OldRUSHfan stuff my form of social media tracking...

OldRUSHfan

I haven't messed with the settings on my JBL L 100s in YEARS....I will have to check that out when my dampeners get here. syhWokl.jpg syhWokl.jpg

OjbOXBa.jpg

Music day! The list of CDs that were delivered:Vivaldi's The Four Seasons- performed by The Academy of St. Martin-in-the-fields. conductor Neville MarrinerThe Jimi Hendrix Experience- Are You Experienced?The Jimi Hendrix Experience- Axis Bold As LoveThe Jimi Hendrix Experience- Electric LadylandThe Five Man Electrical Band-The Best Of Includes the only two hits I am aware of by them from radio, "Signs" and "I'm a Stranger Here", My next door neighbor bought the single I think I recorded it from his single, but can't confirm. I got it off the web later, now I OWN it on CD!In the early to mid 70s I used to record songs through my Sony stereo receiver, my Realistic full range full size speakers sat next to each other, with my Dad's Sony cassette recorder in front of them. Monoral, but MY CREATION of MY MUSIC. Got some orders from friends to record stuff for them... especially after I got my later stereo components...

OjbOXBa.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Music day! The list of CDs that were delivered:Vivaldi's The Four Seasons- performed by The Academy of St. Martin-in-the-fields. conductor Neville MarrinerThe Jimi Hendrix Experience- Are You Experienced?The Jimi Hendrix Experience- Axis Bold As LoveThe Jimi Hendrix Experience- Electric LadylandThe Five Man Electrical Band-The Best Of Includes the only two hits I am aware of by them from radio, "Signs" and "I'm a Stranger Here", My next door neighbor bought the single I think I recorded it from his single, but can't confirm. I got it off the web later, now I OWN it on CD!In the early to mid 70s I used to record songs through my Sony stereo receiver, my Realistic full range full size speakers sat next to each other, with my Dad's Sony cassette recorder in front of them. Monoral, but MY CREATION of MY MUSIC. Got some orders from friends to record stuff for them... especially after I got my later stereo components...

OjbOXBa.jpg

Hendrix, nice!

:smoke: :guitar:

I'm surprised you don't have a Jimi Hendrix themed banana!

This is all I got:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xgeVRx35ilw/VLoRsrjty0I/AAAAAAAAOV4/GK5Km91FIRk/s1600/Disfraz%2Bde%2BBanana%2BRasta.jpg

• Like 1

OjbOXBa.jpg

Hendrix, nice!

:smoke: :guitar:

I'm surprised you don't have a Jimi Hendrix themed banana!

This is all I got:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xgeVRx35ilw/VLoRsrjty0I/AAAAAAAAOV4/GK5Km91FIRk/s1600/Disfraz%2Bde%2BBanana%2BRasta.jpg

I have Rasta bananas galore, but I didn't know Hendrix was a Rasta...I always believed he was the first Progressive Guitarist. Also, got my speaker floor riser dampeners and put them in place!

YKyUbb1.jpg

P51Zj4D.jpg

rKb3SfH.jpg

There They are...the downstairs neighbors will be enthused.

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Just got an album of British Psychedelic Cult faves yesterday, inspired by an episode of NCIS, where David McCallum's Character "Ducky" ,The medical examiner, goes back to when he was about to leave England for the Royal Medical Team in the late sixties. The music they were playing is on this album, a song with the name "Found Love" by the Fly Bi Nights from that time. I LOVE that type of music, and to hear what Brits used to call that type of music is extremely cool! Planning to listen to the rest on that album tomorrow...

OjbOXBa.jpg

• Like 1

Realized that I'd missed enya's collection except for The Celts, and Dark Island, and just found them through a fluke in my thinking. Also missed almost all of Eric Clapton except for his Anthology, and Melissa Etheridge another E name....my brain....wow. Now enya's BACK, and all the others....YAY!

