Upcoming Star Wars spin-off movies

JohnnyBlaze

Star Wars spinoff movies   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Wars spin-off movie would you like to see the most?

• Han Solo
    • Obi Wan Kenobi
    • Boba Fett
    • (Other)
    • They should just stick to the main Star Wars films.

So the Han Solo flick is set to hit the cinemas in less than half a year. What do you think about that?

As far as other characters such as Kenobi and Boba Fett, there’s been chatter but nothing set as far as I know (I don’t read spoiler stuff or dig too deeply tbh). Would you like to see those?

Others?

None of them?

Anything in particular you’d like to see? Or who you’d like to write, direct, or cast?

Most excited for Boba, especially since I've heard they had some late game major issues with the han movie and idk if it's gonna turn out that well anymore.

I read a whole book on Obi-wan's backstory once. Granted that was before Disney nixed the entire EU cannon, but Boba just seems like the guy that could use his own movie.

I have very little interest in any of those films, as they focus on a specific character.

Rogue One was great because it focused on a major event in the Star Wars story - the theft of the plans for the Death Star. If Disney wants to make another Star Wars film, then it should be about another part of the story. Perhaps the formation of the Clone army and the rise of Darth Sidious, or the Great Jedi Purge after Episode III.

• Like 5

I have very little interest in any of those films, as they focus on a specific character.

Rogue One was great because it focused on a major event in the Star Wars story - the theft of the plans for the Death Star. If Disney wants to make another Star Wars film, then it should be about another part of the story. Perhaps the formation of the Clone army and the rise of Darth Sidious, or the Great Jedi Purge after Episode III.

I’d go for something focused on a major Star Wars event before one on a specific character. Rogue One was a very good surprise for me as I didn’t expect too much at all. And actually, I didn’t even know what the storyline was when I walked into the theater.

However, I’ve got zero interest in any Clone crap.

And wouldn’t a movie on the rise of Sidious be the thing you’re not interested in? — focus on a specific character.

As for the Great Jedi Purge, I don’t even know what that is.

I’m not sure what major SW event I’d be interested in.

Most excited for Boba, especially since I've heard they had some late game major issues with the han movie and idk if it's gonna turn out that well anymore.

I read a whole book on Obi-wan's backstory once. Granted that was before Disney nixed the entire EU cannon, but Boba just seems like the guy that could use his own movie.

I don’t think I’d want a Boba movie as it’d take away from his sense of mystery.

A similar thing happened to Marvel’s Wolverine. Nothing was known about his history when he first came on to the scene. It’s a big part of why he was cool. But a decade or so after that, different Marvel writers slowly started to give pieces of his backstory. This was spread out over the following few decades. And the more story they told, they less mysterious Wolverine became. As a result, the less cool he became too.

I’d guess the same thing would happen with Boba Fett.

I’d go for something focused on a major Star Wars event before one on a specific character. Rogue One was a very good surprise for me as I didn’t expect too much at all. And actually, I didn’t even know what the storyline was when I walked into the theater.

And wouldn’t a movie on the rise of Sidious be the thing you’re not interested in? — focus on a specific character.

I was thinking of the overall rise of the Sith and their Clone army. It could feature Darth Plageuis, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Jango Fett and the Clone makers, etc. The Great Jedi Purge would be Darth Vader hunting down the rest of the Jedi throughout the galaxy I'm sure such films will never happen, so we're safe. :LOL:

• Like 2

I was thinking of the overall rise of the Sith and their Clone army. It could feature Darth Plageuis, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Jango Fett and the Clone makers, etc. The Great Jedi Purge would be Darth Vader hunting down the rest of the Jedi throughout the galaxy I'm sure such films will never happen, so we're safe. :LOL:

Sidious/Palpatine has had more than enough screen time so I’m good with leaving him be.

Maul and Jango Fett & Clone Makers I’m not interested in one bit.

Plagueis I had to look up and be reminded who he was.

The Great Jedi Purge sounds potentially interesting enough. I’d be more interested in that than the three names in the poll anyway.

