• Superconductor
    • Face Up
    • Neurotica
    • Speed of Love
    • Dog Years
    • The Stars Look Down
    • Bravest Face
    • Virtuality
  2. 2. How do you feel about a chosen song?

• I still like it, though it's the worst.
    • It's kinda OK.
    • I don't care for it (and very rarely listen it).
    • I just dislike it.
    • I loathe it!

I think Red Lenses is the worst in this group, but there are quite a few other Rush songs that I like less than that one.

I could cry red tears of blood that flow like a waterfall from my mud shot eyes.

Really?

Perhaps being a drummer since the 6th grade has tainted my so called intellectual brain.

I remember being GUP on cassette on release day at Record Factory.

I was like fuckking Elliot in ET racing home on my bike as fast as I could to hear it.

I remember hating Signals when it first came out on new release day.

So I was soooooo excited to hear the next Rush record.

I listened to the album all the way through and I fuckking fell in love after one listen.

"RED LENSES" blew my MIND!

Perhaps I am wired differently? I zone into the music of RUSH, my brain sadly tends to tune out the lyrics.

Not sure if this is why you HATE "Red Lenses." It's a masterpiece. One of my all time favorites. "The Soviets are the blues."

Love it.

The drumming so fuckking hard and fun to play too. It really makes me mad that they faded the song out the end when Neil goes fuckiing nuts.

LOVE LOVE IT!

I was 16 when I saw the GUP Tour.

I was smashed into the barrier under Geddy after many of us Rush Hooligans well "BUM RUSHED THE STAGE!" LOL!

Ged was staring down at me with a nervous face. I seriously thought they were going to stop the show.

It was fuckking incredible.

I was able to see the YYZ NEIL PEART SOLO RED LENSES sequence with my very own 16 year young eyes! I had "TEARS" in my eyes!!

BLEW MY FUCKKING MIND!

I saw the VAN HALEN 1984 that same year! Same venue COW PALACE!!! MIND BLOWN!

No wonder everyone thinks I'm on drugs and booze!!! I'm high as a fuckking kite right now! ROCK AND ROLL BABY! MY DRUG OF CHOICE!!!!

Cranking "ELECTRIC" by THE CULT!

CAPS ON BABY!

SUE ME!

You’re not on drugs. Drugs are on you.

How can drugs be on me Johnny?

I'm sitting here naked.

Cranking some 1987 Live WHITESNAKE!

Signed,

SLIDE IT IN

Hallucinogens once whispered to me, “Blaze, I need help. I’ve been on Earl for too long. Help me get off him. Please.”

• Like 1

I think Red Lenses is the worst in this group, but there are quite a few other Rush songs that I like less than that one.

I could cry red tears of blood that flow like a waterfall from my mud shot eyes.

Really?

Perhaps being a drummer since the 6th grade has tainted my so called intellectual brain.

I remember being GUP on cassette on release day at Record Factory.

I was like fuckking Elliot in ET racing home on my bike as fast as I could to hear it.

I remember hating Signals when it first came out on new release day.

So I was soooooo excited to hear the next Rush record.

I listened to the album all the way through and I fuckking fell in love after one listen.

"RED LENSES" blew my MIND!

Perhaps I am wired differently? I zone into the music of RUSH, my brain sadly tends to tune out the lyrics.

Not sure if this is why you HATE "Red Lenses." It's a masterpiece. One of my all time favorites. "The Soviets are the blues."

Love it.

The drumming so fuckking hard and fun to play too. It really makes me mad that they faded the song out the end when Neil goes fuckiing nuts.

LOVE LOVE IT!

I was 16 when I saw the GUP Tour.

I was smashed into the barrier under Geddy after many of us Rush Hooligans well "BUM RUSHED THE STAGE!" LOL!

Ged was staring down at me with a nervous face. I seriously thought they were going to stop the show.

It was fuckking incredible.

I was able to see the YYZ NEIL PEART SOLO RED LENSES sequence with my very own 16 year young eyes! I had "TEARS" in my eyes!!

BLEW MY FUCKKING MIND!

I saw the VAN HALEN 1984 that same year! Same venue COW PALACE!!! MIND BLOWN!

No wonder everyone thinks I'm on drugs and booze!!! I'm high as a fuckking kite right now! ROCK AND ROLL BABY! MY DRUG OF CHOICE!!!!

Cranking "ELECTRIC" by THE CULT!

CAPS ON BABY!

SUE ME!

You’re not on drugs. Drugs are on you.

How can drugs be on me Johnny?

I'm sitting here naked.

Cranking some 1987 Live WHITESNAKE!

Signed,

SLIDE IT IN

Hallucinogens once whispered to me, “Blaze, I need help. I’ve been on Earl for too long. Help me get off him. Please.”

Haha!

"That's what she said."

• Like 2

I rank Nobody's Hero low too. It has potential but those clunky lyrics... However I do love CP, in spite of NH and Speed of Love.

Speed of Love needs my hands gripping it firmly around its neck.

Generally, I don't care for how Ged songs the word "love". As in "looking for loooove", or"speeed of loooove".

You need to listen to "Need Some Love" from the debut. It's even worse there.

Naw, he kills it their with the primal scream approach.

"Ooo yes, I need some :haz: LOVE! :haz:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Please don't shoot me my least favorite Rush song is not on this list and thats Mystic Rhythms, that's the only Rush song I always skip

That's a good choice as far as I'm concerned.

