Asking about Rush's Old 1970 unreleased singles

CyriK

On Rush's song list on wikepedia there are songs from 1970 they made and some are called "Tale", "Slaughterhouse", and "Keep in line", theres more than these but thats all i feel like writing, so does anybody know if these even exist because I'm trying to download every rush song including live songs and drum solos and these are the only ones I'm missing because I cant find them. Edited by CyriK
  • Like 1

I would love to hear those, myself- I’ve never heard of those titles.

It’s a sure bet that by download, you’re not going to find them at all. If you have a functioning reel-to-reel player hooked up to a pair of speakers, your chances might improve to about one in ten million.

Let me know if you track them down, seriously!

• Like 3

On Rushes song list on wikepedia there are songs from 1970 they made and some are called "Tale", "Slaughterhouse", and "Keep in line", theres more than these but thats all i feel like writing, so does anybody know if these even exist because I'm trying to download every rush song including live songs and drum solos and these are the only ones I'm missing because I cant find them.

Don't think these songs were ever recorded. They were probably songs they played live back then. I would be surprised if any recording of these ever show up as they certainly should have shown up by now.

But then again the Laura Secord Secondary School footage showed up not too long ago which was a surprise to me.

• Like 4

On Rushes song list on wikepedia there are songs from 1970 they made and some are called "Tale", "Slaughterhouse", and "Keep in line", theres more than these but thats all i feel like writing, so does anybody know if these even exist because I'm trying to download every rush song including live songs and drum solos and these are the only ones I'm missing because I cant find them.

Don't think these songs were ever recorded. They were probably songs they played live back then. I would be surprised if any recording of these ever show up as they certainly should have shown up by now.

But then again the Laura Secord Secondary School footage showed up not too long ago which was a surprise to me.

Yea the only officially released pre-1974 singles I know of is "Not Fade Away/You Can't Fight It", released in 1973. I am familiar with "Tale" and "Slaughterhouse", but only as songs they played live in those days. There could be live recordings somewhere in Al's garage.

• Like 1

I went to the Wiki page and the designation of the songs as "Unreleased Single" is misleading. I think really it is more an "Unreleased Song". Most of those date from 1970 and I doubt Ged and Al would have been able to scrap enough cash together to record several unreleased songs. I really do hope someone has recordings from some bar gigs where these songs might have been played.
  • Like 2

I went to the Wiki page and the designation of the songs as "Unreleased Single" is misleading. I think really it is more an "Unreleased Song". Most of those date from 1970 and I doubt Ged and Al would have been able to scrap enough cash together to record several unreleased songs. I really do hope someone has recordings from some bar gigs where these songs might have been played.

My guess is that one of the band has them and will kill anyone who tries to release them. I recently heard the first studio recording I made in '87. Utterly embarrassing.

• Like 3

Geddy & Alex didn’t turn 17 until the summer of ‘70. So, they weren’t even playing bars then...underage. They were playing in school gyms and those drop-in centers. Would someone have recorded 16/17 year old Geddy & Alex at those venues?

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Geddy & Alex didn’t turn 17 until the summer of ‘70. So, they weren’t even playing bars then...underage. They were playing in school gyms and those drop-in centers. Would someone have recorded 16/17 year old Geddy & Alex at those venues?

Yea that too... Maybe they recorded some of those Coff-In gigs.

• Like 1

Found one of them, Heres "Run Willie Run" its just Alex though

• Like 2

Found one of them, Heres "Run Willie Run" its just Alex though

Canadian lumberjack beer drinking song :hail:

And would they have survived since they wouldn't have been professionally recorded or stored?