Jump to content


2018 MLB Season Thread


  • Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 6379 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

View Posttx_rush, on 18 January 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 15 January 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 15 January 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

View PostBowlCity, on 15 January 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 15 January 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 15 January 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 15 January 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Cutch to the Giants, pending physical.
Yes, just heard the news this afternoon.  :(  :( Not really a surprise since the Pirates spent last off season shopping him around, but I'm still sad to see him go.
It's sad when franchise icons move on.

Cole and Cutch gone, Bucs really are tearing it down this off-season
And it turns out the Pirates got, um, not very much for McCutchen AND the cash they are sending with him. A pitcher, Kyle Crick, that still needs to develop, and a minor league prospect, plus bonus pool cash. Pirates must have really wanted to shake things up.
What they need is for Polanco and Marte to do what they're capable of doing.   Those guys have been major disappointments.

Harrison is probably gonna get dealt. Really damn depressing. Ownership is so frustrating. Everyone is comparing us to the Royals, but the Royals haven't dealt their stars in the last year or two of their respective contracts. Bottomline- our ownership doesn't want to financially commit to the team. Period. Extremely frustrating.

I'm actually not that high on Cole...he's not a true ace. However, if the Pirates were moderately active in free agency in acquiring a few pieces, we could have competed for a playoff spot. Polanco battled injuries last year, and obviously Marte had the suspension. Marte still played well. Polanco was having shoulder problems, which can unfortunately be chronic.

I would have liked to have seen the Pirates maybe go after Adrian Gonzalez or Carlos Gonzalez on a 1 year prove it contract, possibly catch lightning in a bottle for a season...sign someone like Addison Reed to bolster the bullpen, and go after a solid depth starting pitcher. I know that sounds fairly underwhelming in terms of investment, but doing that and keeping Cutch and Cole would have made us competitive.

Its so damn frustrating to have to constantly let players walk and trade valuable trade pieces, and wait for years at a time for the stars to align where we have enough studs on a shoe string budget to compete. Its also really frustrating because it seems the the Ray Searage magic dust is wearing off- pitchers are now leaving the Pirates and improving (Morton, Liriano). Freaking last year we were 2 games out of the wildcard and we dealt our closer. I personally think that closers are grossly overvalued, but come on, your a game or 2 out of the wildcard and you're selling?

rant over.....I wish Mark Cuban would buy the Pirates
:goodone:   Yeah, who knew with Liriano, especially.

Sponsored Post

#102 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 71621 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

Cub killer Grichuk is out of the S-T-L!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

#103 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 71621 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

View Postblueschica, on 18 January 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

View Posttx_rush, on 18 January 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 15 January 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 15 January 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

View PostBowlCity, on 15 January 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 15 January 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 15 January 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 15 January 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Cutch to the Giants, pending physical.
Yes, just heard the news this afternoon.  :(  :( Not really a surprise since the Pirates spent last off season shopping him around, but I'm still sad to see him go.
It's sad when franchise icons move on.

Cole and Cutch gone, Bucs really are tearing it down this off-season
And it turns out the Pirates got, um, not very much for McCutchen AND the cash they are sending with him. A pitcher, Kyle Crick, that still needs to develop, and a minor league prospect, plus bonus pool cash. Pirates must have really wanted to shake things up.
What they need is for Polanco and Marte to do what they're capable of doing.   Those guys have been major disappointments.

Harrison is probably gonna get dealt. Really damn depressing. Ownership is so frustrating. Everyone is comparing us to the Royals, but the Royals haven't dealt their stars in the last year or two of their respective contracts. Bottomline- our ownership doesn't want to financially commit to the team. Period. Extremely frustrating.

I'm actually not that high on Cole...he's not a true ace. However, if the Pirates were moderately active in free agency in acquiring a few pieces, we could have competed for a playoff spot. Polanco battled injuries last year, and obviously Marte had the suspension. Marte still played well. Polanco was having shoulder problems, which can unfortunately be chronic.

