Why are amazon so slow these days?

treeduck

Another thing about amazon too, if you put something in your basket for later when you come back you often find the price has gone up and sometimes wayyyy up. And prices have gone up in general on this site the last few years.

If you look, there are programs for your computer that automatically search for the best price on things you search for...

EPatkD7.gif

Don't worry I've found them, I have quite a few options. I'm just pointing out how amazon used to be good but not so much anymore.

• Like 1

Another thing about amazon too, if you put something in your basket for later when you come back you often find the price has gone up and sometimes wayyyy up. And prices have gone up in general on this site the last few years.

If you look, there are programs for your computer that automatically search for the best price on things you search for...

EPatkD7.gif

Don't worry I've found them, I have quite a few options. I'm just pointing out how amazon used to be good but not so much anymore.

Yeah, I'm just saying I've not noticed that in my experience yet! lol

fczLoPg.gif

I just ordered 2 comic books from Amazon. I have not bought anything from Amazon in years, but these comics books are hard to find, because they are rare, and I was lucky to find them on Amazon. (Lita Ford and Ozzy Osbourne comic books from 1993). It was a outside seller tho, so not sure how long time it will take.

... an avid small store shopper here in our town. I buy a lot of things from family owned shops; it seems like they have all made an effort to have unique merchandise, free gift wrapping etc. that you don't get on Amazon. I think it's the chain stores like JC Penney, etc. that don't really offer stand out things that are endangered.

I shop locally the same way, but never go to the big department stores. Good riddance to them, with their jacking up of prices so they can offer fake "discounts".
  • Like 2

This thread made me check on an order I placed on 27 December.

It said in stock when I ordered, and is still in stock and is sold and shipped directly from Amazon.

It still has not been shipped.

They'll send it when you pay the $5 postage!

• Like 1

It said in stock when I ordered, and is still in stock and is sold and shipped directly from Amazon.

I wonder if I made the same purchase and paid for standard shipping if it would have arrived by now?

Another thing they started doing is if you see a box set available, it'll say CD comes with free "Autorip" digital copy. What they fail to mention is many times it means just the original CD release and not the entire set. Kind of tricky and somewhat misleading.

I wonder if I made the same purchase and paid for standard shipping if it would have arrived by now?

It would have.

• Like 1

Another thing they started doing is if you see a box set available, it'll say CD comes with free "Autorip" digital copy. What they fail to mention is many times it means just the original CD release and not the entire set. Kind of tricky and somewhat misleading.

They also seem to only feature the most expensive edition on new releases until after the release date.

Most sellers sell on multiple sites so very hard to keep a proper track on in stock inventory. As far as delays, a lot of the items are coming direct from the factory in China now.

Most sellers sell on multiple sites so very hard to keep a proper track on in stock inventory. As far as delays, a lot of the items are coming direct from the factory in China now.

Are you speaking to me from Tianjin?

He's angry with Amazon too. He's not trying to create any special effects.

He's just disappointed that it took them a whole year to ship his new hammer.

thor-the-dark-world.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

• Like 1

I'm just about to make a purchase on amazon and I made sure to have enough in my basket to ensure free delivery (as usual). All items are "in stock" and yet the "estimated delivery" is 19 January. 19 January?? For in stock items? What are they doing manufacturing the items themselves? I could get my items quicker if I traveled all the way to the amazon warehouse by ant sledge. These guys are starting to act like they're the only game in town but they aren't! :madra:

Joining PRIME on Amazon, almost everytime delivers in 2 days...been with that program for years now....

And there it is -- the probable reason why Amazon's regular shipping is so slow nowadays. They really really want you to spend the extra money to join PRIME. They're pushing it big time these days, and making the regular shipping slower might entice you to upgrade. They figure people now rely on Amazon for everyday items and want them as soon as possible, and because Amazon is huge and greedy, they want you to pay a premium for what should be normal shipping costs.

Tick is right, they're getting so huge that they feel they can do whatever they want. Nowadays I buy from Amazon only if I can't get it somewhere else.

• Like 3

I'm just about to make a purchase on amazon and I made sure to have enough in my basket to ensure free delivery (as usual). All items are "in stock" and yet the "estimated delivery" is 19 January. 19 January?? For in stock items? What are they doing manufacturing the items themselves? I could get my items quicker if I traveled all the way to the amazon warehouse by ant sledge. These guys are starting to act like they're the only game in town but they aren't! :madra:

Joining PRIME on Amazon, almost everytime delivers in 2 days...been with that program for years now....

And there it is -- the probable reason why Amazon's regular shipping is so slow nowadays. They really really want you to spend the extra money to join PRIME. They're pushing it big time these days, and making the regular shipping slower might entice you to upgrade. They figure people now rely on Amazon for everyday items and want them as soon as possible, and because Amazon is huge and greedy, they want you to pay a premium for what should be normal shipping costs.

Tick is right, they're getting so huge that they feel they can do whatever they want. Nowadays I buy from Amazon only if I can't get it somewhere else.

If anyone comes up with FREE TWO DAY shipping, let me know, K?

y4xjWfF.gif

If anyone comes up with FREE TWO DAY shipping, let me know, K?

y4xjWfF.gif

PRIME isn't free, right? What's it cost per month?