OjbOXBa.jpg

YyBveL6.jpgOwie memories. The summer of '73, at Boy Scout summer camp, with was near Farwell, MI, Wright's Lake, I was coming out from the dining fly and a Bald-faced hornet was going into it he flew right into my forehead above my right eye and I smooshed him and he stung me. I got a half golfball sized bump on me, and pain out the WAZOO. An old friend from Counterparts RUSH message board just got her eyelid stung, and I remembered my encounter with a REALLY BIG Hornet. This sucker was about the size of a half dollar!

8IfdTHq.jpgScared Banana

Something else you probably never wanted to know about me, I'm a BIG 'Headlight' afficianado....[Ala Carly Simon's "No Secrets" album cover]

qFRuNPa.png

Just got an album of British Psychedelic Cult faves yesterday, inspired by an episode of NCIS, where David McCallum's Character "Ducky" ,The medical examiner, goes back to when he was about to leave England for the Royal Medical Team in the late sixties. The music they were playing is on this album, a song with the name "Found Love" by the Fly Bi Nights from that time. I LOVE that type of music, and to hear what Brits used to call that type of music is extremely cool! Planning to listen to the rest on that album tomorrow...

OjbOXBa.jpg

You got Tintern Abbey on there? :P

Love that guitar solo (1:23-2:03)! E-bow methinx.

blog_ebow2.jpg

Have you heard this? It's pretty spot-on, although recorded in the 80s (the band is XTC btw):

(dunno why the record is played twice on here...:smoke: perhaps?)

Just made my second gallon of Tropical Punch Kool-aid this week, and went to see if any Bats were outside....WOW. They were ALL OVER outside! Some nights I see NONE...tonight? Wow. I couldn't look anywhere and not see one or two....
  • Like 1

OjbOXBa.jpg

You got Tintern Abbey on there? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS-ULwge-x0

Love that guitar solo (1:23-2:03)! E-bow methinx.

blog_ebow2.jpg

Have you heard this? It's pretty spot-on, although recorded in the 80s (the band is XTC btw):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1zLrEH0evI

(dunno why the record is played twice on here... :smoke: perhaps?)

Nope, No 'Tintern Abbey' But this is a British 'Psychedelic' album, and I don't find any of 'Tintern Abbey' stuff on the album...I'll look for the XTC album, I saw them open for 'The Police' on the second album tour in Ann Arbor 1980.

I have to go back and find the actual Strawberry alarm Clock albums....

yTnN6ko.jpg

• Like 1

Done! they'll be ordered.

uCadmNl.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

ORF, I heard Tintern Abbey on this many moons ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPHDpRFyorw

There are a couple of good tracks on here. The one at 18:25 was co-written (and maybe produced?) by Bill Wyman.

Tintern Abbey at 28:43 and 43:03.

Here's some Canuck psych for you. Things get cookin' on the 2nd tune (3:32). Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0aShrI70Y

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 1

Lotsa Listening to do! Thank you, Vaportrailer!!! Believe it or not, I'm still working on my iTunes music. Adding album cover art and such...OCD, aren't I?

aeRXGkp.gif

• Like 1

Lotsa Listening to do! Thank you, Vaportrailer!!! Believe it or not, I'm still working on my iTunes music. Adding album cover art and such...OCD, aren't I?

aeRXGkp.gif

OCD? I thought you were ORF. wtf? lol

Happy listening!

hello-again-chris-milk-beck-multi-channel-binaurual-audio-microphone-head.jpg

Thanks for the pic, maaaaaan! I first heard of Binaural hearing when I bought this Boombox. A JVC RC 828 JW Biphonic, Binaural recording, unit,

5DO7vrv.jpg

JGJEdLh.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

aeRXGkp.gif

OCD? I thought you were ORF. wtf? lol

Happy listening!

hello-again-chris-milk-beck-multi-channel-binaurual-audio-microphone-head.jpg

Thanks for the pic, maaaaaan! I first heard of Binaural hearing when I bought this Boombox. A JVC RC 828 JW Biphonic, Binaural recording, unit,

5DO7vrv.jpg

JGJEdLh.jpg

The Biphonic Man!

