Jump to content


Christmas Season


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 workingcinderellaman

workingcinderellaman

    The Red Barchetta

  • Members *
  • 30797 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SLC Utah
  • Interests:Bikes (Motorcycles), Skiing, Airplanes, Ted Nugent

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

I don't start a lot of threads in here, (RS) but I thought that we needed a thread on this. I love the Christmas season for what it represents and I think it would be nice to make the most of it. Instead of worrying about shopping, crowds, and commercialism, lets' focus on kindness, charity, and forgiveness. We should probably be more charitable and giving during the entire year, but right now is a good time to make up for that.

Posted Image

As those who know me are aware, I'm LDS (Mormon). We have been doing a program called "Light the World" that's centered around the Christmas season. For the 25 days in December leading up to and including Christmas day, there are videos and suggestions as to how we all can make the season memorable, enjoyable and service oriented. I don't think it matters what we believe as far as religion goes. We all have the ability to do good during this time of the year and will all receive enjoyment from it.



https://www.mormon.o...0171204170409:s

Merry Christmas!

:)

Sponsored Post

#2 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:28 PM

Definitely looking forward to all the food.

#3 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15842 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:47 PM

I watched National lampoons Christmas Vacation last night.

with some eggnog

Mick

#4 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6538 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

I'm not into Religion, not at all.  There MAY be an entity out there that started this carnival, but the scientist in me says NO PROOF.  However, Happiness, Kindness, Truthfulness, all the Boyscout supposed attributes ARE to be observed ALL THE TIME, and Generosity comes right out of my Retirement funds every year! Stop TALKing and DO IT, FOLKS!!!
Posted Image

#5 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 84246 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:36 PM

:D-13:

#6 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5958 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

WCM, is it OK if I post another calendar with the same types of ideas here?  If it is not what you were thinking of for the thread, let me know and I can take it down.  And thank you for the mention of the LDS church; one of our wonderful memories from the year we lived in Utah was Temple Square at Christmas lit up with all the tiny lights.  :)

Posted Image

#7 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 16591 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

I just say festivus to confuse everyone on both sides unless they get it and they’re Seinfeld fans.  If you’re gonna go against the grain, do it with humor.

#8 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:


    Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:34 PM

View Postworkingcinderellaman, on 04 December 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

I don't start a lot of threads in here, (RS) but I thought that we needed a thread on this. I love the Christmas season for what it represents and I think it would be nice to make the most of it. Instead of worrying about shopping, crowds, and commercialism, lets' focus on kindness, charity, and forgiveness. We should probably be more charitable and giving during the entire year, but right now is a good time to make up for that.

Posted Image

As those who know me are aware, I'm LDS (Mormon). We have been doing a program called "Light the World" that's centered around the Christmas season. For the 25 days in December leading up to and including Christmas day, there are videos and suggestions as to how we all can make the season memorable, enjoyable and service oriented. I don't think it matters what we believe as far as religion goes. We all have the ability to do good during this time of the year and will all receive enjoyment from it.



https://www.mormon.o...0171204170409:s

Merry Christmas!

:)

Love the chest high snow picture... jealous

#9 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7925 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:49 PM


:16ton: :16ton: :16ton:

#10 Verena

Verena

    Mood Lifter

  • Members *
  • 15665 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Six Stars Of The Northern Cross

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

 workingcinderellaman, on 04 December 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

I don't start a lot of threads in here, (RS) but I thought that we needed a thread on this. I love the Christmas season for what it represents and I think it would be nice to make the most of it. Instead of worrying about shopping, crowds, and commercialism, lets' focus on kindness, charity, and forgiveness. We should probably be more charitable and giving during the entire year, but right now is a good time to make up for that.

Posted Image

As those who know me are aware, I'm LDS (Mormon). We have been doing a program called "Light the World" that's centered around the Christmas season. For the 25 days in December leading up to and including Christmas day, there are videos and suggestions as to how we all can make the season memorable, enjoyable and service oriented. I don't think it matters what we believe as far as religion goes. We all have the ability to do good during this time of the year and will all receive enjoyment from it.



https://www.mormon.o...0171204170409:s

Merry Christmas!

:)



:musicnote:     Merry Christmas!!      :hug2:


:hi:  


#11 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 54029 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:24 AM

I love Christmas, too!  I incorporate traditions from around the world, starting tomorrow (Dec 5) with the eve of the Feast of St. Nicholas, which is on Dec 6.  In Germany and other countries, kids will put out their shoes to get gifts from St. Nicholas.  

Posted Image

Edited by goose, 05 December 2017 - 12:25 AM.


#12 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3837 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

You don't have to be religious to enjoy year-end celebration with others. Part of my holiday tradition is volunteering to ring bells for Salvation Army. The fact that they're a Christian organization and I'm agnostic makes no difference to me; their programs help the less fortunate and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Perhaps the world would be a better place if we dial down all the dogma and look at things as simply benefiting humanity.

