Time Stand Still on TV

Huge Ackman

Time Stand Still will premier on The Movie Channel on Friday, December, 15.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202015%20The%20Fabulous%20Forum%20Aug%201/IMG_0182_zps3jcu01wd.jpg

• Like 4

Wow. I didn't even know the Movie Channel was still around. We used to steal it in the early 80's. If you took the face plate off your cable box and stuck a tip of a steak knife in hole 19 and gave it a quarter-turn, the distorting black bar would go away.

I watched it tonight as well. It hit me harder than the first time I saw it, even, because the end seems so final now . . . . :(

Yes, agreed.

Great film though. "SUBDIVISIONS!!!!"

• Like 1

I am never ever gonna watch it bc it seems too sad

It is sad, but it's also cool in that it celebrates the band and what a special relationship they have with their fans, their employees, and with their body of work after 40 + years. Not a happy ending, though, since we know how it worked out in real life . . .

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/1031160903a_zps6oxxpwxi.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202015%20The%20Fabulous%20Forum%20Aug%201/IMG_0167_zpsapi21wzz.jpg

• Like 1

My family and I almost went to R40 in Philly, but it was too expensive. Now I wish we could have gone, knowing that it would be the end of 40 years and that I would almost certainly never see RUSH in concert again... :(

I really want to meet RUSH now... Geddy Lee is a gentleman... :( :( ❤️

Edited by oghond2112
  • Like 1

My family and I almost went to R40 in Philly, but it was too expensive. Now I wish we could have gone, knowing that it would be the end of 40 years and that I would almost certainly never see RUSH in concert again... :(

I really want to meet RUSH now... Geddy Lee is a gentleman... :( :( ❤️

Probably the only way that will ever happen is if FI2112 (Freewill in 2112, my RUSH-based musical) ends up becoming a thing, but that will probably never happen... and if it does, Geddy, Alex, and Neil will probably all be dead... and I'll have no way to get in contact with them when I'm old enough to have my own house and what not... meaning I'll never be able to speak to Neil and pay him his royalties and get all the rights to his lyrics... :(

Well...I finally made it through the entire film for the first time since opening night at the theater. The whole family is home for Christmas and in bed so the house was quite. I just installed a new 75” Sony TV and a new Apple TV 4K and got a free 4 month trial of Directv Now including Showtime. I was looking around and ran across “Time Stand Still” and thought I’d watch a little. I ended up watching the whole thing and sitting here sobbing while “The Garden” played during the credits. Remembering that tour and my road trip to Toronto, Montreal, and LeStudio with my daughter, and watching all the people on the video that “understand”, was just to much. Everything about that trip was perfect including the timing of my work, my finances, and Sam’s schedule. After walking around downtown Toronto, it was also the first time I noticed I had hip problems which ended up being the beginning of my adventure with progressive MS. After attending about 25 shows with her, I just feel so lucky I had experienced that almost lifelong bucket list trip with Sam. Seeing my last Rush show in Montreal on Father’s Day with her was just so perfect. Like it all was supposed to be like that. I’m grateful for the experience especially since doing it now would be next to impossible.
  • Like 4

Well...I finally made it through the entire film for the first time since opening night at the theater. The whole family is home for Christmas and in bed so the house was quite. I just installed a new 75” Sony TV and a new Apple TV 4K and got a free 4 month trial of Directv Now including Showtime. I was looking around and ran across “Time Stand Still” and thought I’d watch a little. I ended up watching the whole thing and sitting here sobbing while “The Garden” played during the credits. Remembering that tour and my road trip to Toronto, Montreal, and LeStudio with my daughter, and watching all the people on the video that “understand”, was just to much. Everything about that trip was perfect including the timing of my work, my finances, and Sam’s schedule. After walking around downtown Toronto, it was also the first time I noticed I had hip problems which ended up being the beginning of my adventure with progressive MS. After attending about 25 shows with her, I just feel so lucky I had experienced that almost lifelong bucket list trip with Sam. Seeing my last Rush show in Montreal on Father’s Day with her was just so perfect. Like it all was supposed to be like that. I’m grateful for the experience especially since doing it now would be next to impossible.

:hug2: I'm glad you and Sam will have those memories forever! As I recall, your photos of Le Studio were really beautiful.

• Like 3

Great doc on their last "BIG" tour.

Since 1976 I have been a big Rush fan :) It's a bit sad to know that they won't be hitting the road for tours.

That was what Geddy and Alex hoped. Now you can easily say.....

Last tour ever.

The finality of Time Stand Still still rings loudly for us. Great times. And glad I spent 33 years of those 40 seeing them tour and make a lifetime of amazing music that will live on forever.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1