Jump to content


Gene Simmons banned from all Fox properties permanently...

to hell with goodhell gene simmons

  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 88252 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

https://nypost.com/2...926579f881108d6

Quote

Gene Simmons banned from Fox News after lewd behavior

Kiss frontman Gene Simmons was reportedly banned from Fox News after harassing employees and making crude statements during an promotional appearance at the network on Thursday.

Simmons had just completed an interview about his new book with Fox Business when he arrived for an entertainment feature on the 14th floor and began acting inappropriately, according to The Daily Beast.

“Hey chicks, sue me!” Simmons yelled while pulling open his red velvet shirt and exposing his chest and stomach, the site said.

Simmons also told jokes about pedophilia and touched a number of employees — even tapping some on the head with his book while insulting their intelligence.

The rocker was banned from all Fox properties permanently.

A representative for Simmons did not return a request for comment.


Quote


KISS Founder Gene Simmons Has Been Banned For Life From Fox News

Fox News has had a checkered record of sexual harassment and sexism over the past year, leading to the exit of former head Roger Ailes and longtime personality Bill O’Reilly. It has seemingly been enough to see the network attempt to change the environment in the workplace, something that has now led to Gene Simmons being banned for life from Fox News and its other network partners.

The KISS bassist and founder is a longtime guest on the network and made his latest appearance on Wednesday across the main network and Fox Business Network, promoting his new book On Power and having what seemed to be a fun time with the folks, even helping to deliver the weather on Fox And Friends.

He followed this by sitting with Maria Bartiromo for a chat and ended up giving his opinion of the ongoing Harvey Weinstein and sexual misconduct scandal that seems to be swirling around the country. According to The Daily Beast, Simmons felt the question was a bit odd considering his rock persona and seemed to blame the entire thing on testosterone:

“The lunatics have taken over the insane asylum when respected business entities such as yourself ask guys that like to stick their tongues out,” Simmons answered, “what I think of Harvey Weinstein.”

“Okay, I’m a powerful and attractive man, and what I’m about to say is deadly serious,” he continued. “Men are jackasses. From the time we’re young we have testosterone. I’m not validating it or defending it.”
It wasn’t long after this that Simmons was off to his third Fox appearance of the day, heading to an interview with FoxNews.com. This is when “The demon” busts in on a staff meeting on the 14th floor and proceeds to offend everybody present in the span of a few minutes:

“Hey chicks, sue me!” he shouted, and then pulled open his red velvet shirt to reveal his chest and belly, according to the source. Then he starting telling Michael Jackson pedophilia jokes, and then bopped two employees on the head with his book, making derisive comments about their comparative intelligence according to the sound their heads made when struck.
The Daily Beast notes that Simmons’ antics were soon reported to a supervisor and human-resources exec Kevin Lord, leading to the decision to ban Simmons for life. It shows a new attitude for the network in light of their experiences over the past year, though Bill O’Reilly was invited back to appear with Sean Hannity without a peep of the allegations against him.

Simmons or his publicist didn’t provide comment to The Daily Beast regarding the incident and the last social post from the rocker is a photo outside of Sirius XM earlier on Thursday.

Edited by treeduck, 17 November 2017 - 02:48 AM.


Sponsored Post

#2 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21917 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:28 AM

Wow. Doesn't surprise me though.


#3 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32220 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:52 AM

You'd think after nearly 70 years alive he'd quit doing dumb crap like that.

Pretty typical Gene.

Frankly, I was expecting it to be much worse though.


#4 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

Is this a satire piece or is this serious?

Edited by Lorraine, 17 November 2017 - 08:10 AM.


#5 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4572 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:50 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 17 November 2017 - 02:44 AM, said:

https://nypost.com/2...926579f881108d6

Quote

Gene Simmons banned from Fox News after lewd behavior

Kiss frontman Gene Simmons was reportedly banned from Fox News after harassing employees and making crude statements during an promotional appearance at the network on Thursday.

Simmons had just completed an interview about his new book with Fox Business when he arrived for an entertainment feature on the 14th floor and began acting inappropriately, according to The Daily Beast.

“Hey chicks, sue me!” Simmons yelled while pulling open his red velvet shirt and exposing his chest and stomach, the site said.

Simmons also told jokes about pedophilia and touched a number of employees — even tapping some on the head with his book while insulting their intelligence.

The rocker was banned from all Fox properties permanently.

A representative for Simmons did not return a request for comment.


Quote


KISS Founder Gene Simmons Has Been Banned For Life From Fox News

Fox News has had a checkered record of sexual harassment and sexism over the past year, leading to the exit of former head Roger Ailes and longtime personality Bill O’Reilly. It has seemingly been enough to see the network attempt to change the environment in the workplace, something that has now led to Gene Simmons being banned for life from Fox News and its other network partners.

The KISS bassist and founder is a longtime guest on the network and made his latest appearance on Wednesday across the main network and Fox Business Network, promoting his new book On Power and having what seemed to be a fun time with the folks, even helping to deliver the weather on Fox And Friends.

He followed this by sitting with Maria Bartiromo for a chat and ended up giving his opinion of the ongoing Harvey Weinstein and sexual misconduct scandal that seems to be swirling around the country. According to The Daily Beast, Simmons felt the question was a bit odd considering his rock persona and seemed to blame the entire thing on testosterone:

“The lunatics have taken over the insane asylum when respected business entities such as yourself ask guys that like to stick their tongues out,” Simmons answered, “what I think of Harvey Weinstein.”

