OldRUSHfan stuff my form of social media tracking...

OldRUSHfan

New stuff arrived this morning, Cat Stevens "Foreigner" and Budda And The Chocolate Box" and then it occured to me that my oversized Box sets were not done. So, The Carpenters "Over The Top" set is done, AC/DC came in their own jewel cases and are held in the 'A' box, and are already done, Richard Pryor is now being done, and Cheap Trick is next, Then the complete Police recordings, and I'm done. Ok NOW I'm done. all the box sets are burned and all is done...A few albums still coming in mail...a couple of Robin Trower, and Genesis "Foxtrot"...

OjbOXBa.jpg

Which CT box, ORF? 'Sex America Cheap Trick' is pretty damn swell, if that's the one you mean. Killer live stuff and some cool demos too.

Hope your ears are having fun!

Yes, that is the box set. today I received a single by Royksopp, "Remind me", it was used in a commercial a few years back and I bought the MP3, but now I own the hard copy CD...did you ever hear the "found all the Parts" Maxi ep? I bought the vinyl in '80 one side live, the other studio. GREAT Cheap Trick music! "Can't Hold On" is my favorite on the Live side.

OjbOXBa.jpg

Yep, "Found All the Parts" is a good 'un! Didn't that come with the "Everything Works If You Let It" single? Damn good song!

New stuff arrived this morning, Cat Stevens "Foreigner" and Budda And The Chocolate Box" and then it occured to me that my oversized Box sets were not done. So, The Carpenters "Over The Top" set is done, AC/DC came in their own jewel cases and are held in the 'A' box, and are already done, Richard Pryor is now being done, and Cheap Trick is next, Then the complete Police recordings, and I'm done. Ok NOW I'm done. all the box sets are burned and all is done...A few albums still coming in mail...a couple of Robin Trower, and Genesis "Foxtrot"...

OjbOXBa.jpg

Which CT box, ORF? 'Sex America Cheap Trick' is pretty damn swell, if that's the one you mean. Killer live stuff and some cool demos too.

Hope your ears are having fun!

Yes, that is the box set. today I received a single by Royksopp, "Remind me", it was used in a commercial a few years back and I bought the MP3, but now I own the hard copy CD...did you ever hear the "found all the Parts" Maxi ep? I bought the vinyl in '80 one side live, the other studio. GREAT Cheap Trick music! "Can't Hold On" is my favorite on the Live side.

OjbOXBa.jpg

Yep, "Found All the Parts" is a good 'un! Didn't that come with the "Everything Works If You Let It" single? Damn good song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy9sij3d_2M

Not when I bought it...however, I did buy that single by itself later! I love that song also!

PgQ5Z40.gif

• Like 1

The two albums on one CD deal has come through again, "Long Misty Days" and "In City Dreams" by Robin Trower has arrived and now my original Trower collection on vinyl is complete, with a couple more thrown in Robin Trower LIVE, and "Twice Removed From Yesterday" have been missing since I converted totally to CDs. This has been my mission from the day I started my CD collection in the last couple of months before 1990. I have gone back to the Masters, Beethover, Brahms and Mozart & Stravinsky and into country, Pop Listening and 'ick' [a term reminded to me by Alien Girl] which you all should know. I enjoy all [just about] MUSIC, but even so, there ARE limits. And NEW stuff is coming up or being revealed to me from the past. As of Pop Rock, Metal, Prog Rock and such, that goes back to the mid '50s and on and on. I'm waiting on "Foxtrot" by Genesis, supposed to arrive tomorrow, and then I'm pretty much done. I've gotten into much NEW stuff from TV shows like the CSI, NCIS, Rizzoli & Isles, Blue Bloods and such. Death Cab For Cutie, Keane, Fink, and many others. All new stuff may not be to YOUR liking, but much has gotten through to ME!

kiFilFN.jpg

• Like 1

I have gone back to the Masters, Beethover, Brahms and Mozart & Stravinsky

Roll Oven, Beethover! :LOL:

What Stravinsky have you listened to, ORF?

Have you heard any Partch? Pretty different stuff! Heavily inspired by the musical theories of ancient Greece, he ended up building his own instruments to play his compositions. "12 tones to the octave? Bah! Nowhere near enough! Let's try 43!"

