Black Monday 2018

laughedatbytime

I'd loves me some Bill Cowher for the Lions. But he's been out of coaching since 2006 and would be nuts to take the Lions job just for a salary grab. Everyone knows the Lions HC job is the Cygnus X-1 (black hole) of coaching jobs.

Why would Gruden give up his cushy gig to go back to the Raiders? I know it’s being reported they want him, but is there any indication Gruden wants the job? Or would even consider it?

For part ownership of the team. At least that's the rumor.

He’d be foolish to go back. I’m sure he makes plenty of money now, and no headaches.

If Davis gave him a 2% stake in the team that would be worth $50 million. And rising.

Why would Gruden give up his cushy gig to go back to the Raiders? I know it’s being reported they want him, but is there any indication Gruden wants the job? Or would even consider it?

He’d be foolish to go back. I’m sure he makes plenty of money now, and no headaches.

If Davis gave him a 2% stake in the team that would be worth $50 million. And rising.

How much does he make not to work the hours and deal with the BS now?

How much does he make not to work the hours and deal with the BS now?

I've heard $10 million a year.

Edit. It appears to be $6.5 m per annum.

Edited by laughedatbytime

You just don’t get it. There is something really special about legitimately winning a Super Bowl.

• Like 1

You just don’t get it. There is something really special about legitimately winning a Super Bowl.

:eyeroll:

I think Gruden's problem is thinking the game has fundamentally changed since he left. Sure, when he left the league had no idea of what a pass was and now they have no idea of what a catch is, but he's missing the big picture, what hasn't changed, who the rules and calls are benefiting.

Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose

Or is it "and it (the river) goes on and on and on"?

• Like 1

I think Gruden's problem is thinking the game has fundamentally changed since he left. Sure, when he left the league had no idea of what a pass was and now they have no idea of what a catch is, but he's missing the big picture, what hasn't changed, who the rules and calls are benefiting.

Maybe they should appoint a special counsel to look into this. The Patriots have won at least 12 games the last 8 seasons. This century they have won less than 10 games only once, and exactly 10 games once. They have won 5 Super Bowls. They have been in the last 6 AFC Championships. Like Hillary's supporters, their detractors only want to create the impression that's there's some untoward reason that's happened in mush brains.

44 seasons and counting.

Maybe they should appoint a special counsel to look into this. The Patriots have won at least 12 games the last 8 seasons. This century they have won less than 10 games only once, and exactly 10 games once. They have won 5 Super Bowls. They have been in the last 6 AFC Championships. Like Hillary's supporters, their detractors only want to create the impression that's there's some untoward reason that's happened in mush brains.

44 seasons and counting.

you know.

You may put on your Bravest Face, but you know.

And it's gonna take some extra help with the way Brady's been throwing the ball lately.

44 seasons and counting.

you know.

And it's gonna take some extra help with the way Brady's been throwing the ball lately.

He has struggled of late, true. Just as he did in the Super Bowl last year for about 3 full quarters.

I'm not sure they can beat Pittsburgh again this year though.

• Like 1

44 seasons and counting.

you know.

He has struggled of late, true. Just as he did in the Super Bowl last year for about 3 full quarters.

This means you're picking Buffalo to beat Jacksonville, right?

44 seasons and counting.

you know.

Jacksonville’s D is probably too tough.

44 seasons and counting.

you know.

Jacksonville’s D is probably too tough.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Fox fixed the locker room after the Marc Trestman disaster and I give him credit for that. Our backfield is looking promising with Trubisky, Howard, and Cohen, and Vic Fangio is an awesome DC.

Stupid redditors think Chicago will be able to get Harbaugh out of Michigan to come be our savior. Not gonna happen.

• Like 1

Fox fixed the locker room after the Marc Trestman disaster and I give him credit for that. Our backfield is looking promising with Trubisky, Howard, and Cohen, and Vic Fangio is an awesome DC.

Stupid redditors think Chicago will be able to get Harbaugh out of Michigan to come be our savior. Not gonna happen.

Will Fangio break your heart and join the Packers? Lots of Packer fans want it to happen! :LOL:

Don't be so sure, BC. Methinks the shine is off the Harbaugh mystique in Ann Arbor. Another loss to MSU and/or OSU, and Jimmy might get the boot. Edited by pjbear05

Along with GM Ted Thompson stepping down to be a Senior Advisor, the Packers have made the following changes so far:

Out:

Defensive coordinator Dom Capers

Assistant linebackers coach Scott McCurley

Defensive line coach Mike Trgovac

Offensive Coordinator Edgar Bennett

Quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt

McCarthy will be staying, as his contract was extended thru 2019.

There is always the possibility that the new GM will decide to let McCarthy go after the 2018 season.