Jump to content


Stupid Star Wars Crap We Never Want to See Again


  • Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

    The Elitist Booby Type

  • Members
  • 8956 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Central KY

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

View Postvaportrailer, on 15 January 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

Anything named Dooku

Unless it's used thusly: Luke left an Upper Dooku in the Falcon because he was mad at Han.

Then it's ok.

Sponsored Post

#42 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31029 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:37 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 15 January 2018 - 02:58 AM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 15 January 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

I don't want to see and hear another little kid going "whoo-hooo!"  Actually, I don't want to see anyone doing that.

Even hearing that little bastard say “Sebulba” pissed me off!



:blaze:

#43 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 55511 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 15 January 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 January 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

View Postworkingcinderellaman, on 15 January 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 15 January 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 January 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 15 January 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

Further expansion of the power to use the Force.  Enough already.

I find your lack of faith disturbing..... ;)

But seriously, isn't that what many of us wanted to see in the new Trilogy?  Luke Skywalker becoming a super-great Jedi Master, who would blow us away with near god-like powers?  To be honest, he did become like that, but not in the way that we expected.
I didn't want that at all.  For me there's a fine line between fantasy and just plain stupid.  With Tolkein, for example, the repeated rescue by eagle thing is just dumb.  With Star Wars, it seems the Force is used the same way to get the writers out of a jam.  Once it's introduced, a jedi's limitless Force power begs all kinds of questions around its selective use and curious absence in certain situations.
Which is also the problem with a lot of superhero stories. All superpowers need to be limited, otherwise, there is no conflict and no great story. Superman needs to have kryptonite. I think the main antagonist of the force is doubt. Luke has plenty of doubt in The Last Jedi which is what makes that part of the story interesting.

Good point.  Luke was full of doubt when first met Yoda, and he was again full of doubt in their last meeting.  

It’s similar to the Green Lanterns.  Their rings are only as powerful as the minds that control them.

My problem with Superman 1 & 2 is that they were pulling powers out of their ass that never existed (spinning around earth to move back time, magic kiss to erase memory, etc.). To me, the Leia Poppins scene is similar.
:goodone:



#44 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6168 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:26 PM

microscopic organisms that give you the force (as opposed to the shits)

#45 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6168 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

outrageously obvious cultural stereotypes.  I'll never understand how any of that crap got past anyone.

I have a vague recollection that one of Lucas's response to the charge of racist stereotypes was that "it takes place in a galaxy far, far away . . . how can they be racist stereotypes?"

Edited by toymaker, 15 January 2018 - 10:49 PM.


#46 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 55511 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

Immaculate conception.

#47 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 25206 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:47 AM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 15 January 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

People whining about how much they hate sand.

I never understand the hate about that comment.  It was one of the few lines he had which was delivered pretty well, gave insight into who he was, and rang true.  I mean, sand is f***ing awful.

#48 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 25206 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:19 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 15 January 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 January 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

View Postworkingcinderellaman, on 15 January 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 15 January 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 January 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 15 January 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

Further expansion of the power to use the Force.  Enough already.

I find your lack of faith disturbing..... ;)

But seriously, isn't that what many of us wanted to see in the new Trilogy?  Luke Skywalker becoming a super-great Jedi Master, who would blow us away with near god-like powers?  To be honest, he did become like that, but not in the way that we expected.
I didn't want that at all.  For me there's a fine line between fantasy and just plain stupid.  With Tolkein, for example, the repeated rescue by eagle thing is just dumb.  With Star Wars, it seems the Force is used the same way to get the writers out of a jam.  Once it's introduced, a jedi's limitless Force power begs all kinds of questions around its selective use and curious absence in certain situations.
Which is also the problem with a lot of superhero stories. All superpowers need to be limited, otherwise, there is no conflict and no great story. Superman needs to have kryptonite. I think the main antagonist of the force is doubt. Luke has plenty of doubt in The Last Jedi which is what makes that part of the story interesting.

Good point.  Luke was full of doubt when first met Yoda, and he was again full of doubt in their last meeting.  

It’s similar to the Green Lanterns.  Their rings are only as powerful as the minds that control them.

My problem with Superman 1 & 2 is that they were pulling powers out of their ass that never existed (spinning around earth to move back time, magic kiss to erase memory, etc.). To me, the Leia Poppins scene is similar.


Mind trick, moving objects, talking to the dead, talking to the living telepathically, force lightning...all introduced in a similar way as Leia Poppins and hologram Luke.