I would have liked to have seen the Pirates maybe go after Adrian Gonzalez or Carlos Gonzalez on a 1 year prove it contract, possibly catch lightning in a bottle for a season...sign someone like Addison Reed to bolster the bullpen, and go after a solid depth starting pitcher. I know that sounds fairly underwhelming in terms of investment, but doing that and keeping Cutch and Cole would have made us competitive.

Its so damn frustrating to have to constantly let players walk and trade valuable trade pieces, and wait for years at a time for the stars to align where we have enough studs on a shoe string budget to compete. Its also really frustrating because it seems the the Ray Searage magic dust is wearing off- pitchers are now leaving the Pirates and improving (Morton, Liriano). Freaking last year we were 2 games out of the wildcard and we dealt our closer. I personally think that closers are grossly overvalued, but come on, your a game or 2 out of the wildcard and you're selling?

rant over.....I wish Mark Cuban would buy the Pirates
:goodone:   Yeah, who knew with Liriano, especially.
Liriano's improving?

https://www.baseball...liriafr01.shtml

#104 tx_rush

tx_rush

    I am Cornholio!

  • Members *
  • 5837 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tyler, Texas
  • Interests:playing music, baseball, fishing, hunting

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:21 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 20 January 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 18 January 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

View Posttx_rush, on 18 January 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 15 January 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 15 January 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

View PostBowlCity, on 15 January 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 15 January 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 15 January 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 15 January 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Cutch to the Giants, pending physical.
Yes, just heard the news this afternoon.  :(  :( Not really a surprise since the Pirates spent last off season shopping him around, but I'm still sad to see him go.
It's sad when franchise icons move on.

Cole and Cutch gone, Bucs really are tearing it down this off-season
And it turns out the Pirates got, um, not very much for McCutchen AND the cash they are sending with him. A pitcher, Kyle Crick, that still needs to develop, and a minor league prospect, plus bonus pool cash. Pirates must have really wanted to shake things up.
What they need is for Polanco and Marte to do what they're capable of doing.   Those guys have been major disappointments.

Harrison is probably gonna get dealt. Really damn depressing. Ownership is so frustrating. Everyone is comparing us to the Royals, but the Royals haven't dealt their stars in the last year or two of their respective contracts. Bottomline- our ownership doesn't want to financially commit to the team. Period. Extremely frustrating.

I'm actually not that high on Cole...he's not a true ace. However, if the Pirates were moderately active in free agency in acquiring a few pieces, we could have competed for a playoff spot. Polanco battled injuries last year, and obviously Marte had the suspension. Marte still played well. Polanco was having shoulder problems, which can unfortunately be chronic.

I would have liked to have seen the Pirates maybe go after Adrian Gonzalez or Carlos Gonzalez on a 1 year prove it contract, possibly catch lightning in a bottle for a season...sign someone like Addison Reed to bolster the bullpen, and go after a solid depth starting pitcher. I know that sounds fairly underwhelming in terms of investment, but doing that and keeping Cutch and Cole would have made us competitive.

Its so damn frustrating to have to constantly let players walk and trade valuable trade pieces, and wait for years at a time for the stars to align where we have enough studs on a shoe string budget to compete. Its also really frustrating because it seems the the Ray Searage magic dust is wearing off- pitchers are now leaving the Pirates and improving (Morton, Liriano). Freaking last year we were 2 games out of the wildcard and we dealt our closer. I personally think that closers are grossly overvalued, but come on, your a game or 2 out of the wildcard and you're selling?

rant over.....I wish Mark Cuban would buy the Pirates
:goodone:   Yeah, who knew with Liriano, especially.
Liriano's improving?

https://www.baseball...liriafr01.shtml

Liriano had a nice run with Pittsburgh, then was putrid (Serage magic dust wearing off). When we traded him to Toronto and had a great end to 2016 with Toronto.

#105 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 71621 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:21 PM

WTF?