Edited by HemiBeers, 05 December 2017 - 12:13 PM.


#13 Gompers

Gompers

    10,000 posts, and I got nothin'

  • Members *
  • 17130 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Right here!
  • Interests:Jaywalking. Not smoking meth. Selling my air guitars on eBay. Cooking Chinese and Italians. Giving blood so I can get drunk faster. Being a stickler for detale.

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

Love me some eggnog spiked with Jameson.

#14 workingcinderellaman

workingcinderellaman

    The Red Barchetta

  • Members *
  • 30797 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SLC Utah
  • Interests:Bikes (Motorcycles), Skiing, Airplanes, Ted Nugent

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 04 December 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

I watched National lampoons Christmas Vacation last night.

with some eggnog

Mick
Me too.

#15 workingcinderellaman

workingcinderellaman

    The Red Barchetta

  • Members *
  • 30797 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SLC Utah
  • Interests:Bikes (Motorcycles), Skiing, Airplanes, Ted Nugent

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

View PostHemiBeers, on 05 December 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

You don't have to be religious to enjoy year-end celebration with others. Part of my holiday tradition is volunteering to ring bells for Salvation Army. The fact that they're a Christian organization and I'm agnostic makes no difference to me; their programs help the less fortunate and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Perhaps the world would be a better place if we dial down all the dogma and look at things as simply benefiting humanity.
:goodone:

#16 workingcinderellaman

workingcinderellaman

    The Red Barchetta

  • Members *
  • 30797 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SLC Utah
  • Interests:Bikes (Motorcycles), Skiing, Airplanes, Ted Nugent

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

View Postcustom55, on 04 December 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Postworkingcinderellaman, on 04 December 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

I don't start a lot of threads in here, (RS) but I thought that we needed a thread on this. I love the Christmas season for what it represents and I think it would be nice to make the most of it. Instead of worrying about shopping, crowds, and commercialism, lets' focus on kindness, charity, and forgiveness. We should probably be more charitable and giving during the entire year, but right now is a good time to make up for that.

Posted Image

As those who know me are aware, I'm LDS (Mormon). We have been doing a program called "Light the World" that's centered around the Christmas season. For the 25 days in December leading up to and including Christmas day, there are videos and suggestions as to how we all can make the season memorable, enjoyable and service oriented. I don't think it matters what we believe as far as religion goes. We all have the ability to do good during this time of the year and will all receive enjoyment from it.



https://www.mormon.o...0171204170409:s

Merry Christmas!

:)

Love the chest high snow picture... jealous
Don't be. It's from last year up at Snowbasin and I'm hoping for a similar season. So far it's been horrible. :(

#17 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 12813 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:53rd & 3rd

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

Posted Image

#18 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30239 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

View Postgoose, on 05 December 2017 - 12:24 AM, said:

I love Christmas, too!  I incorporate traditions from around the world, starting tomorrow (Dec 5) with the eve of the Feast of St. Nicholas, which is on Dec 6.  In Germany and other countries, kids will put out their shoes to get gifts from St. Nicholas.  

Posted Image

How about the modern Japanese tradition of ordering Kentucky Fried Chicken for Christmas dinner?

http://www.smithsoni...as-1-161666960/

It’s nuts too man. They’re already taking pre-orders NOW so that you can pick up your order sometime between the 22nd-25th. Often, you CAN’T pick it up on Eve or Day because that’s when customers want it the most. If I went into a KFC today to order my Christmas dinner I’d see a chart which tells me what days and times are available for pick-up. Some of those day/time slots are probably filled already.

Interesting!

#19 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:


    Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

View Postworkingcinderellaman, on 05 December 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

View Postcustom55, on 04 December 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Postworkingcinderellaman, on 04 December 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

I don't start a lot of threads in here, (RS) but I thought that we needed a thread on this. I love the Christmas season for what it represents and I think it would be nice to make the most of it. Instead of worrying about shopping, crowds, and commercialism, lets' focus on kindness, charity, and forgiveness. We should probably be more charitable and giving during the entire year, but right now is a good time to make up for that.

Posted Image

As those who know me are aware, I'm LDS (Mormon). We have been doing a program called "Light the World" that's centered around the Christmas season. For the 25 days in December leading up to and including Christmas day, there are videos and suggestions as to how we all can make the season memorable, enjoyable and service oriented. I don't think it matters what we believe as far as religion goes. We all have the ability to do good during this time of the year and will all receive enjoyment from it.



https://www.mormon.o...0171204170409:s

Merry Christmas!

:)

Love the chest high snow picture... jealous
Don't be. It's from last year up at Snowbasin and I'm hoping for a similar season. So far it's been horrible. :(

My all time favorite ski area is Powder Mtn.  Just love it.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users