POLL: 7th track on each Rush studio album from 21st century

Texas King

POLL: 7th track on each Rush studio album from 21st century  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the 7th track from Rush studio albums of 21st century

• Vapor Trail (VT)
    • The Way the Wind Blows (S&A)
    • Seven Cities of Gold (CA)
  2. 2. Which grade would you give to a chosen track?

7COG.

VT is ok at best, and TWTWB is as full musically as it is preachy lyrically...it's easily in the bottom 10 of the entire catalog.

Thought about The Way The Wind Blows, always struck me as a solid deep cut. But that bassline in Seven Cities is to die for. A for being on their best album since Signals.
  • Like 1

I really liked 7COG when it first came out, but I grew tired of it. TBH, I havent listened to anything off of Clockwork Angels in probably 2 years. Vapor Trail has a few really good moments that make me dial it up on a fairly regular basis. The Way the Wind Blows sucks IMO

Vapor Trail has grown on me over the years. When I first got the album it "went right by me" so to speak. Now I rate it. So that's probably the one. I also like Seven Cities. Where the Wind Blows is ok but it's probably the weakest of the three to my mind.

7COG---B

VT--C+

TWTWB--F

:LOL:

I’m imagining an emphatic “F” being typed. :LOL:

With as much emphasis as can be mustered about such an archetype of dullness. Even Anagram (for Mongo) had some semiclever aspects associated with it

• Like 1

They're all d's. I'd rather listen to a mistuned fittle than vapetrail. I hated "the way the willows blow" video. I didn't get "seven cities" ... but my bad ... I didn't read the novel. I did like the cover of "Shapes Of Things"
  • Like 1

The Way the Wind Blows - A

The contrast of gritty heaviness in the verse and gentle serenity in the refrain is fantastic. Possibly my favorite track on S&A, and especially great to hear live.

Vapor Trail - B-

Sort of a depressing track, definitely on point to its subject matter. Still, it feels one-note; amid an album about rising from the ashes, this one lives in its despair.

Seven Cities of Gold - C

My least favorite track on CA, one I usually skip. Repetative and uninteresting. Aside from Geddy's killer bass work (which is on point through most of CA) it has very little to pull me in.

The Way The Wind Blows versus two bad songs, one of which is the worst song on a mediocre album. The Way The Wind Blows is in my Top 10 RUSH songs of all times!

Vapor Trail: C-

The Way the Wind Blows: A+

Seven Cities of Gold: F

Edited by diatribein

The Way The Wind Blows versus two bad songs, one of which is the worst song on a mediocre album. The Way The Wind Blows is in my Top 10 RUSH songs of all times!

I dig it, too.
  • Like 1

Vapor Trail. It has to grow on you, but it is a high quality track.

Well, that same thing applies to many other songs on Vapor Trails