Jump to content


To any of the doubters out there...


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:52 PM

View Postoghond2112, on 03 December 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostMaverick, on 03 December 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

I've known how to say it for much longer than you've been alive. But I'm still pronouncing it "Pert."

Huh. I wonder why.
Because I'm right.

Sponsored Post

#22 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:52 PM

First on page 2!

#23 Nate2112

Nate2112

    The Lil' Eskimo

  • Members *
  • 3058 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec
  • Interests:Writing, Worldbuilding, Mapmaking, Programming, Composing Music

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:29 PM

You know for a dude who seems to be incredibly uncomfortable around his fans, it's only natural that he is because we have entire threads dedicated to pronouncing his name, which I have never heard mispronounced in my life

#24 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

    The Seeker

  • Members *
  • 248 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southeastern Michigan
  • Interests:Family, music, sports, outdoors, photography and lots of other cool stuff I forgot to mention...

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:38 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 03 December 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

f***ing awesome drummer.
Posted Image

#25 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1817 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:57 PM

Imagine my surprise when I found this out! The first time I saw Rush live in 1974, I thought his last name was pronounced “Rutsey” and that he didn’t look anything like his picture on the album!

#26 taurus

taurus

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 283 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

People who say Pert probably also say Why-Why-Zee

#27 BenjaminW

BenjaminW

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 72 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Francisco, California
  • Interests:Music and History

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:29 PM

View Posttaurus, on 03 December 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

People who say Pert probably also say Why-Why-Zee
I'm afraid I am guilty of the latter. Let's see long how it takes for me to say Why-Why-Zed.

#28 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 24005 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:38 PM

View Posttaurus, on 03 December 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

People who say Pert probably also say Why-Why-Zee
South of the border it is why-why-zee.

#29 JARG

JARG

    Pinky Moe

  • Members *
  • 19057 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just east of Lyra, northwest of Pegasus...
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

View Postoghond2112, on 03 December 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

If you still say "Pert," here's a lesson for you in how to pronounce the RUSH drummer's name that I seriously believe should be a hashtag, put everywhere on the Internet.

P+ +T.

And that's literally it.

But seriously, everyone on here knows it's "Peert."

There needs to be a visual like this for anyone who still says "Pert."

I'm pretty sure if I ran up to Neil and said "Hello mister capital P plus sign ear icon plus sign capital T", he'd run to the nearest safe space.

#30 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10374 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:46 PM

View PostJARG, on 03 December 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

View Postoghond2112, on 03 December 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

If you still say "Pert," here's a lesson for you in how to pronounce the RUSH drummer's name that I seriously believe should be a hashtag, put everywhere on the Internet.

P+ ������+T.

And that's literally it.

But seriously, everyone on here knows it's "Peert."

There needs to be a visual like this for anyone who still says "Pert."

I'm pretty sure if I ran up to Neil and said "Hello mister capital P plus sign ear icon plus sign capital T", he'd run to the nearest safe space.

He'd run to the nearest safe space if anybody who looked like they remotely knew he was ran up to him.

#31 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5962 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:09 AM

View PostNate2112, on 03 December 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

You know for a dude who seems to be incredibly uncomfortable around his fans, it's only natural that he is because we have entire threads dedicated to pronouncing his name, which I have never heard mispronounced in my life

You're lucky!

Posted Image

#32 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30269 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:40 AM

View PostNate2112, on 03 December 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

You know for a dude who seems to be incredibly uncomfortable around his fans, it's only natural that he is because we have entire threads dedicated to pronouncing his name, which I have never heard mispronounced in my life

If you saw Beyond the Lighted Stage then you heard it mispronounced more than once.

#33 Wil1972

Wil1972

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1477 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alabama

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 04 December 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

View PostNate2112, on 03 December 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

You know for a dude who seems to be incredibly uncomfortable around his fans, it's only natural that he is because we have entire threads dedicated to pronouncing his name, which I have never heard mispronounced in my life

If you saw Beyond the Lighted Stage then you heard it mispronounced more than once.

Yes for a bunch of so called die hards half the folks interviewed mispronounce it and it's annoying. Tom Cochran mispronounced it in 1994 when they were inducted into the Canadian Hall of Fame.

#34 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30269 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

View Postoghond2112, on 03 December 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 03 December 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

View Postoghond2112, on 03 December 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

View PostOracle, on 03 December 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

If you pronounce Neil's first name similar to the word "kneel", you're doing it wrong. It's actually pronounced as "nail".

...That's a joke, right?

I always pronounced it “nile”, like the river. But “nail” is the original Latin pronunciation.

Hello! :)

Did you happen to see the note I sent you?


No one says it the Latin way, though, so...

That’s true. Most people say it the Ancient Sumerian way which is “Nayl-mi Pey-te-haud”

#35 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15856 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally feel jesus in my heart now. From that stunning revelation

i'm so sorry lord......all the wasted years.

Mick

#36 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

View Postcanadianice, on 03 December 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

Now i can finally have a good nights sleep. :facepalm:
What would we have ever done without her telling us that?

#37 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:13 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 04 December 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally feel jesus in my heart now. From that stunning revelation

i'm so sorry lord......all the wasted years.

Mick

Bro, you've been saved.

#38 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 15856 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostLorraine, on 04 December 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 03 December 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

Now i can finally have a good nights sleep. :facepalm:
What would we have ever done without her telling us that?

i would have just been a lost soul.  selling meth (and possibly my body.......cause come on i'm all that)  on the street.

but this saved my life.......SEE WHAT TRF DOES FOR US ALL!!!!

Mick

#39 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:23 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 04 December 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 04 December 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 03 December 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

Now i can finally have a good nights sleep. :facepalm:
What would we have ever done without her telling us that?

i would have just been a lost soul.  selling meth (and possibly my body.......cause come on i'm all that)  on the street.

but this saved my life.......SEE WHAT TRF DOES FOR US ALL!!!!

Mick


Amen, Bro!

Preach it from the rooftops!!

Let's save the world!!!

#40 Wil1972

Wil1972

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1477 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alabama

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

https://media.giphy....3UzoQ/giphy.gif

Edited by Wil1972, 04 December 2017 - 12:34 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users