Sort of on topic. I read somewhere that Ron Howard basically reshot the entire Solo film.

Overall, I like Howard as a director but having to do that doesn’t sound good.

No it doesn't. However, if there was a director who knows movies it's him. Orginally, Lucas approached him for either the pre-quels or RTJ...not sure. Anyway, that guy can direct.
  • Like 1

Knights Of The Old Republic.

Nuff said.

• Like 2

A bold and much welcome move would be for someone to completely re-imagine the whole rise of Darth Vader thing, as if the prequels didn't exist.

Scene 1:

A malevolent force moves through the galaxy - sort of like your green glowing sphere from Heavy Metal - it is looking for a place teeming with life that it can corrupt and grow in power, and settles on Dagobah. It crashes into a swamp and burrows beneath a gnarly looking tree. Strange, pointy-eared creatures with olive green skin come close to investigate and many of them are killed by lightning that shoots out from the hole - all but one, a young creature who instinctively summons a more positive energy and manages to create an energy barrier around the tree that keeps the malevolence trapped inside. Unknown to Yoda, however, another of his species has crept away, having absorbed the brunt of the dark force. He is weakened for now, but uses his power to create a way off the planet, after which he finds a younger, stronger body to corrupt with the darkness - this becomes the first Lord of the Sith.

Scene 2:

Centuries pass. In the meantime, Yoda puts out a call to anyone who has the instinct for the force to come to Dagobah to train. The Jedi are born. Each must travel into the tree to confront his or her worst fear. Because the Sith never confront their worst fears, they become the embodiment of those fears.

Scene 3: a young pilot named Skywalker grows moodier by the day after constant rebukes from his superior officers. His best friend Obi Wan Kenobi, recently returned from Dagobah, senses his force instinct and tries to help by training him, giving him a focus. This backfires, ultimately. . .

Scene 4: Skywalker's latest mission is to pilot a government official named Palpatine, who gets him to open up about himself on the journey. This begins a mentorship that will forever change Skywalker, as Palpatine has dark plans to seize control of the galaxy by brainwashing Republic soldiers. These soldiers will become known as "clones" because they are all programmed with the same impulse: to obey without question and fight to the death.

And it goes on from there. A few years go by, and the war starts. Skywalker has one last night with his wife before leaving for the war. He will never see his wife again nor know until much later that he is a father. Keep the fight scene with Kenobi at the foot of the volcano, but tone it the f**k down; just make it a cool fight without all the goddamned leaping about.

Near the end of the movie, after Skywalker's transformation into Vader, Kenobi goes to Tatooine with the infant Luke, and we cut to an imperial camp where creatures of various species are forced to do hard labor. One of these workers is a wookie, who catches the eye of a young kid named Han Solo. After Solo witnesses some particularly brutal treatment of the wookie, he devises a plan to free him. First, though, he needs a ship. His buddy Lando's dad has a freighter sitting in a junk yard that's barely flyable, but maybe with some modifications . . . Solo just needs a plan to make that ship his ship. He's heard of some gangsters on Tatooine that pay good money for smuggling jobs.

• Like 2

A bold and much welcome move would be for someone to completely re-imagine the whole rise of Darth Vader thing, as if the prequels didn't exist.

Scene 1:

A malevolent force moves through the galaxy - sort of like your green glowing sphere from Heavy Metal - it is looking for a place teeming with life that it can corrupt and grow in power, and settles on Dagobah. It crashes into a swamp and burrows beneath a gnarly looking tree. Strange, pointy-eared creatures with olive green skin come close to investigate and many of them are killed by lightning that shoots out from the hole - all but one, a young creature who instinctively summons a more positive energy and manages to create an energy barrier around the tree that keeps the malevolence trapped inside. Unknown to Yoda, however, another of his species has crept away, having absorbed the brunt of the dark force. He is weakened for now, but uses his power to create a way off the planet, after which he finds a younger, stronger body to corrupt with the darkness - this becomes the first Lord of the Sith.

