Jump to content


Why are amazon so slow these days?

to hell with goodhell to hell with amazon

  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

I'm just about to make a purchase on amazon and I made sure to have enough in my basket to ensure free delivery (as usual). All items are "in stock" and yet the "estimated delivery" is 19 January. 19 January?? For in stock items? What are they doing manufacturing the items themselves? I could get my items quicker if I traveled all the way to the amazon warehouse by ant sledge. These guys are starting to act like they're the only game in town but they aren't! :madra:

Sponsored Post

#2 Tick

Tick

    Mr: 26,000!!!

  • Members *
  • 26414 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm not in this stove!
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

Amazon is the devil!

They are killing jobs, buying out everything, and monopolizing the industry.

Mark my words....

Amazon will take over just about everything and it won't be good for anyone.

#3 By Tor

By Tor

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 675 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester. UK.
  • Interests:Music, Live Music , Films , Books , Football and all things Sci Fi .

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:40 PM

I love Amazon
Sorry :huh:

It has been a busy few weeks , so I guess it is going to slow delivery down

Just before x mas I ordered an album on Saturday afternoon , it came Sunday morning :cool:

Edited by By Tor, 03 January 2018 - 03:42 PM.


#4 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

View PostBy Tor, on 03 January 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

I love Amazon
Sorry :huh:

It has been a busy few weeks , so I guess it is going to slow delivery down

Just before x mas I ordered an album on Saturday afternoon , it came Sunday morning :cool:
What album was it??

#5 Tick

Tick

    Mr: 26,000!!!

  • Members *
  • 26414 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm not in this stove!
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

View PostBy Tor, on 03 January 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

I love Amazon
Sorry :huh:

It has been a busy few weeks , so I guess it is going to slow delivery down

Just before x mas I ordered an album on Saturday afternoon , it came Sunday morning :cool:
Love them all you want. They are becoming way too powerful. I know some inside industry people that are quite alarmed by what they are doing. The have the retailer Target in there sights as another giant they are going after. To be that big a player on the world stage is not a good thing in the long run.

#6 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

Slightly off topic...

Here's an album Tick would enjoy, he even used to look like one of this band!



#7 By Tor

By Tor

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 675 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester. UK.
  • Interests:Music, Live Music , Films , Books , Football and all things Sci Fi .

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 03 January 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostBy Tor, on 03 January 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

I love Amazon
Sorry :huh:

It has been a busy few weeks , so I guess it is going to slow delivery down

Just before x mas I ordered an album on Saturday afternoon , it came Sunday morning :cool:
What album was it??

The Narcissist - Dean Blunt . Vinyl
As you may gather , its not a album you can pick up in your local naff HMV shop
So you got to tip your hat to the Devil

You , as like me are getting on a bit and the world has moved very quick into the big WWW world
If you are disabled and unable to travel 10 miles just to get a record shop , that has very little choices and most of the time they tell you to
Look on line
It really is a blessing

I`m not disabled and the album was`nt for me by the way  :eyeroll:

#8 Tick

Tick

    Mr: 26,000!!!

  • Members *
  • 26414 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm not in this stove!
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:55 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 03 January 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Slightly off topic...

Here's an album Tick would enjoy, he even used to look like one of this band!


Dude, your user name should be "Slightly Off Topic"!

#9 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

View PostTick, on 03 January 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

View PostBy Tor, on 03 January 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

I love Amazon
Sorry :huh:

It has been a busy few weeks , so I guess it is going to slow delivery down

Just before x mas I ordered an album on Saturday afternoon , it came Sunday morning :cool:
Love them all you want. They are becoming way too powerful. I know some inside industry people that are quite alarmed by what they are doing. The have the retailer Target in there sights as another giant they are going after. To be that big a player on the world stage is not a good thing in the long run.
They're eventually going to change their name to amaDOM...

#10 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 6160 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

"ant sledge" !   :lol:  :lol:  

Posted Image

#11 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

View PostBy Tor, on 03 January 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 03 January 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostBy Tor, on 03 January 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

I love Amazon
Sorry :huh:

It has been a busy few weeks , so I guess it is going to slow delivery down

Just before x mas I ordered an album on Saturday afternoon , it came Sunday morning :cool:
What album was it??

The Narcissist - Dean Blunt . Vinyl
As you may gather , its not a album you can pick up in your local naff HMV shop
So you got to tip your hat to the Devil

You , as like me are getting on a bit and the world has moved very quick into the big WWW world
If you are disabled and unable to travel 10 miles just to get a record shop , that has very little choices and most of the time they tell you to
Look on line
It really is a blessing

I`m not disabled and the album was`nt for me by the way  :eyeroll:
What do you mean I'm getting on a bit!?? I'm young, feisty and ready for action! I'm YEARS before my prime! :smoke:

#12 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:59 PM

View Postblueschica, on 03 January 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

"ant sledge" !   :lol:  :lol:  

Posted Image
It's going to be a popular mode of transport in the future for amazon. I think I've given them ideas... :eyeroll: :eh:

#13 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

View PostTick, on 03 January 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 03 January 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Slightly off topic...

Here's an album Tick would enjoy, he even used to look like one of this band!


