Saturday Night Live

Indica

For those who like SNL I'm reminding ya that the new Season starts tonight. I love the show but I don't usually watch ones I've seen before a whole lot unless they have a good band that night.

New Show tonight applaudit.gif

Tom Hanks & Red Hot Chili Peppers 653.gif

Saturday Night Live sucks now and the credibility went to Hell after 1999 or whenever it was. The original cast(Aykroyd, Chase, Belushi) and many great comedic actors got their start(Eddie Murphy, Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, David Spade and so on) but since Chris Farley died the show has gone south.

Very rarely have there been great musical guests since the old days.

Many classic bands appeared betwen 1975 and 1992 or 93

George Harrison and Paul Simon duetting on Homeward Bound in 1976(better than the Simon and Garfunkel version by a longshot)

The Rolling Stones in 1978

Queen did Crazy Little Thing Called Love in 1982 and Freddie Mercury's voice cracked towards the end but still rocked plus Under Pressure

David Gilmour appeared playing an improvised instrumental he wrote called Song For My Sara(was known in Pink Floyd ROIO trading circles as Ah Robertson It's You but Gilmour stated the instrumental is called Song For My Sara) with The Saturday Night Live Band in December of 1987(the night after Pink Floyd's Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour's first US leg ended) and he was one of two musical guests on that episode(the other was Buster Poindexter a/k/a David Johansen)

I'm watching this piece of garbage hoping it's going to get better.

And trying to decide if last week's cartoon episode was worse than this week's.

Time to find something else to watch on Saturday nights @ 11:30, this show has gone into the toilet.

Chili Peppers on now. So far, the sketches have been terrible. How many times did Hanks and Armisen say "Ma!" in the last one?

Ugh.

Only had a giggle or two so far ... Chili peppers on now .. Anthony looks a little thicker than normal ... but it could be the vest.

they rocked it pretty well!!!

QUOTE (ES-335 @ May 6 2006, 11:14 PM)
Only had a giggle or two so far ... Chili peppers on now .. Anthony looks a little thicker than normal ... but it could be the vest.

Hey, Lee!!!

Good to see you. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 6 2006, 11:17 PM)

Hey, Lee!!!

Hello my brown eyed beauty!!!

wub.gif

Now that one took the cake, the two Dr's "debating" that sounded like a couple of yappy little dogs.

That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen on SNL. Remote in hand, I am looking for something else to watch. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ May 6 2006, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 6 2006, 11:17 PM)

Hey, Lee!!!

Hello my brown eyed beauty!!!

wub.gif

biggrin.gif

Chili Peppers doing "Give It Away"!!!

1022.gif

I've been watching this show every week for the past month. I really enjoyed seeing Jim Carrey play Joe Biden. I also loved Jack White's set where he played a guitar that Eddie Van Halen designed. I'm looking forward to seeing the Foo Fighters perform tonight. They're one of my favorite bands, but I've never been able to see them live.
  • Like 1

I've been watching this show every week for the past month. I really enjoyed seeing Jim Carrey play Joe Biden. I also loved Jack White's set where he played a guitar that Eddie Van Halen designed. I'm looking forward to seeing the Foo Fighters perform tonight. They're one of my favorite bands, but I've never been able to see them live.

They just finished their album. It's just been put on hold because of COVID. They're my cousin in law's favorite band as well.

In regards to what happened today, it will be the first time I watched since Eddie Murphy hosted last year. Looking forward to this Weekend Update with Scar Jo's third husband.

fVmANm8.gif

Personally I am a fan of vintage SNL, Especially when they parodied Commercials, One thing I did not realize is that Chris Parnell goes back to the 1990s.

As for current day SNL, I only watch for the political sketches, I especially loved the sketch where Melissa McCarthy impersonates Sean Spicer.

Personally I am a fan of vintage SNL, Especially when they parodied Commercials, One thing I did not realize is that Chris Parnell goes back to the 1990s.

As for current day SNL, I only watch for the political sketches, I especially loved the sketch where Melissa McCarthy impersonates Sean Spicer.

Those are pretty funny

What’s “vintage”? I consider Belushi, Ackroyd, Chase and those guys to be vintage SNL. Anything 90s onwards would be the next generation or even the third generation.