“Okay, I’m a powerful and attractive man, and what I’m about to say is deadly serious,” he continued. “Men are jackasses. From the time we’re young we have testosterone. I’m not validating it or defending it.”
It wasn’t long after this that Simmons was off to his third Fox appearance of the day, heading to an interview with FoxNews.com. This is when “The demon” busts in on a staff meeting on the 14th floor and proceeds to offend everybody present in the span of a few minutes:

“Hey chicks, sue me!” he shouted, and then pulled open his red velvet shirt to reveal his chest and belly, according to the source. Then he starting telling Michael Jackson pedophilia jokes, and then bopped two employees on the head with his book, making derisive comments about their comparative intelligence according to the sound their heads made when struck.
The Daily Beast notes that Simmons’ antics were soon reported to a supervisor and human-resources exec Kevin Lord, leading to the decision to ban Simmons for life. It shows a new attitude for the network in light of their experiences over the past year, though Bill O’Reilly was invited back to appear with Sean Hannity without a peep of the allegations against him.

Simmons or his publicist didn’t provide comment to The Daily Beast regarding the incident and the last social post from the rocker is a photo outside of Sirius XM earlier on Thursday.
Something tells me Gene just got a chuckle from all of this. :eyeroll:

He's getting close to 'dirty old man' DGAF territory.

I can just imagine him saying "pfft...whatever sells books baby'

Edited by HemiBeers, 17 November 2017 - 09:52 AM.


#6 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 11556 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 17 November 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

You'd think after nearly 70 years alive he'd quit doing dumb crap like that.

Sociopaths never admit to making any mistakes, so they're incapable of learning from them.

#7 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 88252 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostLorraine, on 17 November 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

Is this a satire piece or is this serious?
It's true. Check google.

#8 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 11556 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:41 AM

Getting banned from Fox News would a badge of honor for many people.   ;)

#9 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 88252 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

View PostLorraine, on 17 November 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

Is this a satire piece or is this serious?

Quote

Not April Fool’s: Gene Simmons Earns Lifetime Ban from Fox News

KISS bassist Gene Simmons was a longtime favorite guest on Fox News, for some reason, but sorry to say he's made his last appearance on the home of the fair and balanced.

In a completely real story, The Daily Beast detailed some incredibly absurd behavior from Simmons during a recent visit to the studio prompting signs to go up around the building not permitting him entry on a permanent basis.

It is alleged that Simmons "crudely insulted female Fox staffers, taunted them and exposed his chest" in a completely bizarre visit. Earlier this week, Simmons appeared on Fox & Friends to promote his new book and things were going well until the topic of Harvey Weinstein and the recent wave of sexual assault allegations arose.

Simmons downplayed his qualifications to speak on the topic ("The lunatics have taken over the insane asylum when respected business entities such as yourself ask guys that like to stick their tongues out what I think of Harvey Weinstein") but when the cameras shut off things reportedly escalated. The Daily Beast notes that a source tells them Simmons then sat for an interview with FoxNews.com but instead opted to interrupt a staff meeting.

"Hey chicks, sue me!" he reportedly yelled, pulling open his shirt to reveal his chest. Simmons then peppered the crowd with inappropriate Michael Jackson jokes and hit two employees on the head with his book. "It was pretty severe," one source said.

Afterward, Simmons was reported to management and subsequently banned from Fox News.


#10 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 74921 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

Shortly after they banned Simmons from their properties, they floated his name as a possible replacement for Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate race.

#11 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:00 PM

I'm sure the most trusted name in news ( :laughing guy: ) will welcome him with open arms.

Edited by Lorraine, 17 November 2017 - 12:01 PM.


#12 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4572 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

Al Franken is taking notes...

he always was a closet Gene fan.

#13 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4572 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:39 PM

Meanwhile, Shannon shrugs and goes shopping.

#14 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 7600 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

For so long, Gene has been all about the marketing. Wouldn't surprise me if he weighed sanctions by Fox vs more book publicity and decided to go for it.

This made me laugh so hard, though!  Hey chicks, sue me?? :lol:  Thanks for the laugh, duck!

#15 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 5649 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

That's just hilarious.

#16 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 17911 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

I'd be kissing the ground if i were banned from FOX

Mick

#17 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 5649 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 17 November 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

I'd be kissing the ground if i were banned from FOX

Mick

Honestly, I'd take it as a compliment. Gene Simmons is still too dangerous/controversial for a public news station, rock and roll is still alive! :lol:

#18 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:14 PM

Deleted comment.  This isn't SOCN.  :D

Edited by Lorraine, 17 November 2017 - 01:16 PM.


#19 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 12326 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:15 PM

Hey chicks, sue me!" he reportedly yelled, pulling open his shirt to reveal his chest. Simmons then peppered the crowd with inappropriate Michael Jackson jokes and hit two employees on the head with his book. "It was pretty severe," one source said

... Simmons then tapped two FOX staffers on the head with his book, making assumptions about their intelligence from the sound that resulted

Maybe it's just me, but this sounds more like the fun Uncle that comes over on holidays than the act of some criminal

"It was pretty severe"

:lol:

Gene's Mom survived a Nazi concentration camp and saw her own mother led into a gas chamber .... Gene is old enough to know what is "pretty severe"

I am struggling to find the words for people who can no longer handle a Michael Jackson joke

#20 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 17911 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 17 November 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 17 November 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

I'd be kissing the ground if i were banned from FOX

Mick

Honestly, I'd take it as a compliment. Gene Simmons is still too dangerous/controversial for a public news station, rock and roll is still alive! :lol:

i'd kill to be able to go on Fox and make Hannity wet his panties.....wouldn't be hard.  tell him i'm an atheist and say happy holidays, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000, 17 November 2017 - 01:21 PM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: to hell with goodhell, gene simmons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users