What is the biggest (most popular) guitar based band whose first album was released in 2000 or later?

LedRush

Perhaps a few lesser known prog acts come to mind, but most of the guitar based music I listen to originates from before this time... interesting! Edited by stoopid

hm...

technically speaking, I'd argue Coldplay. Most of their songs have a prominent guitar of some kind.

But you mean some real, heavy kind of guitar. And those are pretty hard to come by these days. Perhaps The Black Keys would fit the bill, or My Chemical Romance or Fall Out Boy. The Strokes were a pretty big deal once upon a time as well.

Also, let's talk acoustics. Mumford And Sons, Of Monsters And Men, The Lumineers...even Ed Sheeran. They could all count feasibly.

If you're looking for a GnR or anything of the sort though, you ain't gonna find it, sorry.

I think the OP meant bands formed in the new millennium, or released their debut from 2000 onwards...

In that case:

Alter Bridge

Mastodon

Trivium

• Like 5

I think the OP meant bands formed in the new millennium, or released their debut from 2000 onwards...

In that case:

Alter Bridge

Mastodon

Trivium

Mastodon have a claim for being the biggest metal band of the new millennium, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Also, let's talk acoustics. Mumford And Sons, Of Monsters And Men, The Lumineers...even Ed Sheeran.

Let's not......

It said biggest, not best. :P

https://www.thetopte...ck-bands-2000s/

This list says GreenDay, which makes sense. I think of American Idiot, which was huge, guitar-based, and even a concept album.

Green Day has been around since the 1990s.

I love Green Day.

To me, they were always vocals centric.

Considering their guitars parts are uninteresting 3-4 chord punk/rock, I'd say you're right.

Biggest? I don’t know. I don’t really pay attention to that.

But...some favorites:

Tedeschi Trucks Band

Marc Ford (all of his solo material)

The Temperance Movement

Boston Spaceships

Joe Bonamassa

Black Country Communion

• Like 2

Nickelback, of course.

God, I hate you outside of SOCN.

:LOL:

I didn't say they were any good, I just said they were the biggest and most popular. It's a trivia question, not an opinion question if you actually assign meanings to words.

Then again, I'm inserting the words major label into the thread title, so you can accuse me of the same thing if you want. Since I just posted what I did to get a reaction, anyway, I don't really care that much.

Nickelback, of course.

God, I hate you outside of SOCN.

:LOL:

I didn't say they were any good, I just said they were the biggest and most popular. It's a trivia question, not an opinion question if you actually assign meanings to words.

Then again, I'm inserting the words major label into the thread title, so you can accuse me of the same thing if you want. Since I just posted what I did to get a reaction, anyway, I don't really care that much.

If you don't count Nickelback, then the answer is Linkin Park.