Brewers acquire Yelich?   :banghead:

Sounds like Jeter actually wanted something for him, unlike Stanton, as the Brewers gave up Brinson (the 13th best prospect) and an infielder who was the 86th best prospect.

#106 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 10757 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

 laughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

WTF?

Brewers acquire Yelich?   :banghead:

Sounds like Jeter actually wanted something for him, unlike Stanton, as the Brewers gave up Brinson (the 13th best prospect) and an infielder who was the 86th best prospect.

This Brewer fan is giving the trage a huge  :boo hiss: :boo hiss:  :wtf: ......

#107 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 71621 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

 Principled Man, on 25 January 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

 laughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

WTF?

Brewers acquire Yelich?   :banghead:

Sounds like Jeter actually wanted something for him, unlike Stanton, as the Brewers gave up Brinson (the 13th best prospect) and an infielder who was the 86th best prospect.

This Brewer fan is giving the trage a huge  :boo hiss: :boo hiss:  :wtf: ......
Why so down on it?

He's a 26 year old with four years of experience, a 4 win player with good speed and plate discipline, around .370 OBP over the past four years who is leaving a bad, demotivating situation.     I don't know that much about Brinson and they're accelerating their timetable a bit but Yelich seems like a great add...I'm not looking forward to the Cubs seeing him 19 times a year as a member of what now is probably their biggest rival.

#108 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 10757 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

 laughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

 Principled Man, on 25 January 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

 laughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

WTF?

Brewers acquire Yelich?   :banghead:

Sounds like Jeter actually wanted something for him, unlike Stanton, as the Brewers gave up Brinson (the 13th best prospect) and an infielder who was the 86th best prospect.

This Brewer fan is giving the trage a huge  :boo hiss: :boo hiss:  :wtf: ......
Why so down on it?

He's a 26 year old with four years of experience, a 4 win player with good speed and plate discipline, around .370 OBP over the past four years who is leaving a bad, demotivating situation. I don't know that much about Brinson and they're accelerating their timetable a bit but Yelich seems like a great add...I'm not looking forward to the Cubs seeing him 19 times a year as a member of what now is probably their biggest rival.

They're giving up 4 prospects, including Brinson and Diaz, and it also means that Domingo Santana is a goner.  I'm a big Santana fan.  

But they've just agreed to terms with Lorenzo Cain, so they may end up doing well.

#109 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 71621 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

 Principled Man, on 25 January 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

 laughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

 Principled Man, on 25 January 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

 laughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

WTF?

Brewers acquire Yelich?   :banghead:

Sounds like Jeter actually wanted something for him, unlike Stanton, as the Brewers gave up Brinson (the 13th best prospect) and an infielder who was the 86th best prospect.

This Brewer fan is giving the trage a huge  :boo hiss: :boo hiss:  :wtf: ......
Why so down on it?

He's a 26 year old with four years of experience, a 4 win player with good speed and plate discipline, around .370 OBP over the past four years who is leaving a bad, demotivating situation. I don't know that much about Brinson and they're accelerating their timetable a bit but Yelich seems like a great add...I'm not looking forward to the Cubs seeing him 19 times a year as a member of what now is probably their biggest rival.

They're giving up 4 prospects, including Brinson and Diaz, and it also means that Domingo Santana is a goner.  I'm a big Santana fan.  

But they've just agreed to terms with Lorenzo Cain, so they may end up doing well.
Really?    I thought they would have just moved Santana to a different OF position.   In that case, I'm not so distraught by the trade, I think Santana is a heck of a player who is more than likely than not to improve from a really good year last year.

I'm really surprised to see them sign Cain, not that he's not good, but he's at or slightly past his peak.   They seem to have accelerated the pace of the rebuild beyond all expectations.

#110 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 10757 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 25 January 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 25 January 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

WTF?