Leia's I don't like because, to me, it makes her OP and it was a completely wasted opportunity.  I wonder if they had planned on her being more of a force user in the 9th.

#49 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 10762 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:16 AM

View PostLedRush, on 16 January 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

Leia's I don't like because, to me, it makes her OP and it was a completely wasted opportunity.  I wonder if they had planned on her being more of a force user in the 9th.

Sadly, we will never know.  I think Carrie Fisher's poor health severely limited what she could do in the films.  She was either sitting, or standing still, or giving people hugs.  All passive actions....except for when she slapped Poe.... :lol:

Leia had over 20 years to learn the ways of the Force.  It would have been great to see both Luke and Leia become powerful Jedi.

#50 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31029 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

View Posttoymaker, on 15 January 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

outrageously obvious cultural stereotypes.  I'll never understand how any of that crap got past anyone.

I have a vague recollection that one of Lucas's response to the charge of racist stereotypes was that "it takes place in a galaxy far, far away . . . how can they be racist stereotypes?"

f**k him and all three sets of his double chin. ;)

I remember some Lucas rubbish very similar to what you’re remembering.

#51 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

    The Gun Crank

  • Moderator
  • 22232 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The firing line.
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 January 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 15 January 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

outrageously obvious cultural stereotypes.  I'll never understand how any of that crap got past anyone.

I have a vague recollection that one of Lucas's response to the charge of racist stereotypes was that "it takes place in a galaxy far, far away . . . how can they be racist stereotypes?"

f**k him and all three sets of his double chin. ;)

I remember some Lucas rubbish very similar to what you’re remembering.

It's not a double chin, it's a failsauce reservoir.

#52 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

    The Gun Crank

  • Moderator
  • 22232 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The firing line.
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostLedRush, on 16 January 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 15 January 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 January 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

View Postworkingcinderellaman, on 15 January 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 15 January 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 January 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 15 January 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

Further expansion of the power to use the Force.  Enough already.

I find your lack of faith disturbing..... ;)

But seriously, isn't that what many of us wanted to see in the new Trilogy?  Luke Skywalker becoming a super-great Jedi Master, who would blow us away with near god-like powers?  To be honest, he did become like that, but not in the way that we expected.
I didn't want that at all.  For me there's a fine line between fantasy and just plain stupid.  With Tolkein, for example, the repeated rescue by eagle thing is just dumb.  With Star Wars, it seems the Force is used the same way to get the writers out of a jam.  Once it's introduced, a jedi's limitless Force power begs all kinds of questions around its selective use and curious absence in certain situations.
Which is also the problem with a lot of superhero stories. All superpowers need to be limited, otherwise, there is no conflict and no great story. Superman needs to have kryptonite. I think the main antagonist of the force is doubt. Luke has plenty of doubt in The Last Jedi which is what makes that part of the story interesting.

Good point.  Luke was full of doubt when first met Yoda, and he was again full of doubt in their last meeting.  

It’s similar to the Green Lanterns.  Their rings are only as powerful as the minds that control them.

My problem with Superman 1 & 2 is that they were pulling powers out of their ass that never existed (spinning around earth to move back time, magic kiss to erase memory, etc.). To me, the Leia Poppins scene is similar.


Mind trick, moving objects, talking to the dead, talking to the living telepathically, force lightning...all introduced in a similar way as Leia Poppins and hologram Luke.

Leia's I don't like because, to me, it makes her OP and it was a completely wasted opportunity.  I wonder if they had planned on her being more of a force user in the 9th.

Ooh, good question! That would've been awesome! It would have been cool to see a bad guy corner her only to have her force-push him into next week! :D

#53 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 25206 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

View PostJack Aubrey, on 16 January 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 16 January 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 15 January 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 January 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

View Postworkingcinderellaman, on 15 January 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 15 January 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 15 January 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 15 January 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

Further expansion of the power to use the Force.  Enough already.

I find your lack of faith disturbing..... ;)

But seriously, isn't that what many of us wanted to see in the new Trilogy?  Luke Skywalker becoming a super-great Jedi Master, who would blow us away with near god-like powers?  To be honest, he did become like that, but not in the way that we expected.
I didn't want that at all.  For me there's a fine line between fantasy and just plain stupid.  With Tolkein, for example, the repeated rescue by eagle thing is just dumb.  With Star Wars, it seems the Force is used the same way to get the writers out of a jam.  Once it's introduced, a jedi's limitless Force power begs all kinds of questions around its selective use and curious absence in certain situations.
Which is also the problem with a lot of superhero stories. All superpowers need to be limited, otherwise, there is no conflict and no great story. Superman needs to have kryptonite. I think the main antagonist of the force is doubt. Luke has plenty of doubt in The Last Jedi which is what makes that part of the story interesting.

