Orphaned Land

Rod in Toronto

Who has heard this band? I know that treeduck likes them. They combine Arab music with metal, and the end result is intriguing, to say the least. I interviewed their vocalist here: http://lotsofmuzic.weebly.com/home/orphaned-land-vocalist-kobi-farhi-talks-about-the-new-band-upcoming-album-and-many-more

And here´s a song off the new album:

• Like 1

I know them.

I often research music from around the world, I'll pick a genre and search various nations for bands.

I've discovered a ton of music that way. Orphaned Land has a great positive unity message. The vocals don't always work for me though. It's not the quality at all, just a style I don't always get into. Sometimes I think it works great, though. Sometimes they are a bit overwrought, but they're a great band and worth checking out.

I love their logo.

For metal fans, encyclopedia mettalum is a good resource for researching bands. They have thousands, and you can search by subgenre and by nation.

Edited by Mosher
  • Like 2

I did, man...and I mentioned also your definition of their sound - "Old Testament Rifferama"

Did I say that?? :D-13:

Dude, you WROTE that!

I almost lost it during the interview when he complimented Che Guevara, but decided to hold back on that.

• Like 1

I did, man...and I mentioned also your definition of their sound - "Old Testament Rifferama"

Did I say that?? :D-13:

Dude, you WROTE that!

I almost lost it during the interview when he complimented Che Guevara, but decided to hold back on that.

Like I said I really only like that one album. I got the follow-up and was disappointed. That one album though is really good.

Mosher, please read my article and share it if you want.

That's a very good interview. It was interesting that he seemed a bit wary of being labeled as a 'peace and love' band. I get that it's still metal and retains an aggressive side, but 'ANGER ANGER ANGER' bands are a dime a dozen. There are several good ones, but I'll take a band that has something to say any day.

I did not know they change logos so frequently, the one I love is the religious symbols juxtaposed over each other. I'll pay more attention to them, maybe their style will grow on me.

I am a big fan of incorporated local musical styles into a band's music, that's part of why I explore bands from around the world in the first place (the other being that I refuse to believe that only a handful of countries have talent). So I love that they incorporate local sounds into their music, what I haven't got into as much is the symphonic aspects of the vocals and music. Many of the popular symphonic metal bands don't connect with me.

Edited by Mosher
  • Like 1