Brewers acquire Yelich?   :banghead:

Sounds like Jeter actually wanted something for him, unlike Stanton, as the Brewers gave up Brinson (the 13th best prospect) and an infielder who was the 86th best prospect.

This Brewer fan is giving the trage a huge  :boo hiss: :boo hiss:  :wtf: ......
Why so down on it?

He's a 26 year old with four years of experience, a 4 win player with good speed and plate discipline, around .370 OBP over the past four years who is leaving a bad, demotivating situation. I don't know that much about Brinson and they're accelerating their timetable a bit but Yelich seems like a great add...I'm not looking forward to the Cubs seeing him 19 times a year as a member of what now is probably their biggest rival.

They're giving up 4 prospects, including Brinson and Diaz, and it also means that Domingo Santana is a goner.  I'm a big Santana fan.  

But they've just agreed to terms with Lorenzo Cain, so they may end up doing well.
Really? I thought they would have just moved Santana to a different OF position.   In that case, I'm not so distraught by the trade, I think Santana is a heck of a player who is more than likely than not to improve from a really good year last year.

I'm really surprised to see them sign Cain, not that he's not good, but he's at or slightly past his peak.   They seem to have accelerated the pace of the rebuild beyond all expectations.

I'm guessing about Santana.  I don't think Braun is going anywhere, so we Brewer fans are expecting Santana to go.  Hope I'm wrong!  

Cain looks like the replacement for CF Keon Broxton, who has struggled at the plate.

#111 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 71621 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 25 January 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 25 January 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 25 January 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 25 January 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

WTF?

Brewers acquire Yelich?   :banghead:

Sounds like Jeter actually wanted something for him, unlike Stanton, as the Brewers gave up Brinson (the 13th best prospect) and an infielder who was the 86th best prospect.

This Brewer fan is giving the trage a huge  :boo hiss: :boo hiss:  :wtf: ......
Why so down on it?

He's a 26 year old with four years of experience, a 4 win player with good speed and plate discipline, around .370 OBP over the past four years who is leaving a bad, demotivating situation.     I don't know that much about Brinson and they're accelerating their timetable a bit but Yelich seems like a great add...I'm not looking forward to the Cubs seeing him 19 times a year as a member of what now is probably their biggest rival.

They're giving up 4 prospects, including Brinson and Diaz, and it also means that Domingo Santana is a goner.  I'm a big Santana fan.  

But they've just agreed to terms with Lorenzo Cain, so they may end up doing well.
Really?    I thought they would have just moved Santana to a different OF position.   In that case, I'm not so distraught by the trade, I think Santana is a heck of a player who is more than likely than not to improve from a really good year last year.

I'm really surprised to see them sign Cain, not that he's not good, but he's at or slightly past his peak.   They seem to have accelerated the pace of the rebuild beyond all expectations.

I'm guessing about Santana.  I don't think Braun is going anywhere, so we Brewer fans are expecting Santana to go.  Hope I'm wrong!  

Cain looks like the replacement for CF Keon Broxton, who has struggled at the plate.
I know Braxton had a horrific strikeout rate,  along with immense power when he did connect.    The Brew Crew has quite the lineup, maybe with the exception of catcher...they should definitely contend this year.

Looking forward to the start of the season.

#112 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 71621 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

Miggy Montero signs with Nats.

#113 Crimsonmistymemory

Crimsonmistymemory

    Testing the Fences

  • Members *
  • 17349 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Interests:Just an interested cat,
    Living in a,
    Dog eat Dog World