Good point.  Luke was full of doubt when first met Yoda, and he was again full of doubt in their last meeting.  

It’s similar to the Green Lanterns.  Their rings are only as powerful as the minds that control them.

My problem with Superman 1 & 2 is that they were pulling powers out of their ass that never existed (spinning around earth to move back time, magic kiss to erase memory, etc.). To me, the Leia Poppins scene is similar.


Mind trick, moving objects, talking to the dead, talking to the living telepathically, force lightning...all introduced in a similar way as Leia Poppins and hologram Luke.

Leia's I don't like because, to me, it makes her OP and it was a completely wasted opportunity.  I wonder if they had planned on her being more of a force user in the 9th.

Ooh, good question! That would've been awesome! It would have been cool to see a bad guy corner her only to have her force-push him into next week! :D

I think that would have been far better received than Leia Poppins.  Shit, I just cheered in my mind about the scene I just made up in which it happened!

Edited by LedRush, 16 January 2018 - 09:51 AM.


#54 Wil1972

Wil1972

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1623 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alabama

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

A double attack from the Skywalker twins on Kylo and his knights! Epic... But alas...

#55 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 31065 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 15 January 2018 - 01:34 AM, said:

My list, for starters:

Pit droids
Belching CGI frogs
Gungans or any "whimsical" characters
Things that look like dinosaurs
"Diners" with roller-skating waitresses
R2 units with jet packs
Pod races
Picnics in meadows surrounded by alien hippopotomi
Darth Vader before he became Darth Vader
Yoda with a lightsabre

PORGS!!!!  FUKK!

#56 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85961 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:45 PM

The whole franchise? :huh:

#57 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6168 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:36 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 22 January 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

The whole franchise? :huh:

keep shruggin' them little shoulders and looking perplexed, little emoti-man.  Star Wars is here to stay.  f***in' spaceships.  f***in' laserbeams.  f***in' lightsabres.  Love it all . . . except the stupid crap.

#58 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31029 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:48 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 22 January 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 15 January 2018 - 01:34 AM, said:

My list, for starters:

Pit droids
Belching CGI frogs
Gungans or any "whimsical" characters
Things that look like dinosaurs
"Diners" with roller-skating waitresses
R2 units with jet packs
Pod races
Picnics in meadows surrounded by alien hippopotomi
Darth Vader before he became Darth Vader
Yoda with a lightsabre

PORGS!!!!  FUKK!

They’re barely in there you crazy bastard.

It’s not like they were used as much as the Ewoks were.

#59 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85961 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

View Posttoymaker, on 23 January 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 22 January 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

The whole franchise? :huh:

keep shruggin' them little shoulders and looking perplexed, little emoti-man.  Star Wars is here to stay.  f***in' spaceships.  f***in' laserbeams.  f***in' lightsabres.  Love it all . . . except the stupid crap.
:nya nya:

#60 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 31065 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 23 January 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 22 January 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 15 January 2018 - 01:34 AM, said:

My list, for starters:

Pit droids
Belching CGI frogs
Gungans or any "whimsical" characters
Things that look like dinosaurs
"Diners" with roller-skating waitresses
R2 units with jet packs
Pod races
Picnics in meadows surrounded by alien hippopotomi
Darth Vader before he became Darth Vader
Yoda with a lightsabre

PORGS!!!!  FUKK!

They’re barely in there you crazy bastard.

It’s not like they were used as much as the Ewoks were.

HAHAHA!!!

I hate the PORGS!  Such shit!  When they filmed on that island in Ireland they had to digitally remove all of the Puffins!  So they contacted Jim Henson's Muppet Shop and made that shit creature.

I'm sure you loved watching Luke drain that green milk from the utter or nut sack from one of those sea walruses with missing tusks.  WTF?  Sounded more like an orgasm with each squirt into Luke's baby bottle.

DUMB!

That stupid plastic fish he caught and put on his back!  GEZZUS!

And I'm crazy?

I didn't make this shit up and sell it to Disney!!

At least Wicket didn't show off his bald testicles and erect spicket!!!

"spicket" is a word that means "faucet."

Get it?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users