The Rush Forum's GODZ OF ROCK VOCALS - Round TWO - Semi Finals

Lucas

Gods Of Rock Vocals SEMI FINALS  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Group One - Pick THREE From This Group

2. 2. Group Two - Pick THREE From This Group

3. 3. Group Three - Pick THREE From This Group

And now we get serious ..

In this, the second round semi finals, we have three groups of 12 names each ..

In each group, pick THREE names ( nine total for this poll )

There were multiple ties in the Round One - this is why there are twelve nominees in each round instead of ten ... I was not going to decide who advanced and who stayed home, esp in the Group One with Paul Stanley and Peter Gabriel ending tied with 8 votes each !!

In Group Two of Round One, there was a five-way tie for the final spot ..

What I did was keep the groups the same, with the exception of bouncing two from Group Two into Group Three ... I did that so each group here would have an even 12 choices ..

In short ( too late ), everyone that should have advanced, did, and I broke no ties - I simply brought everyone over ...

Have fun, and again, pick THREE from each group ..

There will be one more round - THE FINALS - after this ...

• Like 1

There were multiple ties in the Round One - this is why there are twelve nominees in each round instead of ten ... I was not going to decide who advanced and who stayed home, esp in the Group One with Paul Stanley and Peter Gabriel ending tied with 8 votes each

Biased towards Paul ! :LOL:

• Like 2

R1: Daltrey, Gabriel, Stanley

R2: Halford, Plant, Tyler

R3: MERCURY, John, Lee

Actually not quite as hard as last time, though R1 really had me guessing. Another day I might've voted Mick, Bon, Gillan, or Dio over Daltrey, but today the Won't Get Fooled Again scream sealed the deal.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

How did Ian Anderson make it to this round? He really doesn't compare to most of these guys as a singer, at least I wouldn't think so. Even Bowie and Gabriel have more versatility than him, and they're two of the other least "technically" great singers here. :eh:

What's the defense for Anderson? Have I not heard enough Tull to know his full abilities, or is it just a matter of taste?

• Like 1

Aw dang...Paul Rogers got left behind. That's a crying shame. All Right Now might be the purest rock vocal ever recorded...maybe the purest rock song ever recorded.
  • Like 1

Aw dang...Paul Rogers got left behind. That's a crying shame. All Right Now might be the purest rock vocal ever recorded...maybe the purest rock song ever recorded.

Actually, in the other thread he's currently tied with Elton John at 6 votes...was this an oversight or did he not have that many before the cutoff?

How did Ian Anderson make it to this round? He really doesn't compare to most of these guys as a singer, at least I wouldn't think so. Even Bowie and Gabriel have more versatility than him, and they're two of the other least "technically" great singers here. :eh:

What's the defense for Anderson? Have I not heard enough Tull to know his full abilities, or is it just a matter of taste?

Ian’s unique.

Axl sounds like a screeching fool to me but he still got a respectable amount of votes in Round 1.

Obviously, these polls aren’t all about technical proficiency. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

Ian’s unique.

Axl sounds like a screeching fool to me but he still got a respectable amount of votes in Round 1.

Obviously, these polls aren’t all about technical proficiency. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

hm...so I guess it's just a taste thing then. I'll give it to Ian I doubt I'd prefer anyone else singing for Tull, he certainly does his parts well, but his voice just doesn't seem like a major focal point or draw to me. This isn't news to anyone, but he's really more of a folk singer.

Ian’s unique.

hm...so I guess it's just a taste thing then. I'll give it to Ian I doubt I'd prefer anyone else singing for Tull, he certainly does his parts well, but his voice just doesn't seem like a major focal point or draw to me. This isn't news to anyone, but he's really more of a folk singer.

It’s all a taste thing anyway. Imho, Brad Delp destroys Ozzy but there they are, side by side in section 3. (I didn’t vote either this round, but I went with Delp in round 1).

As for Ian being “more of a folk singer”, that’s debatable but I don’t think it really matters anyway as long as the vocals suit the music.

• Like 1

Ian’s unique.

I love Taste. Rory Gallagher should have been on this poll.

No Robert :( but still a lot of amazing vocalists here

A guitarist one sounds cool tbh I am enjoyin this vocal one maybe another similar one can be done?? After this is over??

There already was...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/104548-the-rush-forums-gods-of-the-electric-guitar-mega-poll-round-one/page__hl__%2Bgods+%2Bguitar

But both the guitarist and vocalist polls were inspired by this:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/104417-the-duckblaze-gods-of-the-cinema-thread/page__hl__%2Bgods+%2Bcinema

• Like 1

So easy

DIO

ROTH

BON

HALFORD

PLANT

LYNOTT

FREDDIE

BOWIE

COVERDALE

Delp was amazing. Perfect for Boston but what???? OZZY KICKS BRAD'S ARSE! It's not just the quality of the pipes but the quantity of music produced and created.