• Like 1

Lotsa Listening to do! Thank you, Vaportrailer!!! Believe it or not, I'm still working on my iTunes music. Adding album cover art and such...OCD, aren't I?aeRXGkp.gif
OCD? I thought you were ORF. wtf? lolHappy listening!hello-again-chris-milk-beck-multi-channel-binaurual-audio-microphone-head.jpg
Thanks for the pic, maaaaaan! I first heard of Binaural hearing when I bought this Boombox. A JVC RC 828 JW Biphonic, Binaural recording, unit,5DO7vrv.jpgJGJEdLh.jpg
The Biphonic Man!
According to a stereo site, the Biphonic part of the JVC unit didn't work well...Sharp or someone similar made a better interpretation. JVC never announced this application after a couple years, They DID however have a pamplet with the instructions on Binaural hearing effects, how it worked and I had just bought Isao Tomita's "The Bermuda Triangle" album. Very interesting Electronic album, in league with my dabbling with Larry Fast's Synergy projects. Tomita had recorded the Bermuda Triangle with a FIVE point system, Quad as the basis, and finally, a microphone Overhead! The final part of the Binaural experience of hearing something like you were in the room. Interesting or what! Oh, yeah, I was into colored vinyl at this time, and the Tomita album was printed on Coral colored vinyl! gCWT9dy.jpg I Just found out Isao Tomita died in May of 2016, at the age of 84. Here he is in his studio in 1976 with some of his equipment-NZTTk59g.jpg a genius in my opinion!

OjbOXBa.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Just bought The Plastic Cloud album....yesterday I recieved Quicksilver Anthology, and the First three albums, Ghost's "prequelle",Pearl Jam 2006. and some other stuff...Ever heard of The Faint? Just got "Danse Macabre" Neat album! I'm waiting on "Ear Candy" by King's X, Chicago 4, the four album [ probably 2 CD] live set from Carnegie Hall...was just informed that The Plastic Cloud shipped. Gets here with Chicago 4 next monday...

OjbOXBa.jpg

• Like 1

Just bought The Plastic Cloud album....yesterday I recieved Quicksilver Anthology, and the First three albums, Ghost's "prequelle",Pearl Jam 2006. and some other stuff...Ever heard of The Faint? Just got "Danse Macabre" Neat album! I'm waiting on "Ear Candy" by King's X, Chicago 4, the four album [ probably 2 CD] live set from Carnegie Hall...was just informed that The Plastic Cloud shipped. Gets here with Chicago 4 next monday...

OjbOXBa.jpg

Glad you liked Plastic Cloud, ORF! :LOL: :cheers:

Never heard of The Faint btw. Will give 'em an ear, thanks.

You know this one?

https://www.discogs.com/Gary-Numan-Engineers/release/1255390

It's on my "gimme" list, along with Love's "Forever Changes" and a couple McCartney cds.

Hopefully, will order these in a couple days, finances willing. :P

Rock on, ORF!

http://mobimg.b-cdn.net/androidgame_img/banana_rocks/real/1_banana_rocks.jpg

And here's a t-shirt for ya!

people_110_manshort_front_white_250.jpg

"Buuuuuuuurrrrrrrrp"

OjbOXBa.jpg

Glad you liked Plastic Cloud, ORF! :LOL: :cheers:

Never heard of The Faint btw. Will give 'em an ear, thanks.

You know this one?

https://www.discogs....release/1255390

It's on my "gimme" list, along with Love's "Forever Changes" and a couple McCartney cds.

Hopefully, will order these in a couple days, finances willing. :P

Rock on, ORF!

http://mobimg.b-cdn.net/androidgame_img/banana_rocks/real/1_banana_rocks.jpg

And here's a t-shirt for ya!

people_110_manshort_front_white_250.jpg

"Buuuuuuuurrrrrrrrp"

I already have the original emoji in my list, but that is ONE GREAT title for it! Thanks, for the Bananas, man! I'll probably get the Gary Numan myself...discogs has always been good for me!

OjbOXBa.jpg

• Like 1