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

Great News for Tampa Bay Rays fans yesterday! No it's not that we acquired a decent manager or got some more great players or are expected to win at least 1/2 our games this season. Nope none of that silly stuff! The topic of the day was location, location, location! It seems the Rays primary owner with blessings from the MLB Commish have announced they have picked a 4 acre plot of mostly rundown warehouse's of the west side of Ybor (pronounced "eeebor")City. For those unfamiliar with the lay of the land here in Tampa Ybor flanks Downtown on the east side. So in essence the new stadium will be in Downtown Tampa. Basically were it should've been from the beginning. This is good for not only Tampa but the entire region & of course the Rays. The Rays present venue Tropicana Field is a complete shithole! Terrible design and let's not forget those stupid catwalks. The MLB never ever liked the damned place because of the poor design and crappy location. Both have proved to be the demise of the Rays as corporate & fan support are anemic at best. The Rays were given permission by St. Petersburg to start exploring location options in 2016. There were several considerations even with St. Pete lobbying to keep the Rays there with either a new stadium or a completely renovated Trop :facepalm: If things go smooth the Rays could play their 1st game in Ybor by 2023. I am all for it and think it's a great idea! Let's GO Rays!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory, 10 February 2018 - 12:13 PM.


#114 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10516 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Omaha
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

The free agent stalemate has been blown wide open. Yu Darvish to the Cubs, 6 years.

Bye Jake :(

#115 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 10757 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:08 PM

 BowlCity, on 10 February 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

The free agent stalemate has been blown wide open. Yu Darvish to the Cubs, 6 years.

D'ya think they're rewarding Darvish for losing Game 7 for the Dodgers?  :lol:

Edited by Principled Man, 10 February 2018 - 05:53 PM.


#116 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

    Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

  • Members *
  • 19824 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fort Worth, Texas
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:32 PM

View PostBowlCity, on 10 February 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

The free agent stalemate has been blown wide open. Yu Darvish to the Cubs, 6 years.

Bye Jake :(
I know he had a melt down in the World Series but you are going to love him at that price.  A steal for the Cubs.

#117 tx_rush

tx_rush

    I am Cornholio!

  • Members *
  • 5837 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tyler, Texas
  • Interests:playing music, baseball, fishing, hunting

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:47 AM

View PostBowlCity, on 10 February 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

The free agent stalemate has been blown wide open. Yu Darvish to the Cubs, 6 years.

Bye Jake :(

Darvish is a better choice than Arrieta. Arrieta is trending down bigtime. World Series is a small sample size for Darvish, and evidently Astro's were on to him tipping pitches.

#118 tx_rush

tx_rush

    I am Cornholio!

  • Members *
  • 5837 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tyler, Texas
  • Interests:playing music, baseball, fishing, hunting

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:48 AM

Humidor being installed at Chase Field....bye bye Coors Field Lite

#119 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 61759 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

View PostCrimsonmistymemory, on 10 February 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

Great News for Tampa Bay Rays fans yesterday! No it's not that we acquired a decent manager or got some more great players or are expected to win at least 1/2 our games this season. Nope none of that silly stuff! The topic of the day was location, location, location! It seems the Rays primary owner with blessings from the MLB Commish have announced they have picked a 4 acre plot of mostly rundown warehouse's of the west side of Ybor (pronounced "eeebor")City. For those unfamiliar with the lay of the land here in Tampa Ybor flanks Downtown on the east side. So in essence the new stadium will be in Downtown Tampa. Basically were it should've been from the beginning. This is good for not only Tampa but the entire region & of course the Rays. The Rays present venue Tropicana Field is a complete shithole! Terrible design and let's not forget those stupid catwalks. The MLB never ever liked the damned place because of the poor design and crappy location. Both have proved to be the demise of the Rays as corporate & fan support are anemic at best. The Rays were given permission by St. Petersburg to start exploring location options in 2016. There were several considerations even with St. Pete lobbying to keep the Rays there with either a new stadium or a completely renovated Trop :facepalm: If things go smooth the Rays could play their 1st game in Ybor by 2023. I am all for it and think it's a great idea! Let's GO Rays!

It'll be nice to get out of that stickball park with the velour field :)

#120 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

    Minister of Silly Walks

  • Members *
  • 61759 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:29 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=NIAD96y1NiM

Interesting!!!  But Im sure everyone will like when digs are better.

Edited by lerxt1990, 18 February 2018 - 12:30 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users