Lost in Vegas Reacts to Tornado of Souls--Awesome!!!

Tombstone Mountain

Um, can we try to keep all the stuff from these guys in one thread? Love their reviews.

Do they actually have their own thread? I'm just posting when I see it.

Nothing official yet but there have been three or four threads made already. Didn't you make the first one when they reviewed Holy Wars?

Um, can we try to keep all the stuff from these guys in one thread? Love their reviews.

Do they actually have their own thread? I'm just posting when I see it.

Nothing official yet but there have been three or four threads made already. Didn't you make the first one when they reviewed Holy Wars?

I did, but I gave it a title that seemed a bit off after thorough reflection
  • Like 1

This was another good review. Their new reaction to Dream Theater was so damn spot on: sounds like they’re playing stuff just to be playing stuff.

In truth they are playing stuff to just show off it seems. One reason I'm not fully sold on DT. ( I'm a casual fan). Wrong DT song to start with.

I never heard Tornado of Souls before. I would think there are better choices for Megadeth songs.

They started with Holy Wars first. But Tornado kicks major ass! That solo is amazing.

Yes. I enjoyed the Holy Wars review. I think that's the first LIV reaction I watched.

I never heard Tornado of Souls before. I would think there are better choices for Megadeth songs.

If you've never heard the song before then how do you think there are better song choices?

I think requests people make for these reviews should be for more "signature songs" from bands. Maybe Tornado of Souls is...I never heard the title or song itself mentioned in casual Megadeth talk. I think Peace Sells, or Symphony of Destruction, etc would be a better choice for virgin ears. (well, somewhat since they already did Holy Wars). JMO.

Edited by rocket ignites
  • Like 1

If you've never heard the song before then how do you think there are better song choices?

I think requests people make for these reviews should be for more "signature songs" from bands. Maybe Tornado of Souls is...I never heard the title or song itself mentioned in casual Megadeth talk. I think Peace Sells, or Symphony of Destruction, etc would be a better choice for virgin ears. (well, somewhat since they already did Holy Wars). JMO.

So, you think they should just stick to the greatest hits because that's what you are familiar with? Tornado is a huge favorite of both the fans and the band. The song rarely is ever out of the bands setlist. When played live it gets just as good of a reaction as one of their "signature songs". It may not have been a mainstream hit for them but it's a fantastic song with phenomenal guitar work that has most certainly become one of their most liked songs. In fact a Megadeth set without Tornado Of Souls in it, feels like an incomplete show.

So, you think they should just stick to the greatest hits because that's what you are familiar with? Tornado is a huge favorite of both the fans and the band. The song rarely is ever out of the bands setlist. When played live it gets just as good of a reaction as one of their "signature songs". It may not have been a mainstream hit for them but it's a fantastic song with phenomenal guitar work that has most certainly become one of their most liked songs. In fact a Megadeth set without Tornado Of Souls in it, feels like an incomplete show.

For the most part, yeah. More mainstream would be my choice. These guys aren't prepping for a Megadeth show. They're getting introduced to music of major rock/metal acts. Songs are selected as singles for a reason.

For the most part, yeah. More mainstream would be my choice. These guys aren't prepping for a Megadeth show. They're getting introduced to music of major rock/metal acts. Songs are selected as singles for a reason.

Well, nobody else seems to think it was a bad idea to listen to the song and they really liked it anyways so it all turned out just fine. I prefer them to hear a song that showcases a bands talent over just listening to something because it was a hit.

I've seen Megadeth live seven times and Tornado was played at six of those shows.

You are obviously a Megadeth fan...these guys aren't. I'm guessing Peace Sells was played also. One song feels more digestible to a newer listener on one take than the other.

Watching the TOS reaction video was my first time hearing the song also...just like these guys. For a true assessment, one listen probably isn't fair.

Hell, they did Metropolis pt.1...talk about musical overload.

Well, nobody else seems to think it was a bad idea to listen to the song and they really liked it anyways so it all turned out just fine. I prefer them to hear a song that showcases a bands talent over just listening to something because it was a hit.

Not a bad idea. Just a preference. The reviews are fun either way. A hit can easily be a musical showcase too. (and a doorway to hearing deeper tracks)

I've seen Megadeth live seven times and Tornado was played at six of those shows.

You are obviously a Megadeth fan...these guys aren't. I'm guessing Peace Sells was played also. One song feels more digestible to a newer listener on one take than the other.

Watching the TOS reaction video was my first time hearing the song also...just like these guys. For a true assessment, one listen probably isn't fair.

Yep, Peace Sells was played all the times I've seen them. I was just trying to give you an idea of where Tornado stands in the history of Megadeth and why it was a good choice for them to listen to.

Yep, Peace Sells was played all the times I've seen them. I was just trying to give you an idea of where Tornado stands in the history of Megadeth and why it was a good choice for them to listen to.

I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of a new listener, not the fan.