Scene 2:

Centuries pass. In the meantime, Yoda puts out a call to anyone who has the instinct for the force to come to Dagobah to train. The Jedi are born. Each must travel into the tree to confront his or her worst fear. Because the Sith never confront their worst fears, they become the embodiment of those fears.

Scene 3: a young pilot named Skywalker grows moodier by the day after constant rebukes from his superior officers. His best friend Obi Wan Kenobi, recently returned from Dagobah, senses his force instinct and tries to help by training him, giving him a focus. This backfires, ultimately. . .

Scene 4: Skywalker's latest mission is to pilot a government official named Palpatine, who gets him to open up about himself on the journey. This begins a mentorship that will forever change Skywalker, as Palpatine has dark plans to seize control of the galaxy by brainwashing Republic soldiers. These soldiers will become known as "clones" because they are all programmed with the same impulse: to obey without question and fight to the death.

And it goes on from there. A few years go by, and the war starts. Skywalker has one last night with his wife before leaving for the war. He will never see his wife again nor know until much later that he is a father. Keep the fight scene with Kenobi at the foot of the volcano, but tone it the f**k down; just make it a cool fight without all the goddamned leaping about.

Near the end of the movie, after Skywalker's transformation into Vader, Kenobi goes to Tatooine with the infant Luke, and we cut to an imperial camp where creatures of various species are forced to do hard labor. One of these workers is a wookie, who catches the eye of a young kid named Han Solo. After Solo witnesses some particularly brutal treatment of the wookie, he devises a plan to free him. First, though, he needs a ship. His buddy Lando's dad has a freighter sitting in a junk yard that's barely flyable, but maybe with some modifications . . . Solo just needs a plan to make that ship his ship. He's heard of some gangsters on Tatooine that pay good money for smuggling jobs.

I thought i read somewhere that George Lucas has his grip firmly on SW’s sack in that the characters or the events can’t be altered. The events surrounding a particular event or before or after can be explained a bit more though...a la Rogue One.

Having said that, your explanation here sounds more entertaining than what I experienced in the prequels.

• Like 1

Principled Man made 2 post on 12/24 that speak 100% for me. The sad part of it is that those movies were made and butchered horribly (IMO). To me, those are episodes 1, 2 & 3. If somebody actually wanted to re-make them and re-tell the rise of the Sith, the great Jedi purge, the Clone Wars, the decline and fall of the Republic etc I would love to see them - provided they were done right. I really wanted to see them done and was very disappointed at how badly they were done.

I also totally agree with Principled Man's use of the word "great" when talking about Rogue One. To me it was the best of all the movies. Well perhaps the original was better. But only perhaps. I really liked it.

I would also agree with his lack of interest in a spin off movie. Take part of the story and expand upon it. In doing so you could touch upon a character and expand them a bit

If I had to have a spin off movie centered on a character it would be about the Millenium Falcon.

WTF you say? Think about it. That ship has seen a lot of events and been all but trashed a few times. The stories it could tell... Plus, in doing so you could open up more angles for me spin-off's.

.....Rogue One. To me it was the best of all the movies. Well perhaps the original was better. But only perhaps. I really liked it.

Rogue One was the most real of all the films, IMO. So serious, profound, and full of suspense and dread. While all the other films had a level of fantasy and childlike fun, Rogue One was for grown-ups. No time for love affairs or goofing off!

• Like 1

.....Rogue One. To me it was the best of all the movies. Well perhaps the original was better. But only perhaps. I really liked it.

Rogue One was the most real of all the films, IMO. So serious, profound, and full of suspense and dread. While all the other films had a level of fantasy and childlike fun, Rogue One was for grown-ups. No time for love affairs or goofing off!

Good! I liked it quite a bit and somehow I’ve still only seen it once (at the cinema).

Tbh, I’m surprised Rogue One even happened.

Go back as far as Darth Bane who was a Sith lord who killed off all of the other Sith Lords and created the "Rule of Two" where there is only a master and an apprentice.

I would like to see a backstory on Firgin D'an and how he met the rest of the Modal Nodes.

They could call it Spatial Tap, and have the drummer always be a clone of the previous one..... :LOL:

• Like 1