Lucas

Gods Of Rock Vocals SEMI FINALS  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Group One - Pick THREE From This Group

2. 2. Group Two - Pick THREE From This Group

3. 3. Group Three - Pick THREE From This Group

I love Ian. Especially on the "Born Again" Sabbath record."

:cheers:

Gillian's vocals on the Born Again album are phenomenal.

His vocals on the chorus of the song Born Again?, oh man they give me goose bumps!

• Like 2

Now that I think of it, I think we missed Brandon Boyd of Incubus and Chester Bennington.

Brandon gets alot of flack for the 'pretty boy' thing but he's an excellent vocalist.

It’s all a taste thing anyway. Imho, Brad Delp destroys Ozzy but there they are, side by side in section 3. (I didn’t vote either this round, but I went with Delp in round 1).

I went with Delp in round 1 as well. Perhaps the best "singer" in the whole poll. But, moving on to Round Two, he's outclassed in terms being a rock vocalist (which for me includes being a front man).

Yeah, my votes were all based on who I like the best as a rock vocalist, not who appears to be best suited for the church choir.

Didn't mean to make it sound like I only value technical ability, mores I meant to highlight that to me Anderson lacks both technical ability AND (probably more importantly) especially enticing character, but that's just a taste thing. I'm just surprised that many people like him that much compared to other somewhat similar vocalists on here.

Who is “somewhat similar” to Ian? To me it’s like saying someone is somewhat similar to Geddy. I don’t know of anyone similar to either.

But when talking about 80s hair metal vocalists, now those guys are similar.

Also, Ian isn’t an “enticing character”? That dude is all about character.

Was thinking the same thing. Love Ian. He isn't everyone's cup of tea but neither is Ged. I voted for Ian.

That being said, I'm a Glenn Hughes, David Coverdale guy.

I think it's ridiculous that Glenn didn't make it into the second round.

Also no Marc Storace?

What a fuckingg joke.

No love for Krokus.

I partied with Marc and the boys in Reno like 11 years ago.

It was true. Marc confirmed it right to my face. He was going to replace Bon Scott, but shithole Arista their record company wouldn't release Marc from his contract.

So BJ slid in.

Pun intended.

Wrong Ian, lol.

• Like 1

It’s all a taste thing anyway. Imho, Brad Delp destroys Ozzy but there they are, side by side in section 3. (I didn’t vote either this round, but I went with Delp in round 1).

I went with Delp in round 1 as well. Perhaps the best "singer" in the whole poll. But, moving on to Round Two, he's outclassed in terms being a rock vocalist (which for me includes being a front man).

Yeah, my votes were all based on who I like the best as a rock vocalist, not who appears to be best suited for the church choir.

Didn't mean to make it sound like I only value technical ability, mores I meant to highlight that to me Anderson lacks both technical ability AND (probably more importantly) especially enticing character, but that's just a taste thing. I'm just surprised that many people like him that much compared to other somewhat similar vocalists on here.

Who is “somewhat similar” to Ian? To me it’s like saying someone is somewhat similar to Geddy. I don’t know of anyone similar to either.

But when talking about 80s hair metal vocalists, now those guys are similar.

Also, Ian isn’t an “enticing character”? That dude is all about character.

Was thinking the same thing. Love Ian. He isn't everyone's cup of tea but neither is Ged. I voted for Ian.

That being said, I'm a Glenn Hughes, David Coverdale guy.

I think it's ridiculous that Glenn didn't make it into the second round.

Also no Marc Storace?

What a fuckingg joke.

No love for Krokus.

I partied with Marc and the boys in Reno like 11 years ago.

It was true. Marc confirmed it right to my face. He was going to replace Bon Scott, but shithole Arista their record company wouldn't release Marc from his contract.

So BJ slid in.

Pun intended.

Wrong Ian, lol.

:LOL:

Earl: I love Ian in X-Men and Lord of the Rings too!

• Like 2

I’m wondering if Geddy will even snatch up the bronze medal in the finals. It’s looking like he won’t. But maybe Rush loyalty will guilt some TRFers into choosing Lee?

His crooning on "Looking for luuuurv.." alone deserves to keep him out of the finals. Very un-rock. :tsk:

I’m wondering if Geddy will even snatch up the bronze medal in the finals. It’s looking like he won’t. But maybe Rush loyalty will guilt some TRFers into choosing Lee?

His crooning on "Looking for luuuurv.." alone deserves to keep him out of the finals. Very un-rock. :tsk:

I soak that + the Bravest Face yodeling in with some healing Hemispheres vocals to alleviate some of the pain.

I love Pink Floyd, but honestly, Roger Waters is a terrible singer.

Kinda yeah. Gilmore is technically better, but also very limited, he just has a nicer voice...

Still, there's something to be said for Roger's performance on The Wall, not a lot of people in rock could bring out a story that well.

• Like 1

I love Pink Floyd, but honestly, Roger Waters is a terrible singer.

Yeah he is but were not necessarily talking about technical ability with all the nominees. Waters is a unique vocalist. Ozzy is far from the most technically proficient singer but he's a great melodic vocalist. Not everyone can be as dynamic of a singer like Freddy Mercury but they can bring other things to the table that make them good.

Man I am hoping Daltrey gets to the finals.

Daltrey will get to the finals .. The top three from each group will advance

The only race here is Paul McCartney and Jon Anderson .... Paul is leading by two votes

One vote change could tie them

Anyone who voted for Sir Paul and didn't vote for Jon Anderson care to change the vote for Jon ??

Both would advance !!

'Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time

e7ccc7eb31ed0ff0135811468682e235---gonna.jpg

• Like 1

I soak that + the Bravest Face yodeling in with some healing Hemispheres vocals to alleviate some of the pain.

• Like 1

Man I am hoping Daltrey gets to the finals.

Daltrey will get to the finals .. The top three from each group will advance

The only race here is Paul McCartney and Jon Anderson .... Paul is leading by two votes

One vote change could tie them

Anyone who voted for Sir Paul and didn't vote for Jon Anderson care to change the vote for Jon ??

Both would advance !!

'Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time

e7ccc7eb31ed0ff0135811468682e235---gonna.jpg

Jon is kind of in the same boat as Geddy. A voice that is distinct in a not so pleasing way to many ears.

How did Ian Anderson make it to this round? He really doesn't compare to most of these guys as a singer, at least I wouldn't think so. Even Bowie and Gabriel have more versatility than him, and they're two of the other least "technically" great singers here. :eh:

What's the defense for Anderson? Have I not heard enough Tull to know his full abilities, or is it just a matter of taste?

Ian Anderson is f***ing awesome! No one on the planet has a similar voice. Unique and worthy!

• Like 3

How did Ian Anderson make it to this round? He really doesn't compare to most of these guys as a singer, at least I wouldn't think so. Even Bowie and Gabriel have more versatility than him, and they're two of the other least "technically" great singers here. :eh:

What's the defense for Anderson? Have I not heard enough Tull to know his full abilities, or is it just a matter of taste?

Ian Anderson is f***ing awesome! No one on the planet has a similar voice. Unique and worthy!

Which is exactly why I voted for him in the first round and here!

• Like 2

Dio, Daltrey, Halford, Plant and Mercury are no surprise so far. But I didn't expect Gillian, Cornell and Geddy Lee to be in the hunt here in the finals.

I expected Geddy in there because this is TRF.

Cornell is a slight surprise.

Gillian is a huge surprise.

I voted Cornell because he's versatile and multidimensional. Love his voice! Gillian is very good but did not get my vote.