Ultimate Presto poll: Musically does this album belong to the 80's or 90's?

Bigbobby10

Ultimate Presto poll: Musically does this album belong to the 80's or 90's?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Ultimate Presto poll: Musically does this album belong to the 80's or 90's?

• 1980's
    • 1990's

It is a transition album of musical genius moving the listener from the late 80's into the early 90's

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

:P

which also should always be viewed with any available light

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3

It’s a timeless classic. A masterpiece. A tour de force.

This post makes me want to contribute to the Tinnitus Society. It must be hell to live with.

• Like 2

Welp, the meme continues.

Presto...90s era Rush in spirit, but early 90s era Rush...which to me sounds like they thought they were still in the 80s. I've never thought Rush recognized the 90s had begun until CP, before that...RTB has more in common with Huey Lewis and The News than Pearl Jam.

So Imma say 80s...just to be controversial and stuff. Also it was written, recorded, packaged, released, and played in the 80s so...

• Like 2

So Permanent Waves is a 70's album even though it was released in 1980 and Presto is 90's album even though it was released in 1989. Why don't we just make Hemispheres a 60's album because there's a naked hippy on the cover?
  • Like 4

So Permanent Waves is a 70's album even though it was released in 1980 and Presto is 90's album even though it was released in 1989. Why don't we just make Hemispheres a 60's album because there's a naked hippy on the cover?

I don't know about Hems, but I'm pretty sure Feedback is a 60s album.

• Like 1

I go by the actual date and leave it at that.

• Like 2

Despite your joking, many here would agree with you. And a funny footnote is that 3 of those 8 tunes weren’t even originally written and recorded in the 60s.

Sooooo, again I’m saying Clockwork Angels is an album released in the 1800s. Additionally, 2112 hasn’t even been released yet.

• Like 4

Musically, it belongs in the garbage.

I disagree but still, :LOL:

For sure early 90's. That lame ass rap says it all but man I love ROLL THE BONES!!!! Some of Neil's greatest drumming of all time is on that album.

"Bravado." Amazing.

The intro to "Face Up." Killer.

"Ghost Of A Chance" is one of the best songs ever made by RUSH.

Hell it was played at my wedding.

Oh wait.....

"I believe there's a ghost of chance you can find someone to love and make it last." Well I thought so over 21 years ago.

Now divorced happily for two years now.

Life sure as hell ain't fair.

"Roll The Bones" is a great album.

• Like 1

Permanent Waves is a 1980 masterpiece recorded in the Seventies.

• Like 3

Permanent Waves is a 1980 masterpiece recorded in the Seventies.

It's a 1979 masterpiece, a 1980 masterpiece, a 1981 masterpiece, a 1982 masterpiece, and so on, and so on. A masterpiece because of that brilliant 70s creative vibe and sound. Presto is just proof that, like bunnies, Rush was in danger of becoming plump, silky soft, twitchy, grass-nibbling vegetarians.

• Like 1

It reminds me of an 80s song. Cum On Feel the White Noise

We'll get wild, wild, wild?

Nobody ever got wild listening to Presto. Sad maybe, bored definitely, but not wild.

Presto is like listening to Hold Your Nose on a tinny transistor am radio.

...and none of that is intended to be complimentary.

But to answer the poll question: it belongs...on a skeet shooting range as one of the targets. Pull! :bang bang:

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1