Quentin Tarantino is making a Star Trek movie

JohnnyBlaze

Quentin Trek  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on Tarantino directing a Star Trek movie?

• Awesome!
    • It could be good. You never know.
    • I don’t care really. I may give it a shot.
    • Terrible terrible idea.

I like every movie he's done besides the god awful Deathproof and I don't even want this. Dafuq are they thinking?

Tarantino’s 3-6 with me. The 6 that I count as losses have parts I like but overall I gave them losses

He's about 2-8 with me.

I like every movie he's done besides the god awful Deathproof and I don't even want this. Dafuq are they thinking?

Tarantino’s 3-6 with me. The 6 that I count as losses have parts I like but overall I gave them losses

He's about 2-8 with me.

Dogs and Pulp I assume.

For me it’s those two plus Jackie.

Sigh...Star Trek should be something for all ages. There are sci-fi franchises to get your R rating or how about Tarantino do something original?

Besides that, Star Trek Beyond got some pretty good reviews. I thought it was decent and a thousand times better than that Into Darkness crap. It at least looked like Trek was headed in the right direction with Beyond.

Agreed.

Star Trek Beyond is easily the most 'true to Trek' thing that's been produced in the post-Enterprise era.

Really? After arriving at Yorktown Station it felt like the Darkness crap.

Beyond was only good because it couldn't be worse than Into Darkness. Into Darkness is probably the worst Trek film ever.

Sigh...Star Trek should be something for all ages. There are sci-fi franchises to get your R rating or how about Tarantino do something original?

Besides that, Star Trek Beyond got some pretty good reviews. I thought it was decent and a thousand times better than that Into Darkness crap. It at least looked like Trek was headed in the right direction with Beyond.

Agreed.

Star Trek Beyond is easily the most 'true to Trek' thing that's been produced in the post-Enterprise era.

Beyond was only good because it couldn't be worse than Into Darkness. Into Darkness is probably the worst Trek film ever.

But....but....ALICE EVE!! ;)

The worst Star Trek movie is Nemesis. That piece of trash destroyed the TNG era mercilessly. The director was a world class knob, and the hackneyed story made no sense. Truly awful. Virtually no redeeming qualities.

Into Plotholes was bad... Just an awful story. But at least it served as a fun popcorn film in Star Trek clothing. It was visually stunning, and maybe the best 3D movie cinematography I've seen. Seriously.. The 3D version looks killer good.

Star Trek the Motion Picture is a quintessentially 'Trek' story, but draws itself out in a long, boring "wannabe 2001" style that kills the pacing and tone of what could've been a good movie. If you can stay awake through it, there's some good stuff in there... But jeez, get on with it.

Those are my bottom 3.

As for Beyond, it actually brought the right crew dynamic back. It tempered and balanced the characters, serving more as a love letter to their original iterations than they'd done in the previous reboot movies. I rank it high-middle in the Trek movie pack.

Edited by KenJennings

The worst Star Trek movie is Nemesis. That piece of trash destroyed the TNG era mercilessly. The director was a world class knob, and the hackneyed story made no sense. Truly awful. Virtually no redeeming qualities.

Into Plotholes was bad... Just an awful story. But at least it served as a fun popcorn film in Star Trek clothing. It was visually stunning, and maybe the best 3D movie cinematography I've seen. Seriously.. The 3D version looks killer good.

Star Trek the Motion Picture is a quintessentially 'Trek' story, but draws itself out in a long, boring "wannabe 2001" style that kills the pacing and tone of what could've been a good movie. If you can stay awake through it, there's some good stuff in there... But jeez, get on with it.

Those are my bottom 3.

As for Beyond, it actually brought the right crew dynamic back. It tempered and balanced the characters, serving more as a love letter to their original iterations than they'd done in the previous reboot movies. I rank it high-middle in the Trek movie pack.

Into Darkness and Nemesis are my bottom two without a doubt. Motion Picture is the worst of the original crew flicks but I’m not sure what would be third from the bottom though

I would think his weird eye view of things will put an additional dimension to the way the Star trek universe spins.

:AlienSmiley:

Yeah....half the cameras will be focused on Lt. Uhura's feet.

With Uma Thurman as Lt. Uhura.

He's got a thing about her feet.

Quoting a friend from FB:

"I shall look forward to the scene where half a dozen Enterprise crewmen, Klingons, and Romulans are standing in one spot with phasers pointed at each other's heads."

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Agreed.

I liked it, I even kind of liked Into Darkness. I think Abrams gave Star Trek the fresh perspective it's always so desperately needed. Star Trek has always been (and this is my prejudiced biased opinion) rather dull and sterile. Abrams made it fun.

ETA: As fas as Tarantino making a Star Trek movie is concerned, I just don't know. I'm 30% optimistic and 70% pessimistic. I just hope he doesn't give himself a role in it unless it's a non-speaking cameo.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

Agreed.

I liked it, I even kind of liked Into Darkness. I think Abrams gave Star Trek the fresh perspective it's always so desperately needed. Star Trek has always been (and this is my prejudiced biased opinion) rather dull and sterile. Abrams made it fun.

ETA: As fas as Tarantino making a Star Trek movie is concerned, I just don't know. I'm 30% optimistic and 70% pessimistic. I just hope he doesn't give himself a role in it unless it's a non-speaking cameo.

Tarantino looks like one of those white haired, blue skinned, antenna’d aliens. Andorians I’m pretty sure they’re called.

• Like 1

Agreed.

The Final Fronteir is probably the worst Trek film ever.

Fixed.

At least Darkness didn’t have that stupid campfire scene of “row row row your boat.”

Agreed.

Fixed.

At least Darkness didn’t have that stupid campfire scene of “row row row your boat.”

That's a great scene! Star Trek V has issues, but the Kirk-Spock-McCoy relationship was never better. It's got a ton of great character moments, and is always entertaining to watch as a result. Never mind the fact that the movie makes very little sense, it's still got a lot of positive takeaways.

Agreed.

Fixed.

That's a great scene! Star Trek V has issues, but the Kirk-Spock-McCoy relationship was never better. It's got a ton of great character moments, and is always entertaining to watch as a result. Never mind the fact that the movie makes very little sense, it's still got a lot of positive takeaways.

I always liked Star Trek 2, 4 and 6.

The odd number films sucked Vulcan vulture culture vulvas.

Signed,

The Alan Parsons Project

LOL

Agreed.

Fixed.

I always liked Star Trek 2, 4 and 6.

The odd number films sucked Vulcan vulture culture vulvas.

Signed,

The Alan Parsons Project

LOL

Star Trek 3 is underrated.

• Like 1