Speed/Thrash metal band Supergroup

Necromancer

Okay... the last supergroup thread went well, and a lot of speed guys were mentioned and though i felt they didn't belong in that thread, they all deserved being mentioned. So here is their own thread. Same criteria here. They have to be alive and from 80's to 1995 are eligible.

Bass: Jason Newsted - He was amazing in Flotsam and Jetsam, and did an amazing job taking over bass duties for Cliff. I saw him at Ozzfest pull double duty for Ozzy and for VoiVod. He was absolutely incredible.

Drums: Dave Lombardo - The man invented the sound that everyone in speed metal uses today. He's just phenomenal and definitely the fastest there is.

Rhythym Guitar: James Hetfield - C'mon... how can you not have James in this band. Maybe he'd grow some balls back around these guys again.

Lead Guitar: Dave Mustaine - He's hopefully grown enough to be around James again. Together they can write all the stuff for this band. I know he plays Rhythym for Megadeth, but that's only cuz he sings. He blows away all his lead guys. Even Poland in my opinion.

Lead Vocals: Having a hell of a time with this one. I Love Dave Mustaine's voice, but I want him more at lead, so i don't want to make it too hard for him. A power band like this should have a pure frontman anyway, so for vocals i would pick... Bobby the Blitz of OVERKILL to front this band.

Let's hear your thoughts and picks for your own super thrash/speed metal band. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2005, 02:32 PM)
Bass -Cliff
Guitar - Alex Skolnick
Vocals - Chuck Billy
Drums - Dave Lombardo
Guitar - Dave Munstaine (backing vocals)

Excellent choices, but Cliff is dead and can not negotiate any contracts to play with this band. Please pick another bass player and then see THE DEAD THREAD. Thank You... SupergroupsRus management.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 1 2005, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2005, 02:32 PM)
Bass -Cliff
Guitar - Alex Skolnick
Vocals - Chuck Billy
Drums - Dave Lombardo
Guitar - Dave Munstaine (backing vocals)

Excellent choices, but Cliff is dead and can not negotiate any contracts to play with this band. Please pick another bass player and then see THE DEAD THREAD. Thank You... SupergroupsRus management.

Steve Harris

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 1 2005, 01:51 PM)
Okay... the last supergroup thread went well, and a lot of speed guys were mentioned and though i felt they didn't belong in that thread, they all deserved being mentioned. So here is their own thread. Same criteria here. They have to be alive and from 80's to 1995 are eligible.

Bass: Jason Newsted - He was amazing in Flotsam and Jetsam, and did an amazing job taking over bass duties for Cliff. I saw him at Ozzfest pull double duty for Ozzy and for VoiVod. He was absolutely incredible.

Drums: Dave Lombardo - The man invented the sound that everyone in speed metal uses today. He's just phenomenal and definitely the fastest there is.

Rhythym Guitar: James Hetfield - C'mon... how can you not have James in this band. Maybe he'd grow some balls back around these guys again.

Lead Guitar: Dave Mustaine - He's hopefully grown enough to be around James again. Together they can write all the stuff for this band. I know he plays Rhythym for Megadeth, but that's only cuz he sings. He blows away all his lead guys. Even Poland in my opinion.

Lead Vocals: Having a hell of a time with this one. I Love Dave Mustaine's voice, but I want him more at lead, so i don't want to make it too hard for him. A power band like this should have a pure frontman anyway, so for vocals i would pick... Bobby the Blitz of OVERKILL to front this band.

Let's hear your thoughts and picks for your own super thrash/speed metal band. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I agree with your picks except I would go with Hetfield at vocals, he can growl with the best of them and mix it up a little.

Marty Friedman-Guitar

Chris Poland-Guitar

Dave Ellefson-Bass

Nick Menza-Drums

I was thinking if all of the guys ever kicked out of Megadeth got together it would be quite ferocious.

Then just to piss Dave off, I would pick the name of the band to be Smegmabreth.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 2 2005, 12:02 PM)
Marty Friedman-Guitar
Chris Poland-Guitar
Dave Ellefson-Bass
Nick Menza-Drums

I was thinking if all of the guys ever kicked out of Megadeth got together it would be quite ferocious.

Then just to piss Dave off, I would pick the name of the band to be Smegmabreth.

rofl3.gif

Good idea though. Only thing i would wonder is if any of them could pull off the brilliancy required to keep a superband going. as talented as they all are... MegaDeth is DAVE. Y'know... to save me the trouble of looking it up... how did Dave Ellefson get fired or quit? I thought he'd stay with Mustaine till the end.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 2 2005, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 2 2005, 12:02 PM)
Marty Friedman-Guitar
Chris Poland-Guitar
Dave Ellefson-Bass
Nick Menza-Drums

Then just to piss Dave off, I would pick the name of the band to be  Smegmabreth.

rofl3.gif

Good idea though. Only thing i would wonder is if any of them could pull off the brilliancy required to keep a superband going. as talented as they all are... MegaDeth is DAVE. Y'know... to save me the trouble of looking it up... how did Dave Ellefson get fired or quit? I thought he'd stay with Mustaine till the end.

What I have heard is that when Megadeth disbanded due to Mustaines injury Ellefson was told it was over. Then when Mustaine re-formed Megadeth, Ellefson was not asked to rejoin, I really don't know for sure.

You are right the Deth is Mustaines baby and its his way or the highway for everyone else.

I have Marty Friedmans "Music for speeding", which I really enjoy.

What little I have heard of Chris Polands new group OHM, is really unbelievable, it more fusion than metal but it certainly rocks and I gotta buy this soon. Check out Chris Poland

here

Archived