• Like 1

"Foxtrot" did arrive today, and is burnt already...

oWUXe5w.gif

I have gone back to the Masters, Beethover, Brahms and Mozart & Stravinsky

Roll Oven, Beethover! :LOL:

What Stravinsky have you listened to, ORF?

Have you heard any Partch? Pretty different stuff! Heavily inspired by the musical theories of ancient Greece, he ended up building his own instruments to play his compositions. "12 tones to the octave? Bah! Nowhere near enough! Let's try 43!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKD3zm0WZjA

Very interesting individual indeed! I wonder if Frank Zappa had ever heard of him. I think so. realizing that he got on Californian TV for Playing a bicycle. Very Interesting man for sure. There are a LOT of parallels with Zappa'a life...

U0JcTdC.gif

• Like 1

Stravinsky i have is The Rite of Spring, my Beethoven is the 9th Symphony in D Minor, as performed by the NBC Symphony Orchestra, and the 2nd movement, Molto Vivace, which was used for a long time by NBC nightly news for their Evening News program. Handel's Water Music, Holst's The Planets both symphony and Isao Tomita's version...Eap0fLI.gif

8WGDYdP.gif

• Like 1

Stravinsky i have is The Rite of Spring, my Beethoven is the 9th Symphony in D Minor, as performed by the NBC Symphony Orchestra, and the 2nd movement, Molto Vivace, which was used for a long time by NBC nightly news for their Evening News program. Handel's Water Music, Holst's The Planets both symphony and Isao Tomita's version...Eap0fLI.gif

8WGDYdP.gif

This is my favourite 'classical' (er, renaissance?) piece. Hearing this in a church (or other equally vibrant space) would be stunning:

The piece was originally a closely guarded secret and only performed in the Sistine Chapel...Until a 14-year-old WA Mozart saw a performance of it and wrote it out afterwards. :o

(According to Wikipedia, the young Mozart returned two days later to make 'minor corrections'.)

• Like 1

8WGDYdP.gif

This is my favourite 'classical' (er, renaissance?) piece. Hearing this in a church (or other equally vibrant space) would be stunning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqa4bTTcrQg

The piece was originally a closely guarded secret and only performed in the Sistine Chapel...Until a 14-year-old WA Mozart saw a performance of it and wrote it out afterwards. :o

(According to Wikipedia, the young Mozart returned two days later to make 'minor corrections'.)

That is a beautiful piece! I'll have to add that to my classical music.

JGJEdLh.jpg

• Like 1

8WGDYdP.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqa4bTTcrQg

That is a beautiful piece! I'll have to add that to my classical music.

JGJEdLh.jpg

Nice! Glad you enjoyed it, ORF! :cheers:

• Like 1

Finally took my empties [pop] back and used my last $10 to buy some omeprazol [ generic Prilosec] and have my chronic acid reflux back under control. not completely, but buy bedtime I'll be normal again in the stomach area. YAY!!!

j1GrkLD.gif

I must have to take the omeprazol for two days straight in order for my Acid production to go below the place where it won't be lapping at the door to my esophagus....anyway, sorry I've been gone all day, but I called Canon USA today and got a nice guy named Josh to help me with download all the pics off my camera that have been stored there since when I moved back to Saline in 2012. I know I took pics with this camera before then, but they don't seem to come up. but the majority of them are here, and safely on my computer now, and double protected from malware and viruses and ransomware also because of my antivirus...I've been renaming the photos all day and I'm up to the beginning of Jan. 2014 Approx. 985 photos...gotta take a break!

uCadmNl.jpg

Ya know what I like about music these days? Bands are taking their stuff and adding a lot of things that were 'left behind' when the albums first came out. When the show "Breaking Bad" ended, The song "Baby Blue" by Badfinger was used. So I got on the web, and found a remastered and partially added to album of "Straight Up" [with Bonus tracks, which included the U.S. single mix of "Baby Blue" which differed from the U.K. and the rest of the world by having reverb on the snare drum! Me, having bought the single back when it came out, I remembered it as having the reverb on the snare drum!] coming in later years is beneficial sometimes! I found a hit 45 rpm That I had bought back in the sixties, "Keem O Sabe" by Electric Indian, probably a studio musician band, and I just noticed that the main melody is played on a Vibraphone!

rdjAqR7.jpgThis is a tuned metal slab keyed instrument with a damper pedal, and also makes a wowow sound when the motor is on pressing on the pedal dampens the wowow sound. I played one of these in High school!hU1GtcR.jpg

Playing CM 610 now...I should have changed from TV to music LONG ago....