Dude, your user name should be "Slightly Off Topic"!
Aye! :D-13:

#14 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 6160 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

But seriously, I have noticed the same thing with Amazon US.  At Thanksgiving I ordered some towels and a blanket way before I needed them.  They were promised in two days.  I got them FIVE days later, after all our guests had left.  They extended my Prime by a month after I beefed about it but it was a big pain.  And yesterday afternoon I was looking at something and they said 2 day delivery would be Friday afternoon.  How is Tuesday to Friday two days?

I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon because I worry about the same things Tick does; but if anything,  guilt over using Amazon has made me an avid small store shopper here in our town.  I buy a lot of things from family owned shops; it seems like they have all made an effort to have unique merchandise, free gift wrapping etc. that you don't get on Amazon.  I think it's the chain stores like JC Penney, etc. that don't really offer stand out things that are endangered.  We have an independent bookstore here (the only one in the county)  that a lot of people go to because of the owner's knowledge and because they have a really cute cat!  :lol:

#15 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 13808 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Out in the alley

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 03 January 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 03 January 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

"ant sledge" !   :lol:  :lol:  

Posted Image
It's going to be a popular mode of transport in the future for amazon. I think I've given them ideas... :eyeroll: :eh:
Oh, that's what they meant by things being delivered by drones...that explains it all!

#16 By Tor

By Tor

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 675 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester. UK.
  • Interests:Music, Live Music , Films , Books , Football and all things Sci Fi .

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 03 January 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostBy Tor, on 03 January 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 03 January 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostBy Tor, on 03 January 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

I love Amazon
Sorry :huh:

It has been a busy few weeks , so I guess it is going to slow delivery down

Just before x mas I ordered an album on Saturday afternoon , it came Sunday morning :cool:
What album was it??

The Narcissist - Dean Blunt . Vinyl
As you may gather , its not a album you can pick up in your local naff HMV shop
So you got to tip your hat to the Devil

You , as like me are getting on a bit and the world has moved very quick into the big WWW world
If you are disabled and unable to travel 10 miles just to get a record shop , that has very little choices and most of the time they tell you to
Look on line
It really is a blessing

I`m not disabled and the album was`nt for me by the way  :eyeroll:
What do you mean I'm getting on a bit!?? I'm young, feisty and ready for action! I'm YEARS before my prime! :smoke:

Yeh , sorry Treeduck , the second bit was meant for Tick

You should`nt have much trouble with delivery as us Manc`s have one on our doorstep ( Near the airport lad )
When you ever fancy a pint in the Salisbury , give us a shout .
Be nice to meet a felllow Manc Rush fan . :D

Edited by By Tor, 03 January 2018 - 04:13 PM.


#17 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

View Postblueschica, on 03 January 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

But seriously, I have noticed the same thing with Amazon US.  At Thanksgiving I ordered some towels and a blanket way before I needed them.  They were promised in two days.  I got them FIVE days later, after all our guests had left.  They extended my Prime by a month after I beefed about it but it was a big pain.  And yesterday afternoon I was looking at something and they said 2 day delivery would be Friday afternoon.  How is Tuesday to Friday two days?

I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon because I worry about the same things Tick does; but if anything,  guilt over using Amazon has made me an avid small store shopper here in our town.  I buy a lot of things from family owned shops; it seems like they have all made an effort to have unique merchandise, free gift wrapping etc. that you don't get on Amazon.  I think it's the chain stores like JC Penney, etc. that don't really offer stand out things that are endangered.  We have an independent bookstore here (the only one in the county)  that a lot of people go to because of the owner's knowledge and because they have a really cute cat!  :lol:
I'd probably scare that cat if I walked in... :pussy: :o :smoke:

#18 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

AND...How it now when I search for an image on google images all the relevant images are watermarked and generally f***ed up? If I go to advanced search and get free to use images only, I get NOTHING to do with what I typed in the search box?  :wtf:

Google and amazon = Big Brother

#19 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 85496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

View PostBy Tor, on 03 January 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 03 January 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostBy Tor, on 03 January 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 03 January 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostBy Tor, on 03 January 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

I love Amazon
Sorry :huh:

It has been a busy few weeks , so I guess it is going to slow delivery down

Just before x mas I ordered an album on Saturday afternoon , it came Sunday morning :cool:
What album was it??

The Narcissist - Dean Blunt . Vinyl
As you may gather , its not a album you can pick up in your local naff HMV shop
So you got to tip your hat to the Devil

You , as like me are getting on a bit and the world has moved very quick into the big WWW world
If you are disabled and unable to travel 10 miles just to get a record shop , that has very little choices and most of the time they tell you to
Look on line
It really is a blessing

I`m not disabled and the album was`nt for me by the way  :eyeroll:
What do you mean I'm getting on a bit!?? I'm young, feisty and ready for action! I'm YEARS before my prime! :smoke:

Yeh , sorry Treeduck , the second bit was meant for Tick

You should`nt have much trouble with delivery as us Manc`s have one on our doorstep ( Near the airport lad )
When you ever fancy a pint in the Salisbury , give us a shout .
Be nice to meet a felllow Manc Rush fan . :D
Ha ha yeah, that's right Tick is past it! He can barely BREATHE when he gets up in the morning! And it takes him two hours to get up after finishing a meal, he's heading for a pipe and slippers retirement fast! :codger:

#20 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 13808 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Out in the alley

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: to hell with goodhell, to hell with amazon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users