :P

My deceased BFF David mentioned seeing a fox, a Yellow Shafted Flicker and a Bat in this area just outside of Saline on our section of Maple road about 30 years ago, he was amazed at all the fauna he got to show his first daughter that day. Can't say I've ever seen the Wasp though. I DO remember seeing quite a few of the Orb Weaver spiders that were in the "Spider Catches Bat" thread, a black and yellow Garden spider, or as I've seen them called 'Argiope Aurantia' in scientific terminology. I myself see bats regularly between 8:00 and 10:00 pm, around when the lightning bugs come out, in spring and summer.

qZ2cAX3.gif

• Like 1

Hey ORF!

Yes. An Ichneumon Wasp!

JZ1jGEV.gif

My deceased BFF David mentioned seeing a fox, a Yellow Shafted Flicker and a Bat in this area just outside of Saline on our section of Maple road about 30 years ago, he was amazed at all the fauna he got to show his first daughter that day. Can't say I've ever seen the Wasp though. I DO remember seeing quite a few of the Orb Weaver spiders that were in the "Spider Catches Bat" thread, a black and yellow Garden spider, or as I've seen them called 'Argiope Aurantia' in scientific terminology. I myself see bats regularly between 8:00 and 10:00 pm, around when the lightning bugs come out, in spring and summer.

qZ2cAX3.gif

The world needs more bats!

giphy.gif