OjbOXBa.jpg

• Like 1

Hey ORF!

Stumbled across this the other day looking for old Numan.

The rest of the record isn't as interesting, sadly. Too bad, 'cause I love those Tubeway Army albums.

Paul Gardiner is/was a mighty interesting bassist to my weird ear (not on this album so much :( )

James Freud, from his aborted Numan-produced album "China Crimes" (1980).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzs15lDAXBw

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 1

Hey ORF!

The rest of the record isn't as interesting, sadly. Too bad, 'cause I love those Tubeway Army albums.

Paul Gardiner is/was a mighty interesting bassist to my weird ear (not on this album so much :( )

Is there a way to record this to my computer? I LOVE Numan ANYTHING!

:banana:

• Like 1

Hey ORF!

ORF! I kinda figured you might like that one! The rest of the album didn't really grab me, and I'm a HUGE early Numan fan! I'll try again.

I did a quick google search for "James Freud China Crimes", and in the first few 'hits', a couple sites came up where you can supposedly download it.

They look reasonably legit, but I didn't click on 'em so I can't say for sure.

Good luck!

Speaking of Numan, have you heard this before? It's pretty good, and a nice tribute to Paul Gardiner.

Kinda sad though...:(

• Like 1

Hey ORF!

ORF! I kinda figured you might like that one! The rest of the album didn't really grab me, and I'm a HUGE early Numan fan! I'll try again.

I did a quick google search for "James Freud China Crimes", and in the first few 'hits', a couple sites came up where you can supposedly download it.

They look reasonably legit, but I didn't click on 'em so I can't say for sure.

Good luck!

Speaking of Numan, have you heard this before? It's pretty good, and a nice tribute to Paul Gardiner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2QTs1TIi04

Kinda sad though... :(

Is this available?

qlKHH6X.gif

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2QTs1TIi04

Kinda sad though... :(

Is this available?

qlKHH6X.gif

Hey, ORF! I dunno, there used to be a way to download stuff from YouTube, but it's beyond my meager capabilities!

The full album is called "Intolerance" and it looks like Numan plays synth on another tune. I haven't heard anything from it other than the video above.

Here's some info for ya:

https://www.discogs.com/Tik-Tok-Intolerance/release/316462

Good luck! Quite a haunting tune (ahem).

Listening to Flock of Seagulls debut right now. Dug it out earlier this week and can't stop playing it! I feel like a real New-Wave nerd. :P

Interesting guitar-player. :yes: :guitar:

"Wishing" is another good 'un.

Rock on, ORF! Happy Thirsty Thursday! :LOL:

• Like 1

All I have of them is "I Ran So Far Away" in a Rock of the Eighties compilation. I'll have to check out the first album...

• Like 1

All I have of them is "I Ran So Far Away" in a Rock of the Eighties compilation. I'll have to check out the first album...

Hope you get some enjoyment out of it!

My fave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKFjD28qPwQ

Yay!

Just bought the first album [with bonus tracks,] and "Remixes and Rarities" to get here on the 7th of August.

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/usE0BEx.gif[/img]

• Like 1

I just remembered I needed to get two speaker stands that will cut out the noise from sitting on my floor. They will dampen to 'nil' any sound transferred from direct contact of my speakers with the carpet on my floor.

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/E6y1pJl.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/E6y1pJl.jpg[/img]

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Hope you get some enjoyment out of it!

My fave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKFjD28qPwQ

Yay!

Just bought the first album [with bonus tracks,] and "Remixes and Rarities" to get here on the 7th of August.

Whoa! You are a music maniac!

I'd be interested in your thoughts on your new cds, when you're ready to share 'em.

I was surprised at how much I like the debut. I liked it enough when I was in jr high, but I'm really digging it now.

Gonna listen to side 2 methinx!

:cheers:

• Like 1

I just remembered I needed to get two speaker stands that will cut out the noise from sitting on my floor. They will dampen to 'nil' any sound transferred from direct contact of my speakers with the carpet on my floor.

Cool.

Now you can crank up the bass!

http://static.digg.com/images/accddd34a10e48d5bad512c8810043a8_0a041a373f8a0672c38ac07eab40efe6_1_social_large.jpeg

• Like 1