David Cassidy (1950 - 2017) Partridge Family Icon

Principled Man

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2017_08/1196523/david-cassidy-classic-inline-today-170221_2e9f78be791516b54ed4680dc558a016.today-inline-large.jpg

180f5ab96d0a8e50213609a25253725f--david-cassidy-partridge.jpg

• Like 3

This may not seem a big deal to a younger person but to a 57 year old child of the 70's this one stings a little. A bit of an icon in my view just for being part of one important and great tv show...RIP Keith
  • Like 4

I still remember when he posed nude (the naughty bits weren't shown) for Rolling Stone, trying to be edgier. I'm not sure he ever made peace with the teen idol thing and it's too bad, it seems like he didn't have much of a happy life. David and his show were part of my childhood, like Narps said. RIP, David. :rose: Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Terribly sad day, indeed.

David had a great voice.

I was 8 years old to 11 when The Partridge Family was on and it was a favourite of mine.

It was The Monkees meets The Brady Bunch...perfect 70s viewing and listening.

I was impressed with his style, music and way he always got the girl on The Partridge Family when I was a lad.

Along with The Beatles, The Beach Boys and The Monkees, the music of The Partridge Family was an important part of my childhood and served as a foundation of sorts which lead to my lifelong love of music.

My sisters loved him and had Teen Beat and 16 magazine clippings of him on their bedroom walls.

Perfect pop music I have unapologetically loved and have sung along to my whole life.

Rest In Peace Mr. Cassidy and thank you for the joy your music brought the world.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 4

Watched the show (47 years old) and loved it.

RIP

• Like 1

I had pictures of him all over my bedroom when I was a kid. One of my favorite shows back then. It blew my mind to find out that the Partridge family house was right across the street from the Stevens home from Bewitched on the studio lot.
  • Like 7

Never really watched the show but I certainly do remember the girls going crazy over him. That and he was married to one of my favorite actresses way back then - Kay Lenz.

Kind of young to die, but I guess not really. It's just that I really am getting old. But he was only 67. Seems still too young to die when you are in your sixties.

I remember the Rolling Stone semi-nude too.

RIP David

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I remember another detail about him making the rounds back then, but it doesn't seem appropriate to grace an obit thread with that bit of personal info. :unsure:

Says he died awaiting a liver transplant. Seems to me that I read a long time back he had a drinking problem.

• Like 2

I remember another detail about him making the rounds back then, but it doesn't seem appropriate to grace an obit thread with that bit of personal info. :unsure:

Says he died awaiting a liver transplant. Seems to me that I read a long time back he had a drinking problem.

Several DUIs in his later years. So it appears the liver problem may have been self induced. He said he was suffering early onset dementia as well.

The Partridge Family started when he was only 20, so that early success might have messed with his head, a la Justin Beiber.

RIP.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

By the way, now I've got that song "I Think I Love You" going through my head over and over.

Try this one instead...

Now that's metal! :haz:

David Cassidy had a great voice and personality - perfectly suited for those fantastic songs ..

I can remember hearing of his troubles a few years back and being surprised - I suppose I never separated the character of Keith Partridge with the real person ..

The show was iconic .. this is really sad, it shouldn't have ended this way

RIP David

.. I remember back in the mid 90s going to an open mike night where my friend was performing .. It was a haul all the way down to just outside Newark, Delaware, but I wanted to show some support for my friend and his band ...

It was definitely not my cup of tea - god bless my friend Geoff, but he was in a band that, much like the others that night, were trying so hard to be alt / avant-garde and quirky ..

After Geoff's band played, he asked if I'd want to play something ... Now, I was not prepared and my first reaction was to get in my car and start the long drive back to NJ ....

He's like "oh, c'mon, why not ??" ... and I really didn't have an answer to "why not ?"

So I borrowed his acoustic guitar, and in between his band and a couple of poetry readers, I did my best version of "I'll Meet You Halfway" ....

It was great fun, and Geoff was smiling ear to ear when I handed back his guitar ..

that was great, what the hell was it ??

The Partridge Family

• Like 3

Several DUIs in his later years. So it appears the liver problem may have been self induced. He said he was suffering early onset dementia as well.

The Partridge Family started when he was only 20, so that early success might have messed with his head, a la Justin Beiber.

RIP.

I was going to post earlier that he was to the early seventies what Justin is, or was, now. And I just read about his having been diagnosed with dementia earlier this year. Scares me this dementia. What are we doing that is causing it? Honestly, I would rather go now than die that way.

Poor guy sounded a mess. I hope he finally found peace.

Scares me this dementia. What are we doing that is causing it?

A few of the causes of dementia are preventable. Vitamin deficiencies, smoking, high blood pressure, alcohol & other drug abuse, untreated syphillis, not contracting Lyme disease, etc. In short, we gotta take care of our brains just like we take care of our bodies. Keep the good, healthy blood flowing.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1