Please don't shoot me my least favorite Rush song is not on this list and thats Mystic Rhythms, that's the only Rush song I always skip

That's a good choice as far as I'm concerned.

I don't dislike that song but I rarely listen to it or even think about it. It's a little dull compared to what came before it. But I've always given the band credit for trying new things and sound textures. Best part is the intro. Once the first verse is over I don't care to hear the rest of it lol

Good News First should be one of the choices on this poll. It's not just the lyrics, it's not just the downbeat mood on an entire album of negativity, it's Lee's awful yodel singing. "The only thing we could agree on... is it couldve been Woooorrrsseeeee......" :scared:

I don't think in over 10 years now I've even listened to that entire song start to finish. My finger was always hovering over the skip button 30 seconds into every song not named Far Cry !

• Like 2

"Rivendell" - Fly By Night

I see why for this one... not an overly impressive song.

"I Think I'm Going Bald" - Caress Of Steel

Aside from the lyrics, this song is a rocker.

"Madrigal" - A Farewell To Kings

Not one of the best ever Rush songs... definitely my least favorite on AFTK. Still a good song though. Take away this song and you got a Top 5 Rush album for me

"Red Lenses" - Grace Under Pressure

Not one of my favorites, but I don't get the hate for this one unless you hate synths.

"Emotion Detector" - Power Windows

The first song of these choices that shocked me. I love this song. Great songwriting for sure.

"Tai Shan" - Hold Your Fire

Okay, I see this one. I like how proggy this song is though... still one of my least fav Rush songs.

"Superconductor" - Presto

Again, a Presto song that doesn't do way too much for me.

"Face Up" - Roll The Bones

Yeah, this is my least fav on RTB. I don't hate any Rush songs, btw.

"Neurotica" - Roll The Bones

I personally thought this song was a jam.

"The Speed Of Love" - Counterparts

The only song from this album I would considerably put low on a tier list.

"Dog Years" - Test For Echo

Same could be said for ITIGB

"The Stars Look Down" - Vapor Trails

Soooo this is the VT song that gets to be one of the choices...? ok...

"Bravest Face" - Snakes & Arrows

Why though?

"Virtuality" - Test For Echo

As I said for ITIGB...

Here's some songs I am surprised aren't on here for choices (though I wouldn't put some of these at the bottom of my ranking lists)

"Need Some Love" - Rush

"In The Mood" - Rush (I see why)

"Vital Signs" - Moving Pictures (lots of people on the forums hate this song for some reason...)

"Losing It" - Signals (don't see why)

"Kid Gloves" - Grace Under Pressure (this song rocks hard)

"Middletown Dreams" - Power Windows (y'know for synth haters?)

"Anagram (For Mongo)" - Presto (this song gets lots of crap thrown at it)

"Roll The Bones" - Roll The Bones (I see why)

"The Color Of Right" - Test For Echo

"BU2B2" - Clockwork Angels

Edited by _hi_water._

Face Up is weak by any definition of the word when compared to the canon of their work.

Appalling song as far as I am concerned. What were they thinking?

• Like 1

My personal least favorite Rush song isn't on this list, and I don't normally like talking about it because it makes people mad.

But Rivendell (AKA "Sleep Fuel" AKA "Geddy Lee ASMR") takes the cake. That song is awful. Id like it just a tad better if the lyrics were "Lying in the warm grass, Feel the sun upon your ASS"

Faithless/Bravest Face/Good News First is the unholy trilogy of yuckaroo crud from late period Rush. And in my opinion, why hiring a big fanboy like Nick R to produce was a mistake because I highly doubt he would've had the balls to tell them those songs were lackluster at best
  • Like 1

To me the difference between Dog Years and Virtuality, both of which receive a lot of "support" on this thread is that Dog Years is quite obviously meant as humor (humor I enjoy btw) while Virtuality isn't. As someone who like T4E (yes, even Half The World) I just skip Virtuality I find it so banal. Dog Years however, I relish for the humor and listen every time I play the album.

To me the difference between Dog Years and Virtuality, both of which receive a lot of "support" on this thread is that Dog Years is quite obviously meant as humor (humor I enjoy btw) while Virtuality isn't. As someone who like T4E (yes, even Half The World) I just skip Virtuality I find it so banal. Dog Years however, I relish for the humor and listen every time I play the album.

:goodone:

Faithless/Bravest Face/Good News First is the unholy trilogy of yuckaroo crud from late period Rush. And in my opinion, why hiring a big fanboy like Nick R to produce was a mistake because I highly doubt he would've had the balls to tell them those songs were lackluster at best

what's wrong with Faithless?

Boring music, preachy lyrics. Bottom five for sure.

Boring music, preachy lyrics. Bottom five for sure.

ooof I disagree... but hey we all have opinions
  • Like 1

For me, it's I Think I'm Going Bald.

I rank Nobody's Hero low too. It has potential but those clunky lyrics... However I do love CP, in spite of NH and Speed of Love.

Speed of Love needs my hands gripping it firmly around its neck.

Generally, I don't care for how Ged songs the word "love". As in "looking for loooove", or"speeed of loooove".

You need to listen to "Need Some Love" from the debut. It's even worse there.

Naw, he kills it their with the primal scream approach.

"Ooo yes, I need some :haz: LOVE! :haz:

that song kicks ass, but it needs to be longer

Toss up between Rivendell and The Speed of Love. Went with TSoL because it’s just…boring. Rivendell at least sounds kind of pretty. Sometimes. When I don’t skip it. Which is…like, never.
  • Like 1