Brad is only on the first three Boston albums. RTZ sucks. Come on man!

Brad suffered from depression and lit a Kingsford BBQ in his bathroom.

Scientists have studied OZZY's blood work for years trying to figure out how he is still alive.

Life isn't fair.

Cursed and Blessed!

WE ALL ARE!

Not just ME!

Hell I didn't even vote for the great OZZY!

I just committed "The Ultimate Sin!"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

So easy

DIO

ROTH

BON

HALFORD

PLANT

LYNOTT

FREDDIE

BOWIE

COVERDALE

Delp was amazing. Perfect for Boston but what???? OZZY KICKS BRAD'S ARSE! It's not just the quality of the pipes but the quantity of music produced and created.

Scientists have studied OZZY's blood work for years trying to figure out how he is still alive.

Life isn't fair.

Cursed and Blessed!

WE ALL ARE!

Not just ME!

Bah.

I like apple pie.

You like peach cobbler.

Bark at the Moon is tasty but doesn’t mean it’s better served with a bowl of vanilla ice cream at the House of Blaze.

:blaze:

• Like 1

So easy

DIO

ROTH

BON

HALFORD

PLANT

LYNOTT

FREDDIE

BOWIE

COVERDALE

Life isn't fair.

Cursed and Blessed!

WE ALL ARE!

Not just ME!

Bah.

I like apple pie.

You like peach cobbler.

Bark at the Moon is tasty but doesn’t mean it’s better served with a bowl of vanilla ice cream at the House of Blaze.

:blaze:

Hahaha! Love it. Apple pie with a la mode!

I will pass on all of it.

"Bark At The Moon" Rules.

Jake E Lee baby! Cream of the crop.

Underrated Legend.

The guitar solo on "Bark At The Moon" simply shines......

• Like 1

My choices are probably going to get dumped after this round. It hurt not to pick Dio, or Plant, or Halford, but you have to play the teams in your division. Thankfully, later I won't have to vote for Mercury, but I'm sure he's going to win this.

Who’d you vote for?

House Of Blaze sounds better than House Of Blues.

Lets go into business together and bring real rock back.

Signed,

House Of Pain

VAN FUCKKING HALEN

FUCKK SAM HALEN

I would require The House of Blaze to serve up these two things for sure:

1) Fiery rock bands

2) Fiery buffalo wings

“No room for pussy bands or taste buds! EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!”

- The House of Blaze management

• Like 2

So easy

DIO

ROTH

BON

HALFORD

PLANT

LYNOTT

FREDDIE

BOWIE

COVERDALE

Life isn't fair.

Cursed and Blessed!

WE ALL ARE!

Not just ME!

Ozzy will never die. All the years of drugs have put him in a permanently high state from which nothing in his body or mind can figure out how to come down. He'll live to see the year 2112 and have circa 1976 Rush holograms open for him at Ozzfest where he'll bite the head off of a fake bat on stage to a bemused audience of elementary school children learning about 20th century history.

• Like 1

I know that it's impossible to please everyone, and I'm enjoying this poll quite a bit.

That said, unless I missed it, was Eric Burdon included?

He is easily one of my favorite singers of all time, perhaps my favorite.

In any event, it's not like he would have won. The serious contenders are definitely included.

• Like 1

Actually, in the other thread he's currently tied with Elton John at 6 votes...was this an oversight or did he not have that many before the cutoff?

EP, Paul Rogers was in Group Three, while Elton John, Robin Zander, Lemmy, Roger Waters and Rik Emmett were in Group Two ... Six votes in Group Three ( Rogers ) wasn't enough to get into the Top 10 in that particular group .... In Group Two, six votes was good enough to tie for the 10th and final spot ..

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

There were multiple ties in the Round One - this is why there are twelve nominees in each round instead of ten ... I was not going to decide who advanced and who stayed home, esp in the Group One with Paul Stanley and Peter Gabriel ending tied with 8 votes each

Biased towards Paul ! :LOL:

:LOL:

noooooooooo, they both advanced

My choices are probably going to get dumped after this round. It hurt not to pick Dio, or Plant, or Halford, but you have to play the teams in your division. Thankfully, later I won't have to vote for Mercury, but I'm sure he's going to win this.

Who’d you vote for?

I went with Jagger Roth and Lennon, Cornell, Tyler and Di'Anno, and McCartney, Ozzy and Geddy.

I know that it's impossible to please everyone, and I'm enjoying this poll quite a bit.

That said, unless I missed it, was Eric Burdon included?

He is easily one of my favorite singers of all time, perhaps my favorite.

In any event, it's not like he would have won. The serious contenders are definitely included.

Mosher, I had Eric on one of my original lists, but ultimately, he didn't make it into the poll ..

I think he's worthy ... He and Roger McGuinn were two of the unfortunate victims of the limited amount of poll choices - two who deserve to